Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Oct 10, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #17,011 of 18,737
Hello guys,

I would like some guidance with an issue I have.
The screws of the left side are loose and because of that I had to put some duct tape to hold the headphone together. Any idea of what is the size of the screws? I'm talking about the screws that connect the metal plate with the cap (the red one).

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #17,012 of 18,737
Anyone know where to buy the OEM pads that don't cost an arm and leg? Or is there an aftermarket option that is identical?

I have the TH-X00 but I can't stand the stock pads, I miss the TH-600 pads (same as TH-900). Way more comfortable and bigger soundstage.

Oct 17, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #17,013 of 18,737
Anyone know where to buy the OEM pads that don't cost an arm and leg? Or is there an aftermarket option that is identical?

I have the TH-X00 but I can't stand the stock pads, I miss the TH-600 pads (same as TH-900). Way more comfortable and bigger soundstage.
Dekoni sheepskin 900 pad is probably the closest

Oct 17, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #17,014 of 18,737
I saw Yaxi has some pads for these also. I think all the Fostex parts are usually very expensive.

Oct 19, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #17,015 of 18,737
If you haven't heard, Fostex is releasing a very limited edition version of the TH900mk2 in pearl white, with tuning similar to the sapphire blue edition. They're expected to ship early December. We have them for pre-order here and they'll be available at select Fostex dealers: Fostex TH900 mk2 Pearl White

fostex-th900-mk2-pearl-white-1.jpg

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Oct 19, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #17,016 of 18,737
If you haven't heard, Fostex is releasing a very limited edition version of the TH900mk2 in pearl white, with tuning similar to the sapphire blue edition. They're expected to ship early December. We have them for pre-order here and they'll be available at select Fostex dealers: Fostex TH900 mk2 Pearl White

fostex-th900-mk2-pearl-white-1.jpg

Is there much difference between the regular Mk II's tuning and the sapphire blue? (in this case, the white will have the same tuning as the sapphire). A bunch of people say the sapphire has a bit more controlled bass and treble, and others say there's hardly any difference at all

Oct 20, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #17,018 of 18,737
Is there a European source for these?

Oct 20, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #17,020 of 18,737
Oct 20, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #17,022 of 18,737
Oct 20, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #17,023 of 18,737
Is there much difference between the regular Mk II's tuning and the sapphire blue? (in this case, the white will have the same tuning as the sapphire). A bunch of people say the sapphire has a bit more controlled bass and treble, and others say there's hardly any difference at all
As I have both, the red MK2 and the sapphire blue, I can easily a/b them with my amp. And yes, when you hear them direct after each other you can clearly hear the difference between both. But I can imagine that when you hear one of them and the other one hours or days later, then this might not be that obvious.
I'm also keen to see a frequency graph of both, the blue one must be a bit less U-shaped than the red in my opinion. The heights of the blue are smoother and the bass is also slightly less dominant, but still well controlled.

Interesting they now will run another limited batch in a different colour instead of releasing a third generation.

Oct 20, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #17,024 of 18,737
As I have both, the red MK2 and the sapphire blue, I can easily a/b them with my amp. And yes, when you hear them direct after each other you can clearly hear the difference between both. But I can imagine that when you hear one of them and the other one hours or days later, then this might not be that obvious.
I'm also keen to see a frequency graph of both, the blue one must be a bit less U-shaped than the red in my opinion. The heights of the blue are smoother and the bass is also slightly less dominant, but still well controlled.

Interesting they now will run another limited batch in a different colour instead of releasing a third generation.

Which one do you prefer in general? The reds or blues? :)

Oct 21, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #17,025 of 18,737
Which one do you prefer in general? The reds or blues? :)
That's quite difficult to answer for me and therefore I kept both up to now. I experiment also with reversible different internal dampings and earpads, so the current sound of mine is also slightly different from stock.
When both were stock in the past, i preferred the heights of the blue and the bass of the Red, this mixture would also be my wish for a MKIII if it ever will happen. Mids also from the blue.

The one I prefer varies depending on the kind of music and the current applied modifications.
At the moment I think the red one gets more listening time...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back