Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Nov 25, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #121 of 12,086
Looking at those pics, I think TH-X00 will definitely be an on-ear headphone for some people. Ear pads look almost like JVC DX1000's and those are pretty much on-ear for my head and ear size. Still comfy but not fully over ear.

Why didn't they just use D7000 pads? They are prefect. 

Nov 25, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #122 of 12,086
Well f*k. there goes my money after i had decided all my headphones purchases were at an end! If this had been $500+, i would have said sayonara. BUT NO!! they went and priced it @$399. My wife's going to go nuts. Will ship this to my parent's house and pick them on the sly. Aargh...... i hate Massdrop.

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #123 of 12,086
  Well f*k. there goes my money after i had decided all my headphones purchases were at an end! If this had been $500+, i would have said sayonara. BUT NO!! they went and priced it @$399. My wife's going to go nuts. Will ship this to my parent's house and pick them on the sly. Aargh...... i hate Massdrop.

I hear you on that lol.  I only recently made a Massdrop account and now I'm regretting it.  Too many good deals!

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #124 of 12,086
The last purchase i made from Massdrop was the Grace DAC. Since my wife has started going through my credit card bills, i asked my friend to pay for it and ship it to my brother's place. I love my wife, but the consequences are annoying.

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #126 of 12,086
Well this is the season for giving right? Pretty good time for your friend to "gift" you a new pair of headphones.

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #127 of 12,086
Can anyone compare these to the Philips Fidelio X2? With the switch from a V-shaped sound signature to more of a U-shaped signature, it sounds like their presentation should be similar, but with better PRAT, smaller soundstage, and worse ergonomics. If anyone can compare, that would be dope. @project86

Thanks!

Someone please show me a graph that has an overall V or U-shaped SS?

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #129 of 12,086
Yeah I've wanted a pair of Fostex's for a long while now but just haven't been able to bring myself to pay for them.

This'll do it. Will be staring at the drop page for these Friday morning at like 8:50 hitting refresh until I can order.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #134 of 12,086
Well this is the season for giving right? Pretty good time for your friend to "gift" you a new pair of headphones.

Husbands out there... "gift" your wife something nice and she'll care less about the headphones. Make sure the timing is such that she gets her gift first but before she has time to forget it and move on. Also try to make sure she doesn't connect two and two!

Plus, these are closed... "honey, I know you get annoyed when you hear the music bleeding through my cans, this will make both of us happy!"

Problem solved! 

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #135 of 12,086
Husbands out there... "gift" your wife something nice and she'll care less about the headphones. Make sure the timing is such that she gets her gift first but before she has time to forget it and move on. Also try to make sure she doesn't connect two and two!

Plus, these are closed... "honey, I know you get annoyed when you hear the music bleeding through my cans, this will make both of us happy!"

Problem solved! 

My wife loves when I buy headphones.

#1 they don't rock the whole house like my speaker rig.

#2. Headphones are WAY cheaper than speakers. Just take her speaker shopping and then headphone look "free" by comparision lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back