Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Mar 18, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #3,976 of 4,760
Hi guys,

Claire Hybrid 5 meters and XLR to 6.3mm extender on the way.
It will replace my stock cable on my new Clear MG. Fingers crossed.

p.jpeg

Mar 18, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #3,977 of 4,760
Hi guys,

Claire Hybrid 5 meters and XLR to 6.3mm extender on the way.

p.jpeg
I ordered a Clair Hybrid as well for my Clear MG, terminated 4.4 balanced as use case will be with my HiBy RS6 DAP. Hoping to receive it soon and that we both have great results with the synergy of Claire Hybrid / Clear MG!

Mar 19, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #3,978 of 4,760
I ordered a Clair Hybrid as well for my Clear MG, terminated 4.4 balanced as use case will be with my HiBy RS6 DAP. Hoping to receive it soon and that we both have great results with the synergy of Claire Hybrid / Clear MG!

You should be very happy, but please let us know here once you have the product :)

My fingers are crossed, that's for sure!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Mar 22, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #3,979 of 4,760
9EE27758-2CA0-49D3-9CBD-737F103A641D.jpeg

I received my Noir yesterday.

I'm taking my time as my cable seems to be changing character a lot over the last 24 hours. Initially, the sound was not how I remembered from my trial at my friend's house (same headphones and equipment). Opera in particular seemed to suffer from some non-linear frequency performance - mainly in the midrange, but generally 'lumpy'. After burning in overnight I am very pleased to say that this problem has disappeared and the magic I remember is returning.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #3,980 of 4,760
Does anybody know what headphone you select from the drop down for Fostex TH900 Mk2? I can’t see it listed in the Forza Audio shop for Noir Hybrid HPC.

I know Sennheiser HD650 use the same 2 pin design but I didn’t think they were compatible with Fostex TH900 Mk2 due to reversed polarity. I can see somebody selling a Claire HPC Mk2 for a Fostex TH900 Mk2 so I’m wondering if this is a special order / I need to email Matt. Thanks.

Mar 25, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #3,981 of 4,760
I received my Noir yesterday.

I'm taking my time as my cable seems to be changing character a lot over the last 24 hours. Initially, the sound was not how I remembered from my trial at my friend's house (same headphones and equipment). Opera in particular seemed to suffer from some non-linear frequency performance - mainly in the midrange, but generally 'lumpy'. After burning in overnight I am very pleased to say that this problem has disappeared and the magic I remember is returning.

It will indeed fluctuate within first 150h, but after that period it should fully settle :)

Does anybody know what headphone you select from the drop down for Fostex TH900 Mk2? I can’t see it listed in the Forza Audio shop for Noir Hybrid HPC.

I know Sennheiser HD650 use the same 2 pin design but I didn’t think they were compatible with Fostex TH900 Mk2 due to reversed polarity. I can see somebody selling a Claire HPC Mk2 for a Fostex TH900 Mk2 so I’m wondering if this is a special order / I need to email Matt. Thanks.

Yep, just send me a quick email and I will process your order through email.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #3,982 of 4,760
How much heavier is the Noir HPC compared to the Claire HPC? It looks so much heavier on pics, but maybe a picture doesn't tell the whole story? :)

I'm planing on mounting a BT dac/amp to a headphone so weight is a bit important :D

Mar 30, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #3,983 of 4,760
How much heavier is the Noir HPC compared to the Claire HPC? It looks so much heavier on pics, but maybe a picture doesn't tell the whole story? :)

They're very similar and both extremely light, so if mass is of importance you'll be pleased :)

I'm planing on mounting a BT dac/amp to a headphone so weight is a bit important :D

Funny you mention that, I've used iFi's GO blu with my Noir cable and was quite pleased with how the entire setup behaved mechanically.

Mar 30, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #3,984 of 4,760

Claire 36 grams without jack, Noir 75 grams without jack. Weights based on 1.5m cables.

Apr 2, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #3,985 of 4,760
Got my Noir HPC for my Sennheiser HD540 Reference Gold, and although it is the Mogami that comes highly recommended in the topic, the FAW is way-way better in every respect.

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #3,987 of 4,760
How long does it usually take to receive a response for a custom request? Maybe the Ukraine promo meant a lot of extra work? :)
I ordered a Claire hybrid for my Focal Clear MG on Ukraine Promo day, 3/6/22 and received it only a bit later than expected, on 3/28/22. It did take several emails to get updates from Matt at Forza but he was ALWAYS friendly, helpful and honest. The end result cable is a pleasure to use. Some patience and persistence is well worth the wait IMO.

Apr 7, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #3,988 of 4,760
I've now owned my Noir cable for a couple of weeks and have allowed the cable plenty of time to burn in. I decided to write my impressions after trying the cable with my LCD 2 headphones.

As a bit of background I had not heard of Forza Audioworks until I visited my friend - we occasionally demo our systems and headphones at each others homes. This time it was my turn to visit him with my setup. I have a Flux VOLOT amplifier, Chord Hugo 2, Mscaler, Innuos Server with good quality power cables and interconnects. I took my HD800, Hifiman Sundara, Modded HD650 headphones. My friend has an amazing set of equipment - too much to mention all of it but including ZMF, Audeze, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic headphones, Chord Hugo TT2, Mscaler, IFI iCan Pro, Violectric V550, Metrum DAC, Benchmark DAC plus many many others. I always say it's better visiting him than our local hifi shop 😂

After a morning trying my headphones with a couple of his setups I asked him to say which was his preferred Headphone and Source setup - he mentioned that he loved his ZMF closed back headphones with the Forza Noir cable. I listened to them and was very impressed with the depth in the sound but felt they were too tonally dark for my tastes. We then moved onto my setup and I demoed a few headphones before stumbling onto a magic combination...

