Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Nov 10, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #4,592 of 4,764
The amazing thing is that you can get a very good scene and detail on such simple cheap headphones.
Just changing the cable.
I have a chord hugo 2 and I can say that the AK 2000t sounds very good after changing the cable
Noir HPC Mk2 has huge potential

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #4,593 of 4,764
Hello
170 hours warm-up
Matt makes fantastic cables and they need to be heated for 200 hours at good volume...
They begin to reveal themselves even with budget headphones starting from 1000 euros.
This is a fantastic product
Bravo!

Nov 14, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #4,594 of 4,764
The Forza Noir Hybrid cable sounds VERY tempting, however, I do not want ANY sibilance, harshness or bright sound in any way. Only bringing out/enhancing the amazing details the VC's already have. Also, I would prefer not to sacrifice any bass or lush sounding mids...if at all if possible.

If that's of any help, Noir Hybrid doesn't accentuate anything in particular; neither bass, nor mids or treble. In that sense it's the most universal product I have. If your setup suffers from sybilants and you'd like to address specifically this issue, then I'd go for copper. If not, then Hybrid may be your new best friend. Hope this helps, thanks!

Any suggestions for Dan Clark Audio Expanse? Debating noir hybird vs Mk2 open to other suggestions as well.

I personally don't think that these cans have any tonal issues to address, so if I were their owner, I'd probably start from Hybrid.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Nov 14, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #4,596 of 4,764
If that's of any help, Noir Hybrid doesn't accentuate anything in particular; neither bass, nor mids or treble. In that sense it's the most universal product I have. If your setup suffers from sybilants and you'd like to address specifically this issue, then I'd go for copper. If not, then Hybrid may be your new best friend. Hope this helps, thanks!

I personally don't think that these cans have any tonal issues to address, so if I were their owner, I'd probably start from Hybrid.
Will you release a new cable in near future?

Nov 14, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #4,597 of 4,764
The Forza Noir Hybrid cable sounds VERY tempting, however, I do not want ANY sibilance, harshness or bright sound in any way. Only bringing out/enhancing the amazing details the VC's already have. Also, I would prefer not to sacrifice any bass or lush sounding mids...if at all if possible.
I own four FAW Noir Hybrid cables: two SE, two XLR. These are used for Audeze, Focal, Kennerton, and ZMF headphones - one of which is Verite Closed. The Noir Hybrids do for me everything that is on your checklist.

Nov 24, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #4,598 of 4,764
I own four FAW Noir Hybrid cables: two SE, two XLR. These are used for Audeze, Focal, Kennerton, and ZMF headphones - one of which is Verite Closed. The Noir Hybrids do for me everything that is on your checklist.

Thanks for this feedback, it's much appreciated :)

Also folks, at FAW's FB page and web shop there's ongoing Black Friday promo:

bf.jpg

Enjoy!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Nov 27, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #4,601 of 4,764
Ordered a short length Noir Hybrid HPC cable with a 4.4mm plug for my Auteur/Verité Closed/LCD3 to use with a Cayin N8 dap I recently acquired.

It took less than a couple of weeks to receive it since completing the order and communication with Matt was excellent during the whole process. It’s not my first Forza order and this is an aspect I feel has improved since my first purchase some years ago.

Quality and craftsmanship is as good as always, you get a very well-made and nice looking cable for a fair price when comparing to other fancy cable builders.

I think this picture sums up my thoughts on Matt’s cables :smiley:

Nov 28, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #4,602 of 4,764
I have many FAW cables and continue to get them in the future. Only thing that I'm not a big fan of is the female 4.4mm connector of my recent 4.4mm Noir hybrid extender cable. It is this weird shaped plastic housing. It 100% works but every time I use the cable it just looks and feels a bit cheap and odd. It is over 400€ cable.

7pXyAzel.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #4,603 of 4,764
That really doesn't appeal much.

Nov 28, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #4,604 of 4,764
Yeah, I wasn't crazy about my Noir Mk2/Noir Hybrid 4.4 mm female to 3.3 male converter cable, despite being advertised as a Pentaconn connection, only having that connector pictured above. It's clearly not the NBC1-14-001 connector from Pentaconn. 4.4 mm, yes, but difficult to say that it would perform as well as the gold-plated copper alloy Pentaconn connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back