Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Feb 6, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #14,566 of 18,761
Sennheiser HD600/HD650 (although I prefer the HD600).  I personally dislike the sound of the HD800.  This way you have a closed headphone (Fostex) and then an open (Sennheiser).

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #14,570 of 18,761
what cans best complements the th900. HD800? T1?.............

Audeze LCD or Focal Elear ,
they have different feel and sound signature ,, smaller sound stage and more forward cans
with good bass that you will not miss when switching from the 900..

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #14,574 of 18,761
  Hi everyone - My headphones just started acting up.  One side will lose a little bit of volume that can be fixed briefly if I wiggle the point where the cable goes into the cups.  There isn't any noise, just a volume drop.  I find that weird.  Any ideas what is happening?  Regardless, it looks like I will have to re-cable them and am considering putting in hd-800 sockets since I have a cardas cable lying around.  (Yeah, once I got the th900's the hd-800s have been gathering dust!)  I see that people have successfully done this.  Anything I should be aware of or does it just drop in?  Making measurements from both headphones, it looks like it might work.  Not sure if there will be room for the nut that holds the sockets in place though.  Thanks for any tips!

I have a similiar problem, but it is not cable-related. I suspect that I have a driver failure in the right ear cup of my TH900. There is a clear imbalance between the volume of both ear cups. Making matters worse, the right ear cup is now completely silent or "dead". Will send them back to the seller, hopefully he'll repair them or refund me. Wish me luck!

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #14,575 of 18,761
Just got a used pair yesterday. The earcups swivel 360 degrees and can lie flat on a table. Is it normal or some kind of black magic? My old D7000 definitely didn't do that.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #14,577 of 18,761
@thatonenoob Thanks, that was pretty much what I thought. Lots of mods have been done to it so I assume that's one of them. The guy did say that his shop has every part avaiable except the earcups so I'm not too worried. 

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #14,578 of 18,761
  @thatonenoob Thanks, that was pretty much what I thought. Lots of mods have been done to it so I assume that's one of them. The guy did say that his shop has every part avaiable except the earcups so I'm not too worried. 

very unusual , can you share a pic , if you dont mind

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #14,580 of 18,761
Just got a used pair yesterday. The earcups swivel 360 degrees and can lie flat on a table. Is it normal or some kind of black magic? My old D7000 definitely didn't do that.

It is possible the bolt which holds the cup assembly got loose. It happened to one of my cups during transportation. I checked the joint and found the screw loose. It was a quick fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back