Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
Feb 16, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #1,878 of 3,438
I have the Fostex TH600 for a couple of weeks now.  I think most reviews are accurate.  They are simply amazing, in presence, sound and soundstage,
I considered many headphones, as I had a few high end headphones years ago, and decided to jump in again.  These have me in awe.  I power them with
a DacPort .  Its like a marriage made in heaven.  I honestly don't know how you could improve upon this unless you were to spend more than twice the money.

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #1,879 of 3,438
I have the Fostex TH600 for a couple of weeks now.  I think most reviews are accurate.  They are simply amazing, in presence, sound and soundstage,
I considered many headphones, as I had a few high end headphones years ago, and decided to jump in again.  These have me in awe.  I power them with
a DacPort .  Its like a marriage made in heaven.  I honestly don't know how you could improve upon this unless you were to spend more than twice the money.

Congrats and welcome to the club :beerchug:

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #1,881 of 3,438
When people say these leak sound, to what extent do they do this? I mean if you were sitting next to someone would they be able to hear your music? These are one of a few pairs of headphones i'm considering for office use. But if everyone can hear my music I'm not going to be very popular. :D

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #1,882 of 3,438
  When people say these leak sound, to what extent do they do this? I mean if you were sitting next to someone would they be able to hear your music? These are one of a few pairs of headphones i'm considering for office use. But if everyone can hear my music I'm not going to be very popular. :D

Your neighbor in an office fifteen feet away will easily hear what you are playing.  Like all Denon's they leak quite a bit. 

Feb 16, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #1,883 of 3,438
Your neighbor in an office fifteen feet away will easily hear what you are playing.  Like all Denon's they leak quite a bit. 

Wait?? What?? I use the akg240mk2 semi-open and i work in an open space an none of the people around can hear me...

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #1,884 of 3,438
Wait?? What?? I use the akg240mk2 semi-open and i work in an open space an none of the people around can hear me...

Yeah, my wife, watching TV can hear my Th900's across the room from me.

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #1,886 of 3,438
Code:
I am currently basing and writing a review for TH600, but for a quick note: I have experienced great synergy with Schiit Asgard 2 and DacMagic combo. The best yet after all the setups/rigs I tried with the TH600. It was just shining with pure effortless aural performances that satisfies at high gain, and with low gain it provides superb blackness and great background music (like the kind you get in a jazz bar) for concentration on other stuff.

Hope my brief thoughts help ph58's original question.

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #1,887 of 3,438

Schiit is more for audeze imo. I have a CKK3 for sale that will work great and is not much more expensive. Others have chimed in that the CKK3 is a great amp as well for the fostex/denon's. It is also made by a company not D.I.Y., World Sound Audio.

I have seen your CKK3 for sale , i have also ask a question about the Voltage , does it have 230V EURO Volt ? Thanks

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #1,890 of 3,438
  Code:
Code:

I am currently basing and writing a review for TH600, but for a quick note: I have experienced great synergy with Schiit Asgard 2 and DacMagic combo. The best yet after all the setups/rigs I tried with the TH600. It was just shining with pure effortless aural performances that satisfies at high gain, and with low gain it provides superb blackness and great background music (like the kind you get in a jazz bar) for concentration on other stuff.

Hope my brief thoughts help ph58's original question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back