Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
Aug 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #1,021 of 3,438
  -.- why bring up an open back ATH can in a thread about the Closed Bass Heavy Th 600 lol. Granted I like open backs more than closed my self but I wouldn't use the TH 600 with the same genres as I would the ATH AD2k

Although :O, I do love my w1000x. I ought to try the open back ATHs... but nah they could never compete with the Byer Dt 880s comfort and ease of use! [not to mention durability] But I'm sure in sound they are about even 

Aug 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #1,022 of 3,438
In my experience the TH600 did not leak much but was not very good at isolation. That was even on what I consider high volumes. It was better than a AT W1000 I had at the time but not as good as a Beyerdynamic T70 for isolation/leakage. On SQ I would rank it a little higher than my AD2000 (that I got from Preproman).

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #1,023 of 3,438
Quote:
In my experience the TH600 did not leak much but was not very good at isolation. That was even on what I consider high volumes. It was better than a AT W1000 I had at the time but not as good as a Beyerdynamic T70 for isolation/leakage. On SQ I would rank it a little higher than my AD2000 (that I got from Preproman).

Hey you want to sell them back to me
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #1,024 of 3,438
I really like the AD2000, which is why I've been thinking about upgrading my closed headphones and keeping the AD2K as the open. The TH600, Ultrasone Sig Pro/ED8, and the newly announced slightly ugly headphone by that hound company have my attention in the same price range 
biggrin.gif

For the money the AD2000 is an amazing headphone, but were someone to offer me trade for say a T1/HD800/really anything from your profile I might be tempted 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Hey you want to sell them back to me
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #1,033 of 3,438
It's hard to tell differences with the graph as they are aligned slightly differently and they look very similar.

The differences I could tell were possibly slightly better matching on the TH-900 (seen in impulse response and treble), the first spike up on the square waves is a bit sharper and higher on the TH-900. Hard to compare treble because of the matching, but the TH-900 may have a bit more sparkle.

The TH-900's bass 30Hz wave seems to slant slightly less and the first notch goes higher than the hump on the TH-900, where it is slightly lower than the hump on the TH-600 which seems to make a difference with the %THD+noise reading.

Impulse response is slightly better/faster on the TH-900. Looks like the TH-600 has a tiny bit more subbass, at least the frequency graph seems to bend up a bit more there. Slightly bit more of a dip around 2-4KHz on the TH-600, but hard to say as it depends a bit on the compensation applied. 

Again, both look very similar to me. I haven't heard the TH-600 and I wrote this/tried to write something because I was bored.

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #1,034 of 3,438
It's hard to tell differences with the graph as they are aligned slightly differently and they look very similar.

The differences I could tell were possibly slightly better matching on the TH-900 (seen in impulse response and treble), the first spike up on the square waves is a bit sharper and higher on the TH-900. Hard to compare treble because of the matching, but the TH-900 may have a bit more sparkle.

The TH-900's bass 30Hz wave seems to slant slightly less and the first notch goes higher than the hump on the TH-900, where it is slightly lower than the hump on the TH-600 which seems to make a difference with the %THD+noise reading.

Impulse response is slightly better/faster on the TH-900. Looks like the TH-600 has a tiny bit more subbass, at least the frequency graph seems to bend up a bit more there. Slightly bit more of a dip around 2-4KHz on the TH-600, but hard to say as it depends a bit on the compensation applied. 

Again, both look very similar to me. I haven't heard the TH-600 and I wrote this/tried to write something because I was bored.

Thanks for the info. Ive had the D5000 three times but longed for cleaner tighter bass. Im wondering if the th600 is the ticket. Although i fear the midrange might be recessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back