Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
May 30, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #10,531 of 18,776
Received my screws in the mail to replace the lost or broken screw for my cup. Had to disassemble the right ear cup in order to get the screw in. Fairly easy process and finished (sort of) rather quickly. I did have an issue getting the screw all the way in. It's now stripped and not fully in. Grrrrrrrrrr. But at least it's together.

May 30, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #10,532 of 18,776
Received my screws in the mail to replace the lost or broken screw for my cup. Had to disassemble the right ear cup in order to get the screw in. Fairly easy process and finished (sort of) rather quickly. I did have an issue getting the screw all the way in. It's now stripped and not fully in. Grrrrrrrrrr. But at least it's together.

Did you order a few spares just in case this happened?

May 30, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #10,534 of 18,776

Maybe I haven't been following this thread close enough, but this is the first I've seen of this issue. The screw broke off inside the cup? Did you get any pictures? Sorry if you already went over this but I looked really.

May 30, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #10,535 of 18,776
Being a drummer myself i love say the sound of est drums on th900. To clarify when i want to hear a snare drum crack like dry twigs or have nigel armstrong violin solo bring a tear, i can listen to my 846 which really pushes those mids that emphisize those frequencies.

think the th900 reproduces the crack of a snare drum pretty damn well

May 30, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #10,536 of 18,776

i feel your pain

May 31, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #10,537 of 18,776
Feel mine too)) I have an issue with sibilliants when paired with Fostex TH-900.
frown.gif
God, this just drives me crazy...It's a problem audible only with some songs but in any formats (MP3, FLAC, DSD). The treble sounds so sharp that sometimes I can't even stand it.
triportsad.gif
  I do not really know if it's a problem of my DAP as I'm now "on the go" and can't try it with any other source. Guys, need your help or advice or whatever)

May 31, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #10,539 of 18,776
Feel mine too)) I have an issue with sibilliants when paired with Fostex TH-900. :frowning2: God, this just drives me crazy...It's a problem audible only with some songs but in any formats (MP3, FLAC, DSD). The treble sounds so sharp that sometimes I can't even stand it. :triportsad:   I do not really know if it's a problem of my DAP as I'm now "on the go" and can't try it with any other source. Guys, need your help or advice or whatever)

Try it with a other dap/amp. How many hours do you have on the th900?

May 31, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #10,543 of 18,776
  The thing is that those are not just something you can get used to. It's like someone intentionally says "z,c" over your ear.

i have never had any problems with sibilants. this is so smooth to me and never trying. matter of fact as i previously decribed i seek out 846 to get mid  mid high push that the th900 does not give. I dont find them trying either. Must be the source...? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back