Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 1, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #1,053 of 12,089
Lol 300 requests already ! Wow!

the funniest thing is that requests aren't even going to matter.  Will said it would be redropped as soon as they could get another order, before the last round was even technically closed.  So it was already gonna be redropped as soon as it became apparent that they'd sell out the first round.  Will also said that the second drop order wouldn't come from Fostex until late Jan/early Feb, because Foster takes off most of December and some of early January, so all the requests won't speed up a re-drop that was already going to happen, lol. If the drop happens early Feb, people should be getting the second round drop in their hands late Feb.  I suspect if the first round drop impressions go well once they're in the general audiophile population's hands, then January and February will be LOOOOOONG waits for some who held off this round, haha.

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #1,054 of 12,089
^^ yes sir! Will be long....llllllllooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggg.....lol. I have high expectations for this, and I think it will deliver :wink:. Especially when Will was one to mod the fostex and longtime head-fi +DIY guys. He knows his stuff, and even Jude said that he likes the bass on this one eventhough it is not as thunderous as th900, he also like the trebles here compares to th900.

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #1,055 of 12,089
^^ yes sir! Will be long....llllllllooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggg.....lol. I have high expectations for this, and I think it will deliver
wink.gif
. Especially when Will was one to mod the fostex and longtime head-fi +DIY guys. He knows his stuff, and even Jude said that he likes the bass on this one eventhough it is not as thunderous as th900, he also like the trebles here compares to th900.

Stock signature bass is a bit less; but, if you really want it to thunder, luckbad confirmed that the bass on the THX scales really well with +EQ.   
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #1,057 of 12,089
  Would these pads work on the THX?:
http://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Hybrid-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZGGG3KY

Look like the Hifiman focuspads. If they fit I would like to purchase these for my THX.

All of the Brainwavz HM5 pads will fit, but the Angled pads are not as wide as all the others and need more work to get on. You also lose a fair amount of height on the Angle pads because of the width you have to stretch them to.

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #1,059 of 12,089
Stock signature bass is a bit less; but, if you really want it to thunder, luckbad confirmed that the bass on the THX scales really well with +EQ.   :D  

Good things ! I am not a bass head hehehe. I was afraid that the trebles wouldn't be as good as 900, but it seems Jude likes it better, so I think the peaks harshness on 900 as many other constantly pointing out is real :D

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #1,060 of 12,089
The only headphone I've ever regretted selling was the Denon D7000, but I used that to pay for my HD650 and Darkvoice amp, so, it was worth it (prior to that I was using the D7000 on a Millett SSMH).  But I have always missed the D7000, but also couldn't justify the prices it was going for, especially after they were discontinued and turned into a "can of myth."  I feel like I have my second chance here to get a D7000, as the tuning sounds much more to me like the DX00 series than the actual Fostex TH series.  So, yeah, I am psyched.  

Also funny that the gear I sold the D7000 in order to buy I sold literally like a week before this was announced.  Kind of brings things full circle.  Also, I fully expect the Grace M9XX with the THX00 and HE400i will run circles around what I was getting from the HD650 and Darkvoice combo.  

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #1,061 of 12,089
I actually thought dx1000 was superb for gaming. Bass was excellent and soundstage as well. I found it very immersive. Many enjoy it for movies also.

Not to derail the thread too much, but I agree. The only gaming the DX1000 sucks at is competitive FPS games because the bass is too pronounced to hear footsteps easily.

The TH-X00 is actually surprisingly good for shooters. It gives you some visceral bass but prominent-enough treble to hear footsteps and adequate soundstage for positional accuracy (less so than something like the Sennheiser HD598 for FPS gaming, but the TH-X00 is more fun).

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #1,063 of 12,089
Hoping for 1212. Do they do it randomly after 300?

yes. They pulled the first 300 out.  After that it's luck of the draw.  First 50 went to people involved in creating the product, 0051-0300 reserved for the first 250 to join the drop.

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #1,064 of 12,089
What would a superb gaming headphones + VR + FPS games be like ?
biggrin.gif
...I can not wait for some real quality VR from either Microsoft or Sony

I have tried VR from Oculus, Samsung, and HTC/VALVE, you actually don't need a good pair of headphone to feel immersive. I tried watching a horror VR movie with the apple ear pod and almost s***.

And no, regular horror movies hardly ticks me at all. 

Getting ready for DHL to rip my wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back