Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Sep 15, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #3,031 of 4,764
Reporting back with my impressions since I recently ordered this cable:

Hybrid Series HPC - Cable : Octa hybrid semi-Litz UPOCC Cryo 7N wire, Headphones : Sennheiser HD580/HD600/HD650/HD6XX/HD58X, Insulation : Transparent, Length : 3 m, Plug : Neutrik 4-pin XLR balanced (male)

Ordered Sept 2, received shipment tracking on September 13, and took delivery on the 14th I believe. The period between the 2nd and 13th seemed like forever, but suffice it to say they were worth the wait...

Easily my favorite audio cable (note: I also own the ZMF Lektrik S 4 pin XLR for the ZMF Verite Closed). Nothing to complain about for the craftsmanship. I was changing from the stock unbalanced cable on my HD650 to the 4 pin Neutrik XLR plugged into the Mjolnir2. As for how they sound, well, there's no 'control' since I didn't already own a balanced cable to compare. Also, the internets say cables don't matter. All I know is the HD650 went from sounding good to sounding AMAZING. That is all...

Sep 16, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #3,032 of 4,764
Reporting back with my impressions since I recently ordered this cable:

Hybrid Series HPC - Cable : Octa hybrid semi-Litz UPOCC Cryo 7N wire, Headphones : Sennheiser HD580/HD600/HD650/HD6XX/HD58X, Insulation : Transparent, Length : 3 m, Plug : Neutrik 4-pin XLR balanced (male)

Ordered Sept 2, received shipment tracking on September 13, and took delivery on the 14th I believe. The period between the 2nd and 13th seemed like forever, but suffice it to say they were worth the wait...

Easily my favorite audio cable (note: I also own the ZMF Lektrik S 4 pin XLR for the ZMF Verite Closed). Nothing to complain about for the craftsmanship. I was changing from the stock unbalanced cable on my HD650 to the 4 pin Neutrik XLR plugged into the Mjolnir2. As for how they sound, well, there's no 'control' since I didn't already own a balanced cable to compare. Also, the internets say cables don't matter. All I know is the HD650 went from sounding good to sounding AMAZING. That is all...

Thanks a ton! Folks on my FB need to see this!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Sep 17, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #3,034 of 4,764
So when are we hearing about this new product? :)

Sep 18, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #3,035 of 4,764
Thanks Matt! Order 9/4 got it 9/14!
That´s okay! Maybe Info about shipping must be faster!

Yes, that's true, at times people get their packages faster than tracking numbers:)

So when are we hearing about this new product? :)

Soon, as in: this year most likely. One thing I know already is that this new stuff won't be cheap.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 18, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #3,036 of 4,764
Sounds like an all silver cable to me. :)

Sadly, the cables i've ordered from FAW, which are a short Claire Hybrid and a 10ft Noir Hybrid, do fit all my other headphones as well. ^^
Good for me, but bad for Matt and the buying virus. :dt880smile:

2 for all
D7200 w Clair Hybrid.JPG

SEM5 w Claire Hybrid.JPG

D7200 w Noir Hybrid.JPG
Quad w Noir Hybrid.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #3,038 of 4,764
Just ordered the Noir balanced to go with the Stellias and to see what all the fuss is about. Hope I’m not disappointed!

Which version... Noir Hybrid HPC or the Noir HPC Mk2

I have tried my Stellia with a pure silver cable and found it a little too bright on some tracks. Same cable is awesome on my HEKSE.

I am waiting for a Noir Hybrid HPC for my Stellia's and I have a feeling it will be a much better match for them :)

Sep 21, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #3,039 of 4,764
Which version... Noir Hybrid HPC or the Noir HPC Mk2

I have tried my Stellia with a pure silver cable and found it a little too bright on some tracks. Same cable is awesome on my HEKSE.

I am waiting for a Noir Hybrid HPC for my Stellia's and I have a feeling it will be a much better match for them :)
Same as you - the Noir Hybrid. We could compare notes down the road....

Sep 21, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #3,040 of 4,764
Sadly, the cables i've ordered from FAW, which are a short Claire Hybrid and a 10ft Noir Hybrid, do fit all my other headphones as well. ^^
Good for me, but bad for Matt and the buying virus. :dt880smile:

I can live with that :D

Can I put your photos on my FB please?

Yes, this makes sense considering how these cans sound like. HEKv1/v2 and Susvara worked better with my hybrid.

Sep 21, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #3,041 of 4,764
I can live with that :D

Can I put your photos on my FB please?

Yes, this makes sense considering how these cans sound like. HEKv1/v2 and Susvara worked better with my hybrid.
For sure.
Feel free to. :)

Sep 25, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #3,043 of 4,764
Matt @FAW is a superstar... My cable went missing in transit and he has managed to track it down, have it returned to him, he has checked it over and repackaged it and resent it to me...

Now that is dedication to his customers :D

FAW are always going to be at the top of my list for custom cables for my headphones :)

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #3,044 of 4,764
Reporting back my impressions, I bought this cable to pair my HD6XX with the iFi Zen Dac.

"Copper Series HPC Mk2 - Cable : Quad copper Litz UPOCC Cryo 7N wire, Headphones : Sennheiser HD580/HD600/HD650/HD6XX/HD58X, Insulation : Semi-transparent black, Length : 2 m, Plug : Sony 4.4mm TRRRS Balanced"

I have nothing to complain about, the cable is light and thin which I like, no issues and this setup is giving me more headroom from the iFi Zen Dac which is the main effect I wanted. Earlier I was thinking about getting the Zen Can but now I probably won't, I feel I have enough of headroom.

Soundwise (except from the increased headroom) it's more difficult to say but perhaps slightly more detailed/brighter and punchy right now but very tiny subtle differences. Also it's nice not having to use an adapter any longer for the SE cable included with the HD6XX.

Only negative thing would be price I guess (lots of money for a cable together with a budget amp/dac like the iFi Zen Dac) but in the same way you get quality from Forza Audio Works. All together maybe it saved me money since now I get more power from the iFi Zen Dac and not having to buy the Zen Can (or another amp).

(If I buy another amp then it's more of curiosity, fun trying gear but it's not necessary now I would say.)

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #3,045 of 4,764
I've recently received my Noir Hybrid HPC cable terminated with the Sony 4.4mm TRRRS connector for my Sennheiser HD820's. The cables arrived exactly 2 weeks after ordering, which I don't think was too bad a waiting time - as mentioned in a previous post there was a small delay due to a cable sleeving issue when making the cable. The main reason for the purchase was to change to a shorter cable since the standard one is much longer than I need.

The first thing I noticed was that the cable was thinner and lighter than I was expecting, which is a pleasant surprise, since my previous Toxic Cables cable was thicker and heavier and so made it a bit more noticeable when wearing the headphones. The 4.4mm plug is also a bit harder to insert and pull out of the socket on the amp, when compared with other cables I have.

After listening to the standard cable for a few songs and then swapping over to the FAW cable to listen to the same songs again, I noticed the bass had a bit more 'slam' and some details were a bit more noticeable in certain songs, such as some background vocals or hi-hat. I also think the cable sounded a bit smoother than the stock cable, so in some songs where it was close to sounding bright, using the FAW cable calmed things down a little bit.

Overall I'm very happy with the cable and glad I purchased it.

DSC_0513_small.jpg

DSC_0514_small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back