Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 17, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #3,016 of 12,086
This thread really should just be called the TH-X00 'shipping' review...

rolleyes.gif

On that note, there is an actual TH-X00 owners' impressions and discussions thread, which is not getting much play:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/791071/the-official-massdrop-fostex-th-x00-owners-impressions-and-discussions-thread/15

But I guess that is probably because posters are not aware of that other thread, or they're too "addicted" to this one to bother changing...

Anyway, this is just a reminder that a dedicated "impressions" and "discussions" thread has been created for these cans...  I would actually move to the other thread, a lot of the more substantial "impressions" postings we have already seen on this one, if I did not feel I have to ask the permission of the posters first...

Oh well

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #3,020 of 12,086
I personally couldn't be happier with DHL - from NJ to Australia in 11 days during December is much better than I anticipated.

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #3,021 of 12,086
On that note, there is an actual TH-X00 owners' impressions and discussions thread, which is not getting much play:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/791071/the-official-massdrop-fostex-th-x00-owners-impressions-and-discussions-thread/15

But I guess that is probably because posters are not aware of that other thread, or they're too "addicted" to this one to bother changing...

Anyway, this is just a reminder that a dedicated "impressions" and "discussions" thread has been created for these cans...  I would actually move to the other thread, a lot of the more substantial "impressions" postings we have already seen on this one, if I did not feel I have to ask the permission of the posters first...

Oh well

I'm subbed, there, but like you said not many people are posting. I haven't received mine, yet, to post impressions myself. Once the ball gets rolling and I receive my th-x00 I'll make sure to do so.

PS: notice how I'm not updating the exact location and time of my shipping updates like many here, are. I feel it adds nothing to the discussion.

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #3,023 of 12,086
But while we are at it, I'll make sure to post a full USPS shipping review with boxing material, bubble wrap, tape, and timing details included.

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #3,024 of 12,086

Another Aussie's was sent on USPS? You sure you had DHL?

My tracking says mine are in Great Britian, which isn't really on the way to New Zealand, so yeah - well done DHL.

Yep - I'm sure :)

http://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/?trackingnumber=GM295322949667025518&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Transactional:%20Shipping%20Notification

Dec 17, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #3,026 of 12,086

Delivery by USPS Int'l it says :p Pretty sure it wasn't all DHL, hence the extra speed.

Interesting - I didn't even notice that - but I assumed that it's DHL because I was given a DHL tracking number and the above link...

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #3,028 of 12,086
The UPS guy who delivered my package did not shave that morning.  Also, he got out of the truck haphazardly.  

I give the delivery service, and Massdrop, a B-. 
mad.gif

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #3,029 of 12,086
finally finished my review, nearly 7000 words, haha.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fostex-th-x00-massdrop-exclusive/reviews/14803

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #3,030 of 12,086
Just got my pair now after it was being held hostage for nearly 3 days at my UPS receiving center with no progress of delivery until early this morning. Won't give any impressions as I've just spent only an hour so far listening to them. What I will say is these are well worth the $400 IMO. More than enough bass for my listening pleasure, non fatiguing highs, and forward mids right where they should be. These complement my TH900 as a fun set of cans to listen to but not as analytical. Lucked out and managed to be one of the first 250 buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back