Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Apr 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #4,021 of 18,765
Quote:

The innards are exactly the same as a normal TH900. Just special cups to commemorate Suara's (a Japanese singer) last tour.

I think it looks ugly =P

I am in definite agreement
beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #4,022 of 18,765
Quote:

The innards are exactly the same as a normal TH900. Just special cups to commemorate Suara's (a Japanese singer) last tour.

I think it looks ugly =P

+1, they call this a "Limited Edition"...

Looks like they just added some lettering, which I already believe the TH-900 have too much of already. Plain Urushi cups, please. I was expecting a very formidable looking revamped TH-900 when I heard LE.. too bad.

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #4,026 of 18,765
I think these are just for Suara's fans, which are definitely more or less not people that would not appreciate the TH-900, anybody agrees? No offence to the small group of audiophiles who so
happen to be Suara fans... But who knows, any Suara fans here?

[Edited]

Apr 23, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #4,027 of 18,765
Apr 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #4,029 of 18,765
Anyone has extended Zana Deux and TH900 experience to share?

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #4,031 of 18,765
So I'm contemplating modding(or rather having some savant do it for me) a pair of these cans with balanced mini-xlr inputs like the Audeze LCD-2/3. This is a really stupid idea, right?

I just know I'm going to tear the fixed cable at some point(I have an ugly history with fixed headphone cables), I would love to get the most out of these cans, I already have a expensive cable I could use for this purpose and a balanced source.

Are these just the ramblings of a crazy person?

Please don't judge me.

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #4,032 of 18,765
Quote:
So I'm contemplating modding(or rather having some savant do it for me) a pair of these cans with balanced mini-xlr inputs like the Audeze LCD-2/3. This is a really stupid idea, right?

I just know I'm going to tear the fixed cable at some point(I have an ugly history with fixed headphone cables), I would love to get the most out of these cans, I already have a expensive cable I could use for this purpose and a balanced source.

Are these just the ramblings of a crazy person?

Please don't judge me.

I don't consider myself as an experienced user, however this question has been asked quite a bit, so just to pass on as a chinese whisper, TH900s do not benefit at all re-terminated, if they did I would of done this myself already. The only low impedance headphones I know of that do benefit are some Grado's

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #4,033 of 18,765
Those are your headphone you free ti mod it. I have saw a French amateur who hardwired cabled th900 with balanced cable to use with Eddie balancing act and it's it's best combo with the Stax 009.

th900 is easy to recable and you can keep the old cable is u really want to reverse. Not need to be neurotic I don't have done it but you can pass balance cable in the predrilled hole no problem.

Don't drill the th900! But recable is really easy job. Keep the original cable as a reverse option, and Just cut your custom cable termination those are so easy to reterminate afterwards too.

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #4,034 of 18,765
Yeah. I'm not expecting to improve on the sonics all that much. It's purely a experimental decision. It would make it more compatible with some of my gear, the cable tearing wouldn't render the thing useless and the removable cable I already have has better ergonomics.

I'm not doing this with the main intention of improving the SS.

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #4,035 of 18,765
Quote:
Those are your headphone you free ti mod it. I have saw a French amateur who hardwired cabled th900 with balanced cable to use with Eddie balancing act and it's it's best combo with the stack 009

Well yes if you have little choice than re-terminate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back