Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 17, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #2,986 of 12,086
Lol...it is the trend of Japanese manufacturers...Z7, th900...thx00 :D. I found it to be quiet useful as I can now watch movie on my couch with headphones attached :D. Though I have to do removable cables mod. How do you like it ? Cooking and slamming your music together ? Useful isn't it
very. It's usually the wife cooking she's awesome. I'll do the grilling. It's a lot to carry with you into the can. Lol

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #2,988 of 12,086
Sure, but he was asking about open comps and there aren't a lot of great fits. Not a whole lot of great sub bass open cans with a forward presentation. They both have a treble peak, the THX00 has it at 8k while the He400 is more at like 11k. The THX00, when meandered, also has a dip at 4K just like the HE400. They're not perfect matches, but do you have a better suggestion for similar open headphones?

I do see your point there, for an open back alternative the the TH X00... I think a HE 400 with some Alpha Pads would do nicely. I had J$money pads on mine, which are very simmilar to the Alphas also the Pleathers for the HE 400 would work to 

I'm curious though about the Phillips X2 an new HE 400S as I hear the 400i is very mid focused not as bass heavy 

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #2,989 of 12,086
Just picked mine up (first in Sweden?) and have listened to a few songs, promising indeed. Looking forward to comparing them with my TH900 and Ether a bit more in depth, but for now just enjoying music after a hectic day.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #2,990 of 12,086
  Just picked mine up (first in Sweden?) and have listened to a few songs, promising indeed. Looking forward to comparing them with my TH900 and Ether a bit more in depth, but for now just enjoying music after a hectic day.

I to an curious how it compares to the Ether 

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #2,991 of 12,086
To customs warehouse Reason: Invoice and social security nr required 2015-12-17 09:11 0024 OSLO

Consignment being processed for import. 2015-12-16 17:39 Norway

Package has arrived in destination country 2015-12-16 17:39 Norway

My TH-X00 is chilling in customs warehouse at the moment. Looking good...not. Don't think I will be receiving those anytime soon 
mad.gif

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #2,993 of 12,086
Received them today in Germany. Customs duties were collected on delivery by DHL. My first experience with Massdrop is very smooth so far. No time to try them though as I just received Beyer DT-1700 Pro too. As Beyers arrived first I start with them.

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #2,994 of 12,086
My TH-X00 is chilling in customs warehouse at the moment. Looking good...not. Don't think I will be receiving those anytime soon :mad:

I'm picking mine up from the Post Office here in Norway tomorrow. Been stuck in customs since tuesday. Cost me almost $150 extra in custom fees and VAT.

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #2,995 of 12,086
Question:

Here's a question for all the overseas shipping recipients who have been griping about their less-than-ideal conditions of shipping...  If you had American friends or associates who could take delivery of your product here in the US, and then ship it to you as a "gift" for purposes of "Customs clearance,"  would that reduce some of the customs/VAT (like) charges and taxes you would ordinarily have to pay otherwise?  Of course, that might also mean understating the nominal value of the product, on customs declaration forms, but I am wondering whether this might be worth it?

Not that I am volunteering to provide this type of service for anyone here.  I just sent a couple of mid-fi Sennheiser headphones and one Fiio E10k DAC/Amp to a friend in Australia as a real "gift" package, and I really only needed to pay the nominal USPS international 1st class parcel post rate, and no additional charges or taxes...  I also do not expect my friend to pay any duties or taxes at the receiving end, because I declared all items in the package as "gifts", and chose to understate their dollar values... Of course there is some minimal risk that this package would get lost in transit, but that risk is extremely minimal (I ship things overseas quite frequently, and am yet to experience such a loss)...  I personally do not lose any sleep over custom charges or taxes that might be lost to US or Australian authorities, because the damn phones are genuinely gifts and non-commercial...

Anyway, I was wondering whether anyone had any thoughts about this.

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #2,996 of 12,086
I'm picking mine up from the Post Office here in Norway tomorrow. Been stuck in customs since tuesday. Cost me almost $150 ekstra in custom fees and VAT.

Ok, good to know. I calculated it would be about $550 total for the TH-X00 including duties. Lately I have been having some buyers remorse and thinking that perhaps I should have added a little money and got a used LCD-2 instead. I hope I will be pleasantly surprised and change my mind when I receive them.

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #2,997 of 12,086
  Question:

Here's a question for all the overseas shipping recipients who have been griping about their less-than-ideal conditions of shipping...  If you had American friends or associates who could take delivery of your product here in the US, and then ship it to you as a "gift" for purposes of "Customs clearance,"  would that reduce some of the customs/VAT (like) charges and taxes you would ordinarily have to pay otherwise?  Of course, that might also mean understating the nominal value of the product, on customs declaration forms, but I am wondering whether this might be worth it?

Not that I am volunteering to provide this type of service for anyone here.  I just sent a couple of mid-fi Sennheiser headphones and one Fiio E10k DAC/Amp to a friend in Australia as a real "gift" package, and I really only needed to pay the nominal USPS international 1st class parcel post rate, and no additional charges or taxes...  I also do not expect my friend to pay any duties or taxes at the receiving end, because I declared all items in the package as "gifts", and chose to understate their dollar values... Of course there is some minimal risk that this package would get lost in transit, but that risk is extremely minimal (I ship things overseas quite frequently, and am yet to experience such a loss)...  I personally do not lose any sleep over custom charges or taxes that might be lost to US or Australian authorities, because the damn phones are genuinely gifts and non-commercial...

Anyway, I was wondering whether anyone had any thoughts about this.

There are many re-shipper companies in US that actually do this for a living.

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #2,998 of 12,086
  Question:

I paid 82 EUR as EU import duties so it's not too much to bother with scheming. Besides I have negative experience with German customs authorities. Once I bought used and recabled Beyer T5p 'phones from a fellow Head-fier in the US and never received the article. It was marked as a 100 USD worth gift and those red tape bastards simply sent the headphones back to seller without even notifying me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back