Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #3,181 of 4,760
Has anyone compared the NOIR MK2 to Zach's ZMF 2K cable? I'm looking for an upgrade for my Stellias. I just want a little more laid back tonality with increased detail which I know is what the 2K cable brings but I'm unfamiliar with Forza. Seems like their prices are very competitive!

Can't help you with that, but perhaps others in this thread can :)

If you look at Matez's website, the noir hybrid hpc is his highest range cable and for the verite closed, you should go for that. That cable has more sparkle due to the silver/copper mix - according to the website and verite closed has a warmish tone so that should be a good combination.

I would say so, yes.

Just took this picture on the 26th Dec 2020. Bought these cables from you in 2017 and I've loved them since. Flexible, sound better than stock cables and my ears aren't deceiving me and my son confirm that of his Noir Hybrid HPC cable for his Arya. Lovely cables. Thanks !

Sure, you're welcome :) Can I please use your post on my FB wall? That's a great shot that shows just the right stuff :)

Noir Hybrid is indeed a superb choice for the HE-1000SE.

If HE-1000SE is roughly in te ballpark of HE-1000v2 (...which I know well), then hybrid gets my vote.

Last edited:
Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jan 6, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #3,182 of 4,760
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a replacment cable for my HD800 (the original cable starts to deteriorate) and would like to get another Forza Audioworks product, as I am very sattisfied with my Noir HPC MK2 for my Denon 9200.
I am using my HD800 only with EQ for gaming and some light music listening, so a cheaper cable that doesn't sound worse than the original cable would be fine for me.
Which series would you recommend?

Jan 7, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #3,187 of 4,760
Hey folks, just wanted to do a super-quick review of the HPC MK2 - Turnover has been really quick, from order to arrival it's merely been four weeks.

The Packaging has been pretty neat; the cable is in delivered in a cotton pouch with the FAW logo printed on. High-Quality print-job on the pouch.

The Cable looks stunningly good in RL, pictures won't really do it any justice.
I've picked the transparent-black sleeving for the cable.

Ergonomically speaking, it won't ever tangle and Microphonics are on a below-average level.
I LOVE the heatshrinking-job widely used, as it effectively keeps my gear from being scratched.

Onto the sound - the HPC2 is an 26 AWG UPOCC 7N cable, thus it does deliver on the sonic front.
FWIW, I already bought cables from ALO, Norne, Cardas and Corpse in different configurations and applications.
Sadly I do not have either one in 4.4mm pentacon; that certainly would be a nice test.

The HPC 2 works like a charm with my Sennheiser HD 600; any additional treble energy like with hybrid-silver, pure silver or tri-metallic cables may not be desirable in that specific use-case;
hence settling for Pure Copper.

I can wholeheartedly attest to the skill and confidence of Matez and his crew; I'm sure you won't be disappointed. To me, they do belong to the very best.
20210107_114922.jpg

Jan 8, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #3,190 of 4,760
Hi Guys,

This is my first post ever on head-fi so I hope i'm doing it good.
I've been reading the head-fi pages for many years but never posted sommething because I did need to learn alot about the audiophile world.

I'm here to tell you my impressions about the forza audioworks Noir Hybrid HPC cable.
My newest headphone is the Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed.
The standard cable that came with it was good quality but it was stiff and microphonic.

This was actually the third cable I bought from Forza Audioworks.
So I knew what quality to expect. As always the cable build is superbly wel braided and looks verry nice.
The sound in my opinion opened up a little bit against the original cable and the micro details were even more audible.
Microphonics were also significantly less than the original cable.
And what was also very important to me is the flexibility of the cable.
The original cable was verry stiff. The FAW is so flexible you wouldn't believe that such a huge cable can bent like this.

The communication with Matt was great as always. He will answer all your questions and will always help you further.
So thanks Matt.

I wanted to put some pictures here but for some reason I can't upload the pictures. There should be an upload file button but I can't find it sorry.

Jan 8, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #3,191 of 4,760
Excellent first post @Johan VD . Forza cables are indeed very flexible and I love all the 3 varieties that I have. I have the Noir Hybrid HPC coming for my Hekse and I can't wait to discard the stock cables that came with the Hekse.

