Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Aug 13, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #7,967 of 12,087
Ok double eye roll.  "Pics or it didn't happen."  

That sounds far different than wow great could you take some pictures of your new headphones.

Pics or it didn't happen is an internet orgininating phrase that sounds intense but is usually meant in jest. It is typically a joking way of encouraging a person to share pictures of something but the joking-ness vs. the seriousness of the phrase also can change depending on context.

In other words: "Prove it with pictures, you liar. Just kidding. But seriously, post pictures."

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #7,970 of 12,087
out of the m9xx surprisingly hd600 came out the brightest. this could be attributed to it being underamped on the m9xx. even though m9xx can run things that are 300ohm, it doesnt sound optimum with them. 2nd brightest is the k7xx and least brightest is the thx00 ph. none of them are bight at all. but you wanted a comparison. i don't have an amp that can run every equally well at the moment. so i run my 300ohm senns out of the valhalla2 with the m9xx as its dac. my k7xx and 400i straight out of the m9xx.
Awesome, just what I wanted to hear since I'm also using the M9XX to amp the Purpleheart. Thanks for the input, it's making me more excited, and the days will now feel longer :frowning2:

p/s: I'm also receiving my HD600 on the 19th. How much does the Valhalla improve it compared to the M9XX amp? Sorry for being out of topic though.

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #7,971 of 12,087
Awesome, just what I wanted to hear since I'm also using the M9XX to amp the Purpleheart. Thanks for the input, it's making me more excited, and the days will now feel longer
frown.gif

p/s: I'm also receiving my HD600 on the 19th. How much does the Valhalla improve it compared to the M9XX amp? Sorry for being out of topic though.

it depends on the tubes. stock tube a bit too fuzzy and bloomy for my taste. i liked genalex gold lions better but it lacks dynamic. better off saving yourself some money and jump on your endgame setup. btw forget what i aid about the comparisons. theres probably some slight deviation in volume when i was comparing them. either ways none of them are bright at my comfortable listening levels. valhalla2 with genalex gold lions sounds good with senns is you're not bothered by the lack of dynamics. its an improvement over the m9xx. but i suggest saving up for an endgame gear.

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #7,972 of 12,087

Sorry Mister Literal... I'll watch what I type next time I'm in your presence.

Not required.

Looking over a number of your previous posts and that seems to a favorite of yours statement of yours.

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #7,973 of 12,087

Ok double eye roll.  "Pics or it didn't happen."  

That sounds far different than wow great could you take some pictures of your new headphones.

Pics or it didn't happen is an internet orgininating phrase that sounds intense but is usually meant in jest. It is typically a joking way of encouraging a person to share pictures of something but the joking-ness vs. the seriousness of the phrase also can change depending on context.

In other words: "Prove it with pictures, you liar. Just kidding. But seriously, post pictures."

Yeah... of course you have seen something like this?

The useless/worthless/didn't happen is mostly no-op here, the only real word is: pics
beerchug.gif
​

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #7,974 of 12,087

You are right its all good...  
deadhorse.gif

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #7,976 of 12,087
it depends on the tubes. stock tube a bit too fuzzy and bloomy for my taste. i liked genalex gold lions better but it lacks dynamic. better off saving yourself some money and jump on your endgame setup. btw forget what i aid about the comparisons. theres probably some slight deviation in volume when i was comparing them. either ways none of them are bright at my comfortable listening levels. valhalla2 with genalex gold lions sounds good with senns is you're not bothered by the lack of dynamics. its an improvement over the m9xx. but i suggest saving up for an endgame gear.
I see, great! Appreciate your input a lot. Thanks again.

A perfect endgame amp for me would be one that pairs well with my M9XX and fairs with all my headphones well, Purpleheart, HD600, K7XX.. I don't know if that exists but being in the audio world is a lot of fun, though I don't have that much of a budget compared to some here.. HE400i is also tempting but I just don't have a clear idea of how it sounds like or how it would compensate(dunno if it's the right word) the rest of my headphones!

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #7,977 of 12,087
I see, great! Appreciate your input a lot. Thanks again.

A perfect endgame amp for me would be one that pairs well with my M9XX and fairs with all my headphones well, Purpleheart, HD600, K7XX.. I don't know if that exists but being in the audio world is a lot of fun, though I don't have that much of a budget compared to some here.. HE400i is also tempting but I just don't have a clear idea of how it sounds like or how it would compensate(dunno if it's the right word) the rest of my headphones!

since you have an m9xx and no other amp. if you didnt get the hd600 yet i would have recommended you to get the 400i instead. 400i is actually really good. it's really transparent more so than the k701 and k7xx.

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #7,978 of 12,087

This is truth.

It actually originated on a Gaming forum AFAIK.It started out serious, then evolved into a quasi-joke.

Just like the phrase "But can it play Crysis?" which you'll see at least once in every new video card review :)

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #7,979 of 12,087
since you have an m9xx and no other amp. if you didnt get the hd600 yet i would have recommended you to get the 400i instead. 400i is actually really good. it's really transparent more so than the k701 and k7xx.
And it fares well with the 400i? I would probably get the Little Dot amp for the HD600 and just run the 400i on the M9XX alone in the future. The Purpleheart will always be with the M9XX haha!

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #7,980 of 12,087
And it fares well with the 400i? I would probably get the Little Dot amp for the HD600 and just run the 400i on the M9XX alone in the future. The Purpleheart will always be with the M9XX haha!

tbh. thx00 hd650 hd600 400i k7xx are headphone i considered in the same league. really comes down to preference at the end. i keep multiple headphone because i swap around them alot depending on my mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back