Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
Feb 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #286 of 3,438
Quote:
The TH900 on the other hand has a definite bass emphasis, but it's not bloated. There's a big difference: the bass doesn't swallow up the midrange because it's clean and largely free of bad harmonic distortion. It's still a bit too emphasized for my liking, but it can be EQ'd easily because it's so clean.

OMG, finally someone said something like this... I enjoyed the TH900 when I heard them for -exactly- this reason.  Never heard bass like that from any headphone that isn't bloated and/or lacking mids.   If the TH600 is voiced similarly at a price that isn't quite so unrealistic, I am sorely tempted.

frankly I die a little inside every time someone wants them to just be a D7000 clone instead of a slight downgrade to the TH900.

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #287 of 3,438
Quote:
OMG, finally someone said something like this... I enjoyed the TH900 when I heard them for -exactly- this reason.  Never heard bass like that from any headphone that isn't bloated and/or lacking mids.   If the TH600 is voiced similarly at a price that isn't quite so unrealistic, I am sorely tempted.

frankly I die a little inside every time someone wants them to just be a D7000 clone instead of a slight downgrade to the TH900.

+1 this

The TH900 are high on my list, but the $2k price tag keep me from pulling the trigger.  My next purchase will be either these or the new audeze closed-back headphones (really hoping they are priced similarly to the LCD-2s)

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #288 of 3,438
Quote:
+1 this

The TH900 are high on my list, but the $2k price tag keep me from pulling the trigger.  My next purchase will be either these or the new audeze closed-back headphones (really hoping they are priced similarly to the LCD-2s)

I understand the waiting - can't argue against that, but the TH-900s are bliss.  Nothing compares to it ALL things considered except a few other headphones that are well subject to one's auditory preferences and perspective.  < obviously my opinion, a close second to the TH-900 would be the LCD-3 but I am opinionated about it's cost in relation to its materials, especially when I can get similar SQ AND the justifiable materials at the same cost in the TH-900.  Again, my opinion.

I already know I will end up owning the TH-600s or at least hearing them down the road, but trust me when I say that the TH-900 is well worthy of its reputation and I highly doubt the TH-600 will come close to changing that.  It will fill a void for Fostex, but it is not going to take down their flagship model.  It just doesn't make sense from a business model stand point ESPECIALLY considering how overwhelmingly successful the TH-900 has been for them.

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #289 of 3,438
I think the TH600 being a lesser TH900 would probably appeal more to people who couldn't spend the extra $ for the top phone or else they'd go for that already.  People with the freedom to choose either or both would probably want something different, something the TH900 doesn't do, or else it'd be a bit redundant.

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #290 of 3,438
I'm at a bit of a crossroads myself, would I be happier with my LCD-2s and add a nice $1k pair of closed cans or should I sell off my LCD-2's and help fund a LCD-3 purchase.  There's a definite point of diminishing returns that I believe I've already reached.... but this tax return is burning a hole in my wallet, must resist...

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #291 of 3,438
Quote:
I'm at a bit of a crossroads myself, would I be happier with my LCD-2s and add a nice $1k pair of closed cans or should I sell off my LCD-2's and help fund a LCD-3 purchase.  There's a definite point of diminishing returns that I believe I've already reached.... but this tax return is burning a hole in my wallet, must resist...

Seakers perhaps?

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #297 of 3,438
The last few times I have tried subscribing without posting in the thread I was not updated.

But I hope your inquiry's response of useless text doesn't bother you as much as reading a single worded post did.

Cheers!

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #298 of 3,438
Subscription system is fubar atm. It's not that you post or don't post when subscribing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back