Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Dec 2, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #17,102 of 18,765
Except LAWTON is engraved on their cups.......................
Except it's a CUSTOM SHOP and they will sell you what you want.

Dec 3, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #17,103 of 18,765
It's real silver foil.

If you want different cups look to Lawson. They have some beautiful wood.
I've looked at Lawson. I know its real silver foil, but still im curious is it possible to remove that silver foil easily without affecting the cups.
the logo is platinum foil actually, which is applied to the urushi lacquer finish

Dec 5, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #17,104 of 18,765
i broke out the th900 the other night for a listening session. i never ceased to be impressed by the clarity, detail retrieval and impactful sound from this headphone - all from a seemingly black background.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #17,110 of 18,765
I'm sorry guys. These Sapphires are pushing and shoving their way to the top of my headphone love list. Music seems so alive with these. The Fostex percussion is there in spades. Kick drums sound like kick drums. But I'm hearing liveliness without fatigue that I don't remember hearing. Separation is perfect, music feels, it doesn't just sound.

The other day I listened to Led Zeppelin and the drums finally sounded like drums. I thought it was a crap recording until I heard it on the TH900. The Fostex rendered the drums like drums.

Dec 25, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #17,111 of 18,765
They're killer out of the RME. I shudder to think what the Liquid Spark could do.

BTW your comment reminds me of barbecue joints. There is apparently an unwritten rule that the more ramshackle the place is the better the food is. When you see a building that has part of the roof torn off and at least one of the walls starting to cave in, you know that sliced brisket is gonna be one for the record books.
same with Chinese food too...and I get whatcha mean

Dec 25, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #17,112 of 18,765
I'm sorry guys. These Sapphires are pushing and shoving their way to the top of my headphone love list. Music seems so alive with these. The Fostex percussion is there in spades. Kick drums sound like kick drums. But I'm hearing liveliness without fatigue that I don't remember hearing. Separation is perfect, music feels, it doesn't just sound.

The other day I listened to Led Zeppelin and the drums finally sounded like drums. I thought it was a crap recording until I heard it on the TH900. The Fostex rendered the drums like drums.

I'm so jealous, lol. I think they came out with white colored ones recently that had the same tuning as the Sapphires right?

Dec 26, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #17,115 of 18,765
It’s just color lacquer on cups

Users who are viewing this thread

Back