Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
May 6, 2022 at 4:11 AM Post #4,006 of 4,769
Hi, based on your experience is better Furutech or ViaBlue 6.3mm jack? Furutech looks pretty solid over ViaBlue.

Thanks for asking. Although ViaBLue is great, Furutech would still be my primary choice.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
May 6, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #4,007 of 4,769
Can somebody tell me why I got TS cable and not a balanced(TRS) when choosing Arya/Ananda??

Edit: the stock Arya is balanced/trs

Attachments

• 93B381CC-6833-4ECB-B1FF-060B06E50653.jpeg
    93B381CC-6833-4ECB-B1FF-060B06E50653.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
May 6, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #4,008 of 4,769
Guess this is due to the simplicity.
The "r" is useless, ime.

Same as on Denon, Focal, Beyerdynamic headphones.
Even on my Quads, a TS would be sufficient.

Comes down to the wiring, which is mostly
Tip is "+"
Ring and/or sleeve is "-"
on the vast majority of trs plugs on the headphone side.

May 7, 2022 at 2:29 AM Post #4,009 of 4,769
Im not in doubt of the beautiful quality on the cable. But just wondering. So maybe TRS is only when 4.4mm termination is used?

I only ask because I was confused about the grounding on trs vs ts. If Arya is not a balanced headphone it really doesnt matter I guess

Sound observation:
I noticed something strange comparing the stock Arya cable.

Stock cable sounds more full and centered.

ForzaAudio(claire mk2) sounds more seperated/spacious.

@Matez it is really a beautiful craftsmanship. Thank you also for your great service and support.

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #4,010 of 4,769
Im not in doubt of the beautiful quality on the cable. But just wondering. So maybe TRS is only when 4.4mm termination is used?

I only ask because I was confused about the grounding on trs vs ts. If Arya is not a balanced headphone it really doesnt matter I guess

Sound observation:
I noticed something strange comparing the stock Arya cable.

Stock cable sounds more full and centered.

ForzaAudio(claire mk2) sounds more seperated/spacious.

@Matez it is really a beautiful craftsmanship. Thank you also for your great service and support.
Headphones are not intrinsically balanced or unbalanced. If your amplifier has balanced circuitry you want to use a balanced cable terminated with the correct input plug for your amp. XLR or 4.4 mm. are common examples. Many amps have both balanced and unbalanced (single ended) options , and whether balanced is preferable is a matter of some debate and probably depends upon the specific implementation IMO. I do prefer balanced or DAPS as they generally offer more power output, less convinced with desktop amps.

May 7, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #4,011 of 4,769
Headphones are not intrinsically balanced or unbalanced. If your amplifier has balanced circuitry you want to use a balanced cable terminated with the correct input plug for your amp. XLR or 4.4 mm. are common examples. Many amps have both balanced and unbalanced (single ended) options , and whether balanced is preferable is a matter of some debate and probably depends upon the specific implementation IMO. I do prefer balanced or DAPS as they generally offer more power output, less convinced with desktop amps.
So when you say balanced you are referring to 4.4mm/XLR and not 6.3mm jack right?

I preferre the 6.3 Single ended output on my Diablo. Sound much more relaxed, and mature. 4.4mm is too tight/stressed

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #4,012 of 4,769
So when you say balanced you are referring to 4.4mm/XLR and not 6.3mm jack right?

I preferre the 6.3 Single ended output on my Diablo. Sound much more relaxed, and mature. 4.4mm is too tight/stressed
Yes, you are correct, 6.3 mm terminated cables are not for balanced jacks.

May 7, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #4,013 of 4,769
Yes, you are correct, 6.3 mm terminated cables are not for balanced jacks.
So this actually means that there are no difference between TS and TRS, connectors on the Headphone L and R, when the termination is a 6.3mm Jack?

May 7, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #4,014 of 4,769
So this actually means that there are no difference between TS and TRS, connectors on the Headphone L and R, when the termination is a 6.3mm Jack?
Headphone connectors left / right do not affect whether the cable is balanced, only that which connects to the amp. So if that is your question, yes sir, you are correct.

May 7, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #4,015 of 4,769
Headphone connectors left / right do not affect whether the cable is balanced, only that which connects to the amp. So if that is your question, yes sir, you are correct.
Thanks for a clear answer. You actually have a good explanation method/skill. Not everybody can simplify it like that. Im not joking. Thanks👍🙌

May 10, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #4,017 of 4,769
Hi, based on your experience is better Furutech or ViaBlue 6.3mm jack? Furutech looks pretty solid over ViaBlue.
If you can afford it, choose Furutech. I just ordered a cable with Viablue, and I like it so far. To my surprise I can actually hear the difference between the stock(arya v2) cable. Overall I just like the spacious sound of Forzaaudioworks. Stock cable still solid and good, but it sounds more centered/mono/full.

May 10, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #4,018 of 4,769
I have kind of taken it for granted how natural and sweet sounding my headphones are with Forza cables. All 4 of my headphones are with Noir Hybrid HPC and Noir HPC Mk2. There is a Claire Hybrid HPC as spare.

I've spend on tubes and amps but with headphone cables, I'm just content with Forza cables. Something in my head tells me it's more than good enough and there's no need to seek better.

Here are 2 of the headphones with Forza cables.

IMG_4063.jpg

May 10, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #4,019 of 4,769
I have kind of taken it for granted how natural and sweet sounding my headphones are with Forza cables. All 4 of my headphones are with Noir Hybrid HPC and Noir HPC Mk2. There is a Claire Hybrid HPC as spare.

I've spend on tubes and amps but with headphone cables, I'm just content with Forza cables. Something in my head tells me it's more than good enough and there's no need to seek better.

Here are 2 of the headphones with Forza cables.

IMG_4063.jpg
Nice! Noir Hybrid HPC is gonna be my pick too.

May 10, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #4,020 of 4,769
Thank you for your reply. Now it is up to me to choose between HPC and Hybrid HPC for ZMF VC.

With the ZMF VC, it depends on what you want the cables to add to.

Noir HPC Mk2 is copper, so it's naturally slightly warmer and more full bodied.

Noir Hybrid HPC is silver/copper so it's less warm than the Noir HPC Mk2, great clarity and dynamics.

I have both Noir Hybrid HPC and Noir HPC Mk2 for my HiFiMan's He1000se and He6se V2. With the He1000se, I kind of prefer the warmer Noir HPC Mk2 but it's also great with the more transparent Noir Hybrid HPC where the clarity is astounding and yet not fatiguing.

In reality though, both cables differences are not night and day. Just slight degree of differences in warmth and clarity. I have stopped comparing cables because comparing tubes and amps is already driving me nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back