Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Mar 28, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #2,761 of 4,764
If you can justify the difference for yourself, going with the Noir Hybrid would be the best decision. :wink:
The Noir Hybrid is the most flexible one bc of its kimber braiding style.

Or you could ask @Matez about a Claire Hybrid with the same braiding. :)

20200328_210455.jpg
Claire Hybrid HPC with 3d braiding semi transparent black and Noir Hybrid HPC.
Thanks for the photo.
Which are the improvements on sound of Noir Hybrid over Claire Hybrid?

Mar 29, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #2,762 of 4,764
My brand new Audeze LCD-X should be arriving tomorrow and I've been on the hunt for a balanced 4.4mm cable to go with my Fiio M11. Been reading a lot about Forza now but still can't seem to make up my mind if the Noir Hybrid HPC will be the right choice. Having read lots of feedback comparing the Moon Audio Silver and Black cables, I worry a bit about making the wrong decision. Moon Audio is too expensive for me and I really do prefer the looks of the Forza cables. Does anybody have any experience with both the Noir Hybrid HPC and Noir HPC Mk2 on a pair of the LCD-Xs??? I'm leaning towards the Noir Hybrid.
If you're gonna pair the Audeze LCD-X directly with the M11, I'm afraid you will be disappointed. Despite what Audeze tells you the LCD-X need an external amp to really shine. I always use them in conjunction with a Mojo when I listen to my M11 or my iPod touch 6.

Mar 29, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #2,763 of 4,764
If you're gonna pair the Audeze LCD-X directly with the M11, I'm afraid you will be disappointed. Despite what Audeze tells you the LCD-X need an external amp to really shine. I always use them in conjunction with a Mojo when I listen to my M11 or my iPod touch 6.
well, that's a bummer :frowning2: I do have a Oppo Ha-1 and Ha-2 but was hoping for a simpler solution.

Mar 29, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #2,764 of 4,764
Just out of curiosity... do you have first hand experience with this combo? I plan on using the 4.4mm balanced jack and based on the specs of both the LCD-X and the output section of the M11 this combo should be more than sufficient.

Mar 29, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #2,765 of 4,764
Just out of curiosity... do you have first hand experience with this combo? I plan on using the 4.4mm balanced jack and based on the specs of both the LCD-X and the output section of the M11 this combo should be more than sufficient.
Yes, I own both the LCD-X and the M11. I haven't tried the LCD-X with a balanced cable, as I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a custom cable. With the LCD-X I have come to realize the meaning of the law of diminishing returns. I paid 1600$ (the MSRP in my country) and although they outshine my cheaper cans they are not that much of an upgrade to justify the prize.

Mar 29, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #2,766 of 4,764
Yes, I own both the LCD-X and the M11. I haven't tried the LCD-X with a balanced cable, as I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a custom cable. With the LCD-X I have come to realize the meaning of the law of diminishing returns. I paid 1600$ (the MSRP in my country) and although they outshine my cheaper cans they are not that much of an upgrade to justify the prize.
Thanks for the feedback! I hope I'm going for the right combo with the forza 4.4mm cable, LCD-X, and M11. Not that the LCD-X is a portable headphone, but that's what I'm going for, something less restricting within my house. Fingers crossed. Worst case scenario, I'l be back in my office stuck with the Oppo-HA1.

Mar 29, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #2,767 of 4,764
Thanks for the feedback! I hope I'm going for the right combo with the forza 4.4mm cable, LCD-X, and M11. Not that the LCD-X is a portable headphone, but that's what I'm going for, something less restricting within my house. Fingers crossed. Worst case scenario, I'l be back in my office stuck with the Oppo-HA1.
Not a bad case at all. :) :)
Nice Dac/amp.

Mar 29, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #2,768 of 4,764
Thanks for the photo.
Which are the improvements on sound of Noir Hybrid over Claire Hybrid?
After a in deep listening session there, for me, is no difference in sound.
Both sounds the same, at least because it's the same cable they're build from.
Sound differences should only be noticeable with bad soldering, i think.

You can go for the Claire Hybrid thrustworthy, imo.
As i said, maybe Matez can build a Claire Hybrid with the same braiding used for the Noir. :)

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #2,770 of 4,764
I have settled with the Claire as the sweet spot.
Used to have Noir but I can't hear a noticeable difference BUT the Noir is better quality with better handling and aesthetic.
Right.
The Claire Hybrid is a hugh step from the oem cable of my Era-1.
The Noir hybrid is more flexible and falls on my chest like silk. ^^
It's much more comfortable than the claire with high-end feeling.

Mar 30, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #2,771 of 4,764
Right.
The Claire Hybrid is a hugh step from the oem cable of my Era-1.
The Noir hybrid is more flexible and falls on my chest like silk. ^^
It's much more comfortable than the claire with high-end feeling.
Thanks to all, what's clear is going for hybrid and let Cooper only for history. I would think about the +50€ of Noir over Claire is worth

Mar 31, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #2,772 of 4,764
I received my hybrid IEM 4.4 MMCX cable yesterday. Just what I needed for this current enforced lockdown (a free trial of communism) we are experiencing in the UK.
So, my impressions...
Emailed FAW for advice. Matt replied with good advice.
Made order based on advice.
Communication is not swift but I didn't expect it to be.
Received cable 14 days from order. I'm well happy with that for a custom made cable delivered to the UK from Poland during a pandemic.
The cable itself is extremely well made, it's robust but yet feels so much more comfortable than the Moon Audio silver dragon cable is was previously using.
Soundwise, too early to review properly as very little burn in so far. But even initially has much more warmth than my MA cable; sounds open, airy, detailed and eliminates harshness, fatigue and sibilance that I experienced with the MA cable.

Overall, extremely happy and would definitely recommend FAW to anyone. Well done Matt!

Mar 31, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #2,774 of 4,764
Apr 1, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #2,775 of 4,764
Perhaps someone can help me. Are the 3.5 mm terminations for Hifiman compatible with the 3.5 mm for Focal? Is there an issue if one is mono and one is TRS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back