Fostex TH900 MkII
Jul 7, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #1,246 of 1,501
The ADI-2's head amp is excellently designed to handle high sensitivity headphones like the TH900.

Not to mention the Biodyna drivers happen to be absolute champs for EQ to start with too.
So the built in amp is pretty good too I guess? I really wasn't sure if it would be ok to use or if getting a separate amp would be more ideal. I do like the idea of having a amp/dac combo rather than a stack.

Yeah I've found the TH900 really takes EQ very well. Love it!

Jul 7, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #1,247 of 1,501
So the built in amp is pretty good too I guess? I really wasn't sure if it would be ok to use or if getting a separate amp would be more ideal. I do like the idea of having a amp/dac combo rather than a stack.

The integrated head amp is phenomenal. The IEM output is the tidiest option I've ever used for extremely sensitive headphones. In hi-power mode, I find it has tons of juice even for my higher inoedance Beyers, but I don't listen as loud as some.

In any case, for the 900 clean performance for high sensitivity and low output impedance are ideal, and this delivers on both with top tier performance.

Jul 8, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #1,248 of 1,501

I run the TH900 balanced through the Jot2, but used SE in the ADI-2 as well, and it’s more than capable w/plenty of headroom👍

Jul 16, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #1,249 of 1,501
ADI-2 was on sale for $999 ($300 off), which is a good deal IMO. Only negative is figuring out how to work it… ha.
It was/is on sale again(until end of Aug) for the same price($375CAD off- $300USD) so I couldn't resist and it arrived today. It sure is a bit complicated at first. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it though, and it sure sounds great with my TH900's! I think I got an open box though which is a bit frustrating. I did somehow ended up with the original akm chip version.

Jul 17, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #1,250 of 1,501
It was/is on sale again(until end of Aug) for the same price($375CAD off- $300USD) so I couldn't resist and it arrived today. It sure is a bit complicated at first. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it though, and it sure sounds great with my TH900's! I think I got an open box though which is a bit frustrating. I did somehow ended up with the original akm chip version.
Nice! It certainly has a lot of features. I’m still fussing around w/the EQ, but it can be fun👍

Jul 17, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #1,251 of 1,501
It is fun indeed to just play around with all the features. I was really just learning how to navigate it yesterday and today I tried playing with the graphic eq a bit. I've yet to try the parametric eq. I'm still learning, it's going to take a while.

One really weird thing did happen though, I updated the firmware from the rme site and after doing so part of the frequency range was absent. Like in one song the background male vocals I can normally hear were completely absent. I tried with my iem's and it was fine, it only seemed to affect the 1/4 headphone jack. I'm very confused by that. I had to do a factory reset and all is good again. I wondered if the update might only be for the new ESS chip models, but I thought it said for the AKM chip as well. I'll just leave it without the firmware update I guess.

Jul 27, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #1,252 of 1,501
Good afternoon Fostex boys and girls. Im seeing an incredible deal for a used pair of these cans. My taste in music is somewhat heavy. Im thinking would these be the one HP that the kick drum really, really hits nicely with huge power and authority on high volume? You might not be the fan of the music but please do fella a favor and turn up the volume and listen 30 seconds in the beginning of this track and tell me if it works. Thanks!

Jul 27, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #1,253 of 1,501
Good afternoon Fostex boys and girls. Im seeing an incredible deal for a used pair of these cans. My taste in music is somewhat heavy. Im thinking would these be the one HP that the kick drum really, really hits nicely with huge power and authority on high volume? You might not be the fan of the music but please do fella a favor and turn up the volume and listen 30 seconds in the beginning of this track and tell me if it works. Thanks!

Maybe you will find more TH 900s owners (which are also metal lovers) in this thread :L3000:

Jul 27, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #1,254 of 1,501
Jul 27, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #1,255 of 1,501
This sounds great on the th900

Jul 27, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #1,256 of 1,501

Yes, it works. I find that they are great w/most genres. Definitely recommend them👍

Jul 27, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #1,257 of 1,501

TH900 works very well wiith high volume

Jul 27, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #1,258 of 1,501
… @.56🤘

Jul 27, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #1,259 of 1,501
Anyone have the ZMF Pilot Pad for these? Currently I use a few different cheap headband pads off amazon. Wanted to know if the Pilot Pad fits well enough on the headband before I purchase.

Jul 27, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #1,260 of 1,501
Anyone have the ZMF Pilot Pad for these? Currently I use a few different cheap headband pads off amazon. Wanted to know if the Pilot Pad fits well enough on the headband before I purcha
Yes, I have it, it fits pretty well. I like it it a lot, super comfy and looks really nice on the TH900's imo.

I posted a pic 2 pages ago where you can sort of see it(not sure how to link to previous posts or I would do so, sorry).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back