Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
May 9, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #2,851 of 4,778
Another great job by Matt & crew, just received my Claire Hybrid for my Elegias, and a Copper Series for my B&W P7. Great to work with and great quality. These two join my Hybrid IEM series I have for my SE846.

Thanks! Lookin' good! Can I share your photos on my FB wall please?

I was leaning toward the Hybrid just based on the materials used so thanks for the rec.

With Empyreans I'd go with Hybrid as well. What setup you'll be using with these cans if I may ask?

But still prefer Hybrid with warmer headphones like Audeze LCD-3 and LCD-2

Yes, that's to my taste as well. Even though it's been a while since I auditioned LCD-2, Hybrid would open them up nicely. The LCD-2.2 I had was stuffy!

Last edited:
Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
May 9, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #2,852 of 4,778
May 9, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #2,853 of 4,778
Yes, that's to my taste as well. Even though it's been a while since I auditioned LCD-2, Hybrid would open them up nicely. The LCD-2.2 I had was stuffy!
But for example for Audeze LCD 2 Closed I like even Noir MK II, but for LCD-3 or older LCD 2.2 it was too much, there the Hybrid is much more better.

May 9, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #2,854 of 4,778
With Empyreans I'd go with Hybrid as well. What setup you'll be using with these cans if I may ask?

For the time being i'll just be using an iFi Hip Dac which is why i'm looking for a Hybrid 4.4mm cable in 1.5m.

My original plan was to buy a short cable for portable use. Then buy a long pigtail extension in the same cable to plug into a full size amp/dac.

I'm looking at a Questyle CMA Twelve or a Hugo TT but with all the Covid stuff going on it may be a few months before I purchase.

May 14, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #2,855 of 4,778
Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 20, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #2,858 of 4,778
Hi Guys!

I have an Denon 9200 headphone and would like to get a new cable, as the stock one is a bit too long. Would you recommend a Hybrid Series Cable or Pure Copper for my headphone? The stock cable has a silver coating and I am using a Cocktail Audio HA500H DAC+Hybrid AMP.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #2,859 of 4,778
Hi Guys!

I have an Denon 9200 headphone and would like to get a new cable, as the stock one is a bit too long. Would you recommend a Hybrid Series Cable or Pure Copper for my headphone? The stock cable has a silver coating and I am using a Cocktail Audio HA500H DAC+Hybrid AMP.

I would recommend Hybrid for pretty much everything that isn't very thin sounding, brittle and sharp, so most likely your cans too. Is there anything in particular you'd like to change in how your Denons sound like?

May 21, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #2,860 of 4,778
I would recommend Hybrid for pretty much everything that isn't very thin sounding, brittle and sharp, so most likely your cans too. Is there anything in particular you'd like to change in how your Denons sound like?
I would like them to be just a tad less "peaky" in the highs, that's prerty much my only complaint about how they sound now. Some guys recommended a pure copper cable to counter this, has this any drawback compared to a silver plated one?

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #2,861 of 4,778
I would like them to be just a tad less "peaky" in the highs, that's prerty much my only complaint about how they sound now. Some guys recommended a pure copper cable to counter this, has this any drawback compared to a silver plated one?
I had a similar issue with Ultrasone Edition 5 and the Noir Hybrid was too peaky. Then I got the Noir MKII and it nicely tamed the highs and I am very happy with it. I don't think there is that much of a trade off and the most important thing is it will make your listening experience more pleasent.

May 21, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #2,862 of 4,778
I had a similar issue with Ultrasone Edition 5 and the Noir Hybrid was too peaky. Then I got the Noir MKII and it nicely tamed the highs and I am very happy with it. I don't think there is that much of a trade off and the most important thing is it will make your listening experience more pleasent.
i have same headphone L.E. with hardwired claire. awesome!!!

May 21, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #2,863 of 4,778
With Ultrasone Edition 5 it is different story and I agree it is better to hardwire it the MMCX connectors are just pure evil :)
But I would go the extra mile to Noir MKII, it is worth it :)

May 22, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #2,864 of 4,778

Thanks!

Some guys recommended a pure copper cable to counter this, has this any drawback compared to a silver plated one?

In your case copper makes sense. Each cable has some drawbacks, but the goal is to have as little of them as possible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back