Fostex T50RP 50th Anniversary Edition
Nov 7, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #166 of 419
has anybody tested these gaming yet? I want to pull the trigger but few shops shipping to mexico. I just cancelled an order with pifferia trying to see if they ship to mexico. they are $230 there and I will have to pay import fees which would probably make these $270-$300 headphones for me.
It's awesome in gaming. Good environmental placements on sound and proximity.

Nov 7, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #167 of 419
Which amplifiers and audio interface? About every pro audio interface will sound neutral as they should. How efficiently it can drive a phone is another story.
I have an old Roland M10DX mixer which I still use, a Roland VR1HD streaming AV mixer and an Audient ID22 with is 70mW@16 112mW@32 130mW@150 95mW@300 55mW@600. I can listen to them equally good but in different volume levels.
If you have issues on how RP's sound signature then the RP is not for you, that's the bottom line and we already know that from you. By now you should should have realized that don't you think? Move on.
You are so persistent in driving me away from here)
1 I will decide for myself what is for me and what is not.
2 This thread and this forum are not your personal account.
3 I’ve already asked, I’ll ask again.. Am I stopping you from selling? Am I stopping you from creating a beautiful image? What is your benefit?
Why are you doing it?

The discussion should consist not only of songs of praise, but of constructive criticism and constructive achievements. Marketing cannot make a product better.

Nov 7, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #168 of 419
You are so persistent in driving me away from here)
1 I will decide for myself what is for me and what is not.
2 This thread and this forum are not your personal account.
3 I’ve already asked, I’ll ask again.. Am I stopping you from selling? Am I stopping you from creating a beautiful image? What is your benefit?
Why are you doing it?

The discussion should consist not only of songs of praise, but of constructive criticism and constructive achievements. Marketing cannot make a product better.
Seriously, I'm telling you to move on to better phones that fit you and I've told you numerous times. I mean, how much more can you stress on how broken a phone the T50RP is to you? It's what you've been expressing every single time.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #172 of 419
first place I tried. contemplating akg712s now but I really wanted to try my first planar magnetic so I might ship to US and wait.
Check thomann.de Mexico shop :)

Nov 7, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #173 of 419
first place I tried. contemplating akg712s now but I really wanted to try my first planar magnetic so I might ship to US and wait.
The 712 are even harder to drive than the T50. If you’re wanting the 712 sound then I would say the T5050 would be just as good or better, better in a sense that it will give good enough informative bass/midbass in gaming.

Nov 7, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #176 of 419
I have a topping g5 so I'm covered. I think it's rated 1.2W @ 32 ohms.
Also, T5050 is internally balanced. Comes with 3.5mm terminated cable and 2.5mm terminated balanced cable. I’m using a 4.4mm adapter.
61B58DD5-0F78-4009-AF04-E6607A75680E.jpeg

Nov 7, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #177 of 419
$312 with no fees included. I am looking at pifferia again. has anybody ever had to pay import fees once a delivery enters destination country? I am unfamiliar with this and worried because i don't speak spanish well.
It really depends on your country. Here we pay huge money for anything imported from outside the EU.

I have a topping g5 so I'm covered. I think it's rated 1.2W @ 32 ohms.
That is not nearly enough.

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #179 of 419
I'm way more interested in setting my T5050 on my ears, than a scale, sorry.

They're north of 300 grams. Moving on!

Nov 9, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #180 of 419
Also, T5050 is internally balanced. Comes with 3.5mm terminated cable and 2.5mm terminated balanced cable. I’m using a 4.4mm adapter.
I think I might need to get me one of those. I heard from someone on Reddit who had the same cable fiddliness issue as me that it is in fact the cable not the headphone, and only affected one of their two cables. They switched to the other - and issue gone. So I think I need to try out my 2.5mm cable with an adapter to fit my amp (currently I've been using the 3.5mm terminated cable and that's the one that's been finnicky).

$312 with no fees included. I am looking at pifferia again. has anybody ever had to pay import fees once a delivery enters destination country? I am unfamiliar with this and worried because i don't speak spanish well.

If import fees are present, I think it generally is after they enter the country that you have to pay them - the courier company will tell you how much you owe and ask for it. That's just going off memory from a time it happened years ago though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back