Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 28, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #3,541 of 12,087
Man there is a ton of sarcastic keyboard courage people on this site. I think I'll take my posts elsewhere from now on

I joined to share my experience about all audio even the shipping. The fact that people have to be this way makes me wonder how life sucks so much for them. You get on here just to spread your negative slander just to get a raise from someone and suck the fun out of it. It's like having the fat guy at work that doesn't take showers for days on end and goes around making fun of others to make himself feel self worth, when really in reality you are literally the butt of all the jokes.

Rant over. Let me get back to what I do best and chill

I get what you're saying, but you're literally posting your own personal shipping updates about a product that is only tangentially related to the thread topic.

Dec 28, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #3,545 of 12,087
Riveting page of posts...

Dec 28, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #3,546 of 12,087
What I really would like to know is how long it would take to ship a package to Russia, then have the package sent to Poland, and then back to California.  Isn't that what everyone would really like to know but are afraid to ask?  

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #3,547 of 12,087
I ordered dinner on eat24.com. I wonder how long shipping will take

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #3,548 of 12,087
I want to know how long until someone can send these to Texas for Chuck Norris tears then to Thailand to be blessed by a monk, then to California to be signed by Dre, then lost by UPS then an insurance claim then a check. Then the next drop by Massdrop then waiting for to arrive then waiting for 200hrs burn in.

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #3,549 of 12,087
So I ordered the alpha pads. And they shipped today with a weird usps tracking number starting with 0004. I'm on the east coast. I wonder how long they will take to get from Cali

:edit: to update I am asking how long it would take and this is also for previous posts back about having alpha pads on the X00. I should also ask, has anyone else other than the one person I saw on here post pics of the pads on the x00's, do this. How did it sound to you?

Hello, I'm that one guy who posted pics of Alpha pads on the TH-X00 with my brief impressions. (To be fair Mshenay also posted about the alpha pads on his TH-X00). I think our consensus is that it sounds better than stock pads and is more comfortable. Why? Because there is more depth and space for your ears to fit and they feel cavernous now. Also lamb skin leather feels way better than pleather.

To quote one of my favorite raps of all time,
"I'lll tell the truth so bear my witness,
Fly like birds of a feather
Drugs are like pleather,
You don't wanna wear it" De La Soul - Say no Go

Also I prefer the bass of the alpha pads over the stock pads. My initial impressions going back to the stock pads was that the bass felt bloated and slightly muddy, and the highs were a little bit too bright. The Alpha pads tighten the bass and offer more space between ears and drivers which is probably why they don't sound as bright as stock pads. Another plus is that they are angled which should offer a more natural and pleasing soundstage than the smaller and less plush stock pads.

Anyways I know there was a guy on here who posted about Alpha pads on his D2000 and said the bass was too bloated. A message to him, they are not the same cans as the TH-X00 so only give advice if you have specifically tried this pairing,

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #3,550 of 12,087
This thread is on fire. Earlier today we had a guy trying to flip a pair for a profit now this, lol.

Makes me long for the days when that one dude would constantly tell us how good a serial number would be in some weird Chinese poker game he plays.

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #3,551 of 12,087
Hello, I'm that one guy who posted pics of Alpha pads on the TH-X00 with my brief impressions. (To be fair Mshenay also posted about the alpha pads on his TH-X00). I think our consensus is that it sounds better than stock pads and is more comfortable. Why? Because there is more depth and space for your ears to fit and they feel cavernous now. Also lamb skin leather feels way better than pleather.

Drugs are like pleather,

Also I prefer the bass of the alpha pads over the stock pads. My initial impressions going back to the stock pads was that the bass felt bloated and slightly muddy, and the highs were a little bit too bright. The Alpha pads tighten the bass and offer more space between ears and drivers which is probably why they don't sound as bright as stock pads. Another plus is that they are angled which should offer a more natural and pleasing soundstage than the smaller and less plush stock pads.

Anyways I know there was a guy on here who posted about Alpha pads on his D2000 and said the bass was too bloated. A message to him, they are not the same cans as the TH-X00 so only give advice if you have specifically tried this pairing,

Cool thanks for the feedback. If they don't suit these cans. I will have others that I can try them on or just buy some more pads for the other cans as well

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #3,552 of 12,087

Drugs are like pleather,

Do you have a pair of D2000s at hand?  If not, perhaps you should heed your own advice and not give advice on stuff you have not heard...or question the opinions of those who have.  
wink.gif
  But hey, I'm glad you like the Alpha pads.   From memory,  they are better than the THX00 stock pads.  They are definitely more comfortable.   

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #3,553 of 12,087
I ordered dinner on eat24.com. I wonder how long shipping will take

This thread is like Facebook for headphone geeks. Reminds me why I deleted my Facebook account: playing music on my new wonderful headphones, looking at my son and having a little smile together. He is so cute, and I just knew all my headphone friends would want to know:) (I'm cute too but I am trying to avoid narcissism)

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #3,554 of 12,087
This thread is on fire. Earlier today we had a guy trying to flip a pair for a profit now this, lol.

Makes me long for the days when that one dude would constantly tell us how good a serial number would be in some weird Chinese poker game he plays.

Lol. I miss that guy.

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #3,555 of 12,087
Alpha pads do make it sonically better for those who want a more accurate perception of music, but I'm a mild basshead so I prefer the slower decay and slam of the stock sound. I wouldn't necessarily jump to exaggerated statements by calling it "bloated and slightly muddy," though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back