fostex t50rp or shure srh940?
May 6, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

you think they can compete with higher end cans though? like headphones in the 200+ range?

They are exceptional, for their price. You'll probably find some higher price bracket cans with sound signatures you seek to be more refined and better in fidelity just due to the extra budget (not always the case though).

May 6, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:
They are exceptional, for their price. You'll probably find some higher price bracket cans with sound signatures you seek to be more refined and better in fidelity just due to the extra budget (not always the case though).

also, are they portable? i saw the cable was 8 ft long...

May 6, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #23 of 30
i think there is a sony z1000 going for sub300 in the resale forum now...watch out if u have big ears.
Its a little echoey, not a bigbass can, hmmm can be good if u like jazz..suzzks with classicals.
But definitely a handsome looking can. works well off an ipad iphone.
popcorn.gif

May 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:
i think there is a sony z1000 going for sub300 in the resale forum now...watch out if u have big ears.
Its a little echoey, not a bigbass can, hmmm can be good if u like jazz..suzzks with classicals.
But definitely a handsome looking can. works well off an ipad iphone.
popcorn.gif

thanks for the encouragement for me to get the z1000 lol, i was actually seriously considering getting those as well. do you know if its a big upgrade from the zx700? i think i heard the zx700 in best buy before but only for about 1 min so i dont remember much other than it has less bass than the xb500 thats displaying next to it. 

May 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #25 of 30
forget the zx700....cos once u get it, the itch to get the z1000 will start, n stop u from a restful sleep.
Bite the bullet and die happy!

Do u play tennis? the more exotic harder metal frames give a "taut-er" feel to the hit...
that goes for the z1000, it gives me a more SOLID focused feel to the sound...or at least to the head lol.

Just get the z1000 ...see sentence ONE. 

----------
have u read up on the KRK KNS8400?? 
tongue_smile.gif

May 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #26 of 30
Personally, i didnt read the thread here.   But from tons and tons of different opinions, and after listening to the Shure SRH940's and after owning Shure SRH840s for over a year, go with the 840s.  Better sound quality, not as fashionable, but, really?  If youre spending $200 on a headphone, the 840s are the way to go.  You are buying headphones for audio, and i cant see why you wouldnt want quality.

May 9, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #27 of 30
Quote:
forget the zx700....cos once u get it, the itch to get the z1000 will start, n stop u from a restful sleep.
Bite the bullet and die happy!

Do u play tennis? the more exotic harder metal frames give a "taut-er" feel to the hit...
that goes for the z1000, it gives me a more SOLID focused feel to the sound...or at least to the head lol.

Just get the z1000 ...see sentence ONE. 

----------
have u read up on the KRK KNS8400?? 
tongue_smile.gif

thanks for the encouragement to get the z1000 again and no i havent heard of the krk kns8400 yet, just read some reviews on it. my wallet officially hates me and this forum now because i bought not only the z1000 but also the koss tony bennett headphone. they better not disappoint me in sound quality lol. i should have them soon and will tell you guys how i like them when i get them. 

Quote:
Personally, i didnt read the thread here.   But from tons and tons of different opinions, and after listening to the Shure SRH940's and after owning Shure SRH840s for over a year, go with the 840s.  Better sound quality, not as fashionable, but, really?  If youre spending $200 on a headphone, the 840s are the way to go.  You are buying headphones for audio, and i cant see why you wouldnt want quality.

thats weird, most people i read reviews on prefer the srh940 than the 840.

May 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #28 of 30
wow u are trigger happy!!! Now your life is simpler...
keep both...sell both...keep one n sell the loser.
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:
wow u are trigger happy!!! Now your life is simpler...
keep both...sell both...keep one n sell the loser.
biggrin.gif

lol i hate losing money during selling so i think im keeping both lol. i also think im done with searching for closed back headphones, if im buying a headphone next, it will mostly be one of the higher end open back headphones but i think im pretty set for now, im perfectly comfortable with my dt990 to use at home

May 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #30 of 30
already received my z1000, havent done a lot of listening but its amazingly detailed. i have heard low level detail that i never heard before with my dt 990 (for home) and my hf 5 (for portable). its also very balanced, will listen more before i post anything else about it. still waiting on my koss to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back