Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 17, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #2,975 of 12,086
How does the MSR7 do with wood?  
It's all about the wood, man.   Screw the sound and the price. 
biggrin.gif

Not sure about wood, but the MSR7 is great with metal (music, that is).
tongue.gif

I find the sound signature of the TH-X00 similar to the MSR7, with the mids and vocals more forward with the MSR7. But, I'm returning my MSR7s. The TH-X00 fall more into the "keeper"category for me. Maybe because of the wood? I don't know, but they are a little more engaging to me, and special.  
I am now in pursuit of something to complement the TH-X00 and AKG K702-65. Thinking the Sennheiser HD700.

Well, to each his own. The HD700 is a piece of sonic crap though, if you want something different the HD800 would probably be a better choice, or the HiFiMan HE-400i if you want something cheaper.

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #2,976 of 12,086
I think all of us 'strayan orders were on the same flight/trip via New Jersey>New York>Aus since the dates all seem to incdicate so. I think the reason why some people got it and not others is that the plane landed at Sydney and is being delivered via normal postage with AusPost, hence why Sydney people got it first and then now Melbourne people are getting it later, should be Brisbane people getting it tomorrow or something and then Perth and Adelaide getting it sometime next week (hopefully)

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #2,977 of 12,086
  I think all of us 'strayan orders were on the same flight/trip via New Jersey>New York>Aus since the dates all seem to incdicate so. I think the reason why some people got it and not others is that the plane landed at Sydney and is being delivered via normal postage with AusPost, hence why Sydney people got it first and then now Melbourne people are getting it later, should be Brisbane people getting it tomorrow or something and then Perth and Adelaide getting it sometime next week (hopefully)

Mine was processed in NY a day earlier, this plus being in Sydney is why I may have gotten it earlier...

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #2,978 of 12,086
[quote name="Asr"

Well, to each his own. The HD700 is a piece of sonic crap though, if you want something different the HD800 would probably be a better choice, or the HiFiMan HE-400i if you want something cheaper.
[/quote]

Thanks for the recommendations. I ended up keeping my MSR7s. Yeah, I like them a lot. Don't care if they're redundant with the TH-X00s.

Looking at HE-560 over HD700 at the moment.

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #2,980 of 12,086
[quote name="Asr"

Thanks for the recommendations. I ended up keeping my MSR7s. Yeah, I like them a lot. Don't care if they're redundant with the TH-X00s.

Looking at HE-560 over HD700 at the moment.[/quote]

I heard both the HD800 and the HD700 side by side. I'm not sure if something was up with my DX90's line out, but the highs were underwhelming on the HD800. But the mids and lows were gorgeous. The HD700 was a bit of an oddity. I wouldn't call them sonic crap. But the peaks were more prominent and there was definitely a bit more sharpness in the treble region. The mids were nice, but a bit grittier and not as refined as the HD800. The cost between the HD800 and the 700 is massive, but I would still recommend the HD800 over the 700 because I do think that for 500 and above, the 700 is not quite as satisfying as you'd expect. That's just my 0.02. 

The amplifier was HDVD800 fed with my DX90's line out. 

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #2,985 of 12,086
how ridiculously long the cord is.

Lol...it is the trend of Japanese manufacturers...Z7, th900...thx00 :D. I found it to be quiet useful as I can now watch movie on my couch with headphones attached :D. Though I have to do removable cables mod. How do you like it ? Cooking and slamming your music together ? Useful isn't it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back