Fostex T60RP
Dec 21, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #1,426 of 1,451
Are any of these suggestions deeper (ie in terms of encompassing the entire ear) than the stock pads? I'm keen to try different pads as well but it's hard to know what the technical measurement of the depth/thickness is?

Dec 21, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #1,427 of 1,451
Are any of these suggestions deeper (ie in terms of encompassing the entire ear) than the stock pads? I'm keen to try different pads as well but it's hard to know what the technical measurement of the depth/thickness is?

Oh yeah, the ZMFs are deeper. They'll have you covered.

Dec 22, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #1,429 of 1,451
I finally joined the fostex t60rp club. I really like the ootb tune but the ear pads are hot. any suggestions to get rid of squeaky cup btw?

oh and for anybody wondering, djdigitalgear has refurbished t60s for $199. after shipping and import fee to mexico (COD btw) came out to about $294 for me. they also seemed new. no plastic or bags and a blue twist tie for the cord. only minor flaw is one of the earpads had a folded over wrinkle that will probably take a few hours to recover fully.

Dec 30, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #1,430 of 1,451
anybody got a recommendation for an earpad that sticks close to stock sound? I bought 2 earpads and velvet is too small fit. the perforated fake leather was ok musically but sacrificed too much imaging and soundstage gaming. my balanced cable cable came in and I don't need high gain anymore. I am still about 90% on the knob though. as far as making a difference? separation was noticeably better and bass seems a little tighter. hoping to find the right earpad though. the stock is fine but a little hot but can live with it.

welp, after some critical listening last night and making sure the t60s had enough power I have come to the conclusion my right driver rattles. going back to ~feb 2019 in this thread a post mentioned covering the square hole with the white surround made most of the distortion in bass go away and that is the same conclusion I came to. atm, I've only read a couple pages past that looking for resolution but does anybody here currently know what the best route is to fix this issue?

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #1,432 of 1,451
¿Alguien tiene una recomendación para una almohadilla que se acerque al sonido original? Compré 2 almohadillas y el terciopelo me queda pequeño. El cuero falso perforado estaba bien musicalmente, pero sacrificó demasiadas imágenes y juegos de escenario sonoro. Llegó mi cable balanceado y ya no necesito alta ganancia. Sin embargo, todavía estoy al 90% de la perilla. ¿En cuanto a marcar la diferencia? la separación fue notablemente mejor y los graves parecen un poco más ajustados. Sin embargo, espero encontrar la almohadilla adecuada. el caldo está bien, pero un poco picante, pero puedo vivir con él.

Bueno, después de una escucha crítica anoche y de asegurarme de que el t60 tuviera suficiente potencia, llegué a la conclusión de que el controlador derecho suena. Volviendo a ~ febrero de 2019 en este hilo, una publicación que mencionaba que cubrir el orificio cuadrado con el marco blanco hizo que la mayor parte de la distorsión en los graves desapareciera y esa es la misma conclusión a la que llegué. Cajero automático, solo he leído un par de páginas buscando una solución, pero ¿alguien aquí sabe cuál es la mejor ruta para solucionar este problema?
Además de las almohadillas de Aliexpress yo utilizo la aplicación de Wavelet en mi celular con la ecualización que tiene por defecto para el T60RP y el resultado es muy bueno.

Dec 31, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #1,433 of 1,451
Sí.

Jan 3, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #1,434 of 1,451
So what was the general consensus on diy mods for the t60rp? I read through this thread but there was a lot to absorb.

Some claimed the mayflower baffles were good, but most I believe who tested them said too much bass bloat and damages mids, especially if using deeper earpads.

There seemed to be some good arguments for taping up a couple of the baffle vents, or cutting a dense foam (like mayflower) into a "C" shape to leave some ports open.

Finally some advocated for deep zmf pads, but a lot thought these were too bassy and liked the stock pads, a happy medium seemed to be perforated pads such as accessory house.

There was not much advocacy for modding the insides of the cups with wool or messing with the paper on the drivers although some claimed benefits. Some claimed taping up one or two of the cup vents also yielded benefits.

Does this sound right? I.e. A couple of baffle ports taped up, accessory house perforated pads, and maybe 1 cup vent taped up.

Any thoughts, comments, or contradictions?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #1,435 of 1,451
These work very well, great quality and same as dekoni ? I use them and they are great. Perforated for T60, non perforated for T50 is my preference.

Accessory House ear pads

Perforated
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X2F29B2?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_1R2ZG500JNX7WJ4D0JQC&language=en-US

Non-Perforated
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X1L287G?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_1MQ91PXCZX4QEHG2TVWB&language=en-US

oye. could you elaborate on these pads please? how does the perforated and non perforated compare to the stock pad? I think I have settled on the perforated AHG but curious if I should buy a mayflower kit because I will have to tweak to accommodate the new pad. I have tamed the highs somewhat with light eq'ing but will not settle for hollow or terrible bass. and are these real leather that need a little conditioning 1-2 times a year or would these be considered disposable and only need light damp cloth cleaning every 1-2 weeks?

Jan 6, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #1,436 of 1,451
oye. could you elaborate on these pads please? how does the perforated and non perforated compare to the stock pad? I think I have settled on the perforated AHG but curious if I should buy a mayflower kit because I will have to tweak to accommodate the new pad. I have tamed the highs somewhat with light eq'ing but will not settle for hollow or terrible bass. and are these real leather that need a little conditioning 1-2 times a year or would these be considered disposable and only need light damp cloth cleaning every 1-2 weeks?
Stock pads blow.

Perforated good bass with mayflower baffles. Non perforated too much bass with mf baffles.

Jan 13, 2024 at 8:14 PM Post #1,439 of 1,451
welp. my AHG pads came a day early. didn't really notice a huge change to sound profile but after some listening realized it brought the treble down a little. bass unnoticeable difference. still hot but today is a little warmer and it will only get hotter next 10 months. lol. if UPS wasn't dragging it's feet my t20s could've been delivered today so I will probably get them expected date monday.

any recommendations for separate amp? opinions on smsl ho200 amp and do200 dac?

scratch the ho200 and do200. as much as I want too much and too hard to get here for reasonable price, even if I use ebay and pick up in the US. I think I am going to get topping a30 pro. checks the minimum boxes and it's much smaller. ho/do200 kinda big for my setup. anybody got recs for DAC? budget is ~$300 max. anything with 9068x2 besides the do200?

and does a balanced hp amp only take advantage of balanced with a balanced dac?

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #1,440 of 1,451
scratch. I see zeos using argon t60s with a30 pro so I should be fine.

just to be sure, I have 4.4 cable. the a30 pro hpa has XLR and 4.4, but both are SE output. is it safe to continue using my 4.4 balanced cable in a SE output? I am asking because maybe I am not googling correctly and I also forgot what situation can cause you to blow a hpa.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back