Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Mar 24, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #9,661 of 18,761
  Alright finally swapped the pads out. Just figured I was too gentle with my headphones through out the process. Taking the ring out just requires a little leverage and a push! Thank you to everyone who tried to help me with the process. If anybody are interested in how badly your pads can be damaged after about 3 years of wear I can spare a pic for you. =P

Disclaime : It's gruesome.

Good to hear you got them off!  Now to see that picture.....................

Mar 24, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #9,662 of 18,761
I should have mine today...thinking about getting new Pads from Lawton.

FYI I found the using the Lawton pads without the mods changes the sound but not for the better.
Can't really pinpoint it but it just sounded off somehow. Like a wider soundstage that positioned the mids even further away.
With the mods and his cups it felt like all the pieces fell in place.
Doesn't hurt trying it for yourself though.

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #9,663 of 18,761
I'll be honest with you, I've tried many amp combos and I've come to the conclusion that a delicate EQ is the fastest, cheapest, and most direct solution.

Hope someone can chime in on your query. If you do try it, please let us know. Best of luck.

I'm about to be the proud owner of the TH-900 come Friday . I'm interested in perhaps trying the EQ fix as I currently have and am returning the TH-600 due to what I feel is lacking
. What EQ would / do you use?

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #9,664 of 18,761
I missed FedEx today... Leaving for Jamaica tomorrow... Won't be back until Saturday...going for business... But I'll. Come. Home to lots of gifts... Well, not lots but two. Disappointed for sure... Was looking forward to listening to. Them

Mar 25, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #9,665 of 18,761
I had the chance to listen to the TH900 last week and they'll be my next purchase for sure. I never heard a closed headphone before, that could create such a big soundstage. I'm really impressed. And the looks...

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #9,666 of 18,761
I'm about to be the proud owner of the TH-900 come Friday . I'm interested in perhaps trying the EQ fix as I currently have and am returning the TH-600 due to what I feel is lacking
. What EQ would / do you use?

Just a custom eq. Lower the bass and treble about 2-3 dbs down. leave the mids alone pretty much. Boosting the mids does not do it for me. 

I'd recommend making a couple of custom presets and just spend some time listening. Have fun!

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #9,668 of 18,761
I fixed mid by boosting 250-4k about 2-3dbs. It sounds really good.
I always hated recessed mids on this but now I am happy :)

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #9,669 of 18,761
I fixed mid by boosting 250-4k about 2-3dbs. It sounds really good.
I always hated recessed mids on this but now I am happy
smily_headphones1.gif

I've tried this and it sounds good. TH900 seem to work really well with some EQ, and it can be fun to experiment.
But most of the time I don't touch EQ if it doesn't add anything.

Mar 25, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #9,673 of 18,761
The stock jack is what 6.3mm? Totally forgot to get an adapter to play from my AK240. Also forgot to put the unit number of my townhouse on my Woo amp, which is "undeliverable" and probably returning to sender... To be reshipped. Good job I did. So, I can drool all.over the headphones tonight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back