I think you can only post pictures after about 30 posts.

Jan 8, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #3,192 of 4,760
Hey folks, just wanted to do a super-quick review of the HPC MK2 - Turnover has been really quick, from order to arrival it's merely been four weeks.

The Packaging has been pretty neat; the cable is in delivered in a cotton pouch with the FAW logo printed on. High-Quality print-job on the pouch.

The Cable looks stunningly good in RL, pictures won't really do it any justice.
I've picked the transparent-black sleeving for the cable.

Ergonomically speaking, it won't ever tangle and Microphonics are on a below-average level.
I LOVE the heatshrinking-job widely used, as it effectively keeps my gear from being scratched.

Onto the sound - the HPC2 is an 26 AWG UPOCC 7N cable, thus it does deliver on the sonic front.
FWIW, I already bought cables from ALO, Norne, Cardas and Corpse in different configurations and applications.
Sadly I do not have either one in 4.4mm pentacon; that certainly would be a nice test.

The HPC 2 works like a charm with my Sennheiser HD 600; any additional treble energy like with hybrid-silver, pure silver or tri-metallic cables may not be desirable in that specific use-case;
hence settling for Pure Copper.

I can wholeheartedly attest to the skill and confidence of Matez and his crew; I'm sure you won't be disappointed. To me, they do belong to the very best.20210107_114922.jpg

Awesome! Can I share this on my FB please?

While I'm sure that's true, I don't think that's the main reason for the delay. It seems that he's just had to do a lot of waiting around.

As much as I'd like to have control over everything, with some minor things I have to wait for others and that's what's been stopping me for a while. The Covid situation didn't help either. Realistically this product was scheduled to launch around Oct/Nov 2020.

Hi Guys,

This is my first post ever on head-fi so I hope i'm doing it good.
I've been reading the head-fi pages for many years but never posted sommething because I did need to learn alot about the audiophile world.

I'm here to tell you my impressions about the forza audioworks Noir Hybrid HPC cable.
My newest headphone is the Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed.
The standard cable that came with it was good quality but it was stiff and microphonic.

This was actually the third cable I bought from Forza Audioworks.
So I knew what quality to expect. As always the cable build is superbly wel braided and looks verry nice.
The sound in my opinion opened up a little bit against the original cable and the micro details were even more audible.
Microphonics were also significantly less than the original cable.
And what was also very important to me is the flexibility of the cable.
The original cable was verry stiff. The FAW is so flexible you wouldn't believe that such a huge cable can bent like this.

The communication with Matt was great as always. He will answer all your questions and will always help you further.
So thanks Matt.

I wanted to put some pictures here but for some reason I can't upload the pictures. There should be an upload file button but I can't find it sorry.

Thanks a lot @Johan VD :)

Forza cables are indeed very flexible and I love all the 3 varieties that I have. I have the Noir Hybrid HPC coming for my Hekse and I can't wait to discard the stock cables that came with the Hekse.

:beerchug:

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 11, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #3,193 of 4,760
I have ordered Claire Hybrid and ‘vanilla’ Hybrid for a set of Meze 99 Classics. I plan to use XLR terminated with Schiit Magnius and 4.4mm terminated with a variety of DAPs including iBasso DX200/Amp8. I look forward to the experience whenever the cables arrive. If all goes well then I’ll consider FAW for IEMs I have.

Jan 11, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #3,194 of 4,760
Look what I’ve got coming:

1EEBF001-8FBC-498D-ACA3-68EF28F6BFA3.jpeg

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #3,195 of 4,760
I have ordered Claire Hybrid and ‘vanilla’ Hybrid for a set of Meze 99 Classics. I plan to use XLR terminated with Schiit Magnius and 4.4mm terminated with a variety of DAPs including iBasso DX200/Amp8. I look forward to the experience whenever the cables arrive. If all goes well then I’ll consider FAW for IEMs I have.

Please leave some feedback here once you have the goods :)

Look what I’ve got coming:

1EEBF001-8FBC-498D-ACA3-68EF28F6BFA3.jpeg

Yup, and they're en route to your place :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back