My friend had a pair of LCD 2 rev 2 headphones that we both decided to purchase many many years ago. I had sold mine but he had kept his set. I tried them with my VOLOT and was impressed. He then suggested that I tried the Forza Noir cable he had on his ZMF headphones. I can only describe the result as audio magic. The LCD headphones were sounding great with the original cable but the addition of the Forza Noir lifted them in so many ways. We agreed that my setup together with his LCD headphones and the Noir cable was the highlight of our demo session and the best that my setup has ever sounded. I ordered a Noir cable while I was still at his house.

When my cable arrived a few weeks ago I was a bit surprised to find the sound to be compressed and 'clunky' (see previous post in this forum). I am delighted to say that after many hours of use the audio magic is back. One of the things that stands out is that the noir brings the music to life musically. Other cables (custom cables, ZMF cable) offer slightly different tonal characteristics and sound fine, but swapping to the Noir is musical. I'm currently listening to the 2021 remix of Let it Be by The Beatles and my feet have a life of their own. I'm very grateful to my friend for giving me his LCD 2 (I'd sold my one a few years ago) and for his suggestion of trying the noir cable. With my system it elevates the music. He says that it does something similar for his ZMF headphones too which is why he wouldn't lend me his cable 😂

Honest impressions. Feeling extremely positive about the Forza Audioworks Noir cable.

Apr 9, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #3,989 of 4,760
Got my Noir HPC for my Sennheiser HD540 Reference Gold, and although it is the Mogami that comes highly recommended in the topic, the FAW is way-way better in every respect.

Thanks! :beerchug:

How long does it usually take to receive a response for a custom request? Maybe the Ukraine promo meant a lot of extra work? :)

I do my best to reply on a daily basis, but if you don't hear from me within say 48 hours, please resend your mail. I've been getting a lot of them :)

I ordered a Claire hybrid for my Focal Clear MG on Ukraine Promo day, 3/6/22 and received it only a bit later than expected, on 3/28/22. It did take several emails to get updates from Matt at Forza but he was ALWAYS friendly, helpful and honest. The end result cable is a pleasure to use. Some patience and persistence is well worth the wait IMO.

Thank you and indeed at times comms get a bit wonky due to work load, but eventually I try doing my best to please every customer :)

I've now owned my Noir cable for a couple of weeks and have allowed the cable plenty of time to burn in. I decided to write my impressions after trying the cable with my LCD 2 headphones.

As a bit of background I had not heard of Forza Audioworks until I visited my friend - we occasionally demo our systems and headphones at each others homes. This time it was my turn to visit him with my setup. I have a Flux VOLOT amplifier, Chord Hugo 2, Mscaler, Innuos Server with good quality power cables and interconnects. I took my HD800, Hifiman Sundara, Modded HD650 headphones. My friend has an amazing set of equipment - too much to mention all of it but including ZMF, Audeze, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic headphones, Chord Hugo TT2, Mscaler, IFI iCan Pro, Violectric V550, Metrum DAC, Benchmark DAC plus many many others. I always say it's better visiting him than our local hifi shop 😂

After a morning trying my headphones with a couple of his setups I asked him to say which was his preferred Headphone and Source setup - he mentioned that he loved his ZMF closed back headphones with the Forza Noir cable. I listened to them and was very impressed with the depth in the sound but felt they were too tonally dark for my tastes. We then moved onto my setup and I demoed a few headphones before stumbling onto a magic combination...

My friend had a pair of LCD 2 rev 2 headphones that we both decided to purchase many many years ago. I had sold mine but he had kept his set. I tried them with my VOLOT and was impressed. He then suggested that I tried the Forza Noir cable he had on his ZMF headphones. I can only describe the result as audio magic. The LCD headphones were sounding great with the original cable but the addition of the Forza Noir lifted them in so many ways. We agreed that my setup together with his LCD headphones and the Noir cable was the highlight of our demo session and the best that my setup has ever sounded. I ordered a Noir cable while I was still at his house.

When my cable arrived a few weeks ago I was a bit surprised to find the sound to be compressed and 'clunky' (see previous post in this forum). I am delighted to say that after many hours of use the audio magic is back. One of the things that stands out is that the noir brings the music to life musically. Other cables (custom cables, ZMF cable) offer slightly different tonal characteristics and sound fine, but swapping to the Noir is musical. I'm currently listening to the 2021 remix of Let it Be by The Beatles and my feet have a life of their own. I'm very grateful to my friend for giving me his LCD 2 (I'd sold my one a few years ago) and for his suggestion of trying the noir cable. With my system it elevates the music. He says that it does something similar for his ZMF headphones too which is why he wouldn't lend me his cable 😂

Honest impressions. Feeling extremely positive about the Forza Audioworks Noir cable.

Thanks a ton for this feedback. I always say that my cables need some time to settle in, but hearing this from a customer is always far better. May your Noir serve you well and once again thanks for your feedback :beerchug:

Apr 16, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #3,990 of 4,760

agreed. currently enjoying my noir alot with my new verite closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back