Fostex T50RP 50th Anniversary Edition
Apr 26, 2024 at 12:21 AM Post #393 of 405
Fostex finally making major changes..

T50RP MK4
Both the left and right housings are equipped with connectors so that the cable can be connected to either the left or right depending on the usage environment. In addition, by making the left and right housings the same shape, we reduce the difference in sound quality caused by the difference in internal structure and volume between the left and right sides due to the presence or absence of a connector part. The connector is equipped with a 4-pole 3.5 mm connector that supports balanced connections, increasing ease of use and versatility. The cable uses high-quality OFC conductors.

Impedance now at 28Ω

T50RPmk4_bottom_700x350.jpg

T50RPmk4_image01-480x270.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #395 of 405

T50RP MK4
Both the left and right housings are equipped with connectors so that the cable can be connected to either the left or right depending on the usage environment. In addition, by making the left and right housings the same shape, we reduce the difference in sound quality caused by the difference in internal structure and volume between the left and right sides due to the presence or absence of a connector part. The connector is equipped with a 4-pole 3.5 mm connector that supports balanced connections, increasing ease of use and versatility. The cable uses high-quality OFC conductors.

Impedance now at 28Ω

Please start a dedicated thread. This is big news!

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #399 of 405

T50RP MK4

Impedance now at 28Ω

Wow cool, wondering when would be the release date for this one

Apr 30, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #401 of 405
I bought T50rp50 several months ago and had not spent more than an hour with them on several occasions until this evening.
I didn't like the stock pads, which are more on the ear than around the ear.
I got the new pads I ordered from Ali...not the same as ThEvil0nE has...but another, and still great and cheaper, too. :)
I didn't have to spend days with them to figure out that they are good...now with the whole new experience, I can properly enjoy them!
I don't know about other Fostex (except the TH900mk2) in this price range,
but folks rarely recommend them when someone is asking for a new pair of headphones.

I would definitely recommend them, especially to those who are sensitive to higher frequencies. These are mellow but thick-sounding.
You can easily crank up the volume with no issues whatsoever.

GO 5050th!!!

Cheers! :)

May 7, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #403 of 405
Been forever since I posted here. I started an antidepressant medication that instead of helping my depression/anxiety gave me crippling fatigue, not want to get out of bed all day, and I also started experiencing horrible anhedonia so stopped enjoying all my usual hobbies like music, games, etc.

I'm now tapering off and feeling a bit better and last night I put on my T50RP 50th Anni for the first time in at least a couple months and what a treat. I forgot how much I loved this pair. Does just about everything I would want in a headphone, the only thing I could maybe ask for is a slightly wider soundstage.

Which brings me to a question. Has anyone here used any pads for these that widen the soundstage a fair bit, without changing the character of the sound too drastically (since I really do like the stock tuning)?

Last edited:
May 7, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #404 of 405
Been forever since I posted here. I started an antidepressant medication that instead of helping my depression/anxiety gave me crippling fatigue, not want to get out of bed all day, and I also started experiencing horrible anhedonia so stopped enjoying all my usual hobbies like music, games, etc.

I'm now tapering off and feeling a bit better and last night I put on my T50RP 50th Anni for the first time in at least a couple months and what a treat. I forgot how much I loved this pair. Does just about everything I would want in a headphone, the only thing I could maybe ask for is a slightly wider soundstage.

Which brings me to a question. Has anyone here used any pads for these that widen the soundstage a fair bit, without changing the character of the sound too drastically (since I really do like the stock tuning)?
Good to see you bouncing back and feeling better. I reverted one of my T5050 to stock after finally finding the mod I liked. It's refreshing to hear once again the stock version. It's still imo the best tuned T50 in stock form. As far as soundstage goes (stock) I find it more than adequate for a semi-open phone. Mess around with EQ..

May 7, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #405 of 405
Good to see you bouncing back and feeling better. I reverted one of my T5050 to stock after finally finding the mod I liked. It's refreshing to hear once again the stock version. It's still imo the best tuned T50 in stock form. As far as soundstage goes (stock) I find it more than adequate for a semi-open phone. Mess around with EQ..
Thank you!

And I have to agree the soundstage is honestly great already, probably should have mentioned that in my previous comment in case anyone gets the idea this is lacking in that regard, definitely not - it's fairly wide and especially has great height to it.

I'm just a sucker for soundstage and curious if I can get it even larger like my K702 (which is stupid wide) because I've heard some T50 mods (deep pads especially iirc?) are renowned for their especially large soundstage.

I'll have to play around with EQ too, I did manage to make one of my pairs of IEMs sound a lot wider with some EQ so could try the same here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back