Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
May 15, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #1,891 of 4,778
One benefit of insomnia is that you find you have the time to read this very very long thread in it's entirety in just one late night sitting & on the back of what I've read I took the plunge at 5.10am this morning and ordered a Forza balanced hybrid iem cable. I then went to bed

I'm quite excited

You surely know what to do with free time :)

Thanks!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
May 15, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #1,892 of 4,778
You surely know what to do with free time :)

Thanks!

Normal sleep patterns would save me a lot of money :frowning2: , speaking of which I would have added a female usb to micro B adaptor for use with my AK70 mkii & my soon to arrive iFi idsd micro BL (waiting on iFi for new stock to arrive in the UK) to my order if I'd seen them on your website as they look pretty sexy. Alas, I didn't browse your facebook page until last night , so didn't know they were in your portfolio.

Still, can't wait for your iem cable to arrive (It's not overdue postage wise), as whilst the oem Sennheiser cables on my IE80S iem's was good, the fiio rc-ie8b balanced cable I'm currently using has opened my ears to the joy of balanced output, but as a conduit it's not very good and very very bright

May 16, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #1,893 of 4,778
I ordered a headphone cable on new years day. After over month without any communication from Forza... website, email and Facebook, I had to claim off Paypal.

May 17, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #1,895 of 4,778
I ordered a headphone cable on new years day. After over month without any communication from Forza... website, email and Facebook, I had to claim off Paypal.

Apologies that you had to go through this. The fault is all mine. Early 2018 was exceptionally rough for me and by business. I became a father then. Please write to me again at: matthew@forzaaudioworks.com

...and we'll figure something out. Something nice for you.

Cheers,
Matt

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 17, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #1,896 of 4,778
gibant1-

As encouragement, let me tell you this. What you went through was the exceptional, not the norm. Especially because the products at F.A.W. are so good, we all really want them asap (much less any additional problems, too). Matt is a great guy- a (little) slow (sometimes) with communication, but a straight arrow for sure. For a worldwide business, F.A.W. still seems like a small company trying its best to move a great product. Because their product is so good AND beyond reasonably priced, demand is high. Normal turn around on average is better than most high end cable manufactures (in most cases). Again, sorry what you went through, it was a bit much, I agree. Hang in there, Matt’s a GREAT GUY, and will make it up to you- I assure you. When he says, something ‘nice for you’- he really means it and is sincerely apologetic. I purchased from him awhile back, and I have no regrets and would recommend F.A.W. to anyone without remorse. If you’ve never ordered from F.A.W. before, hang in there, because it’s worth the wait, I promise! Let us know how things go, okay?

(I don’t have any affiliation with F.A.W. or Matt- I’m just a super satisfied customer.)

-Tim

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #1,897 of 4,778
I've Emailed Matt about getting an XLR cable for my Hifiman edition X that I purchased from Majordomo. Hopefully, we can sort something out.

May 21, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #1,898 of 4,778
gibant1-

As encouragement, let me tell you this. What you went through was the exceptional, not the norm. Especially because the products at F.A.W. are so good, we all really want them asap (much less any additional problems, too). Matt is a great guy- a (little) slow (sometimes) with communication, but a straight arrow for sure. For a worldwide business, F.A.W. still seems like a small company trying its best to move a great product. Because their product is so good AND beyond reasonably priced, demand is high. Normal turn around on average is better than most high end cable manufactures (in most cases). Again, sorry what you went through, it was a bit much, I agree. Hang in there, Matt’s a GREAT GUY, and will make it up to you- I assure you. When he says, something ‘nice for you’- he really means it and is sincerely apologetic. I purchased from him awhile back, and I have no regrets and would recommend F.A.W. to anyone without remorse. If you’ve never ordered from F.A.W. before, hang in there, because it’s worth the wait, I promise! Let us know how things go, okay?

(I don’t have any affiliation with F.A.W. or Matt- I’m just a super satisfied customer.)

-Tim

Much appreciated!

May 21, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #1,899 of 4,778
Look what I got from Forza two days ago:
DSC_9780.JPG

It is the Noir Hybrid HPC 1.5 m balanced 4.4 mm for Sennheiser HD800/800S. Now I can use the balanced out of the WM1A with this SD modded HD800. Great sound, superb build quality.
@Matez , are you already working on my pig tail 4.4mm female to XLR 4pin male?

May 23, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #1,900 of 4,778

It is the Noir Hybrid HPC 1.5 m balanced 4.4 mm for Sennheiser HD800/800S. Now I can use the balanced out of the WM1A with this SD modded HD800. Great sound, superb build quality.

Nice setup. How would you compare the sound of Stock vs Noir Hybrid out of WM1A?
In my experience, WM1A generally tends to a have neutral character. Did you experience any sound coloration after adding hybrid cables to the setup?

May 27, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #1,901 of 4,778
Hey i want to get a SONY LOD but however i dont see many in the market right now, how does it works? is there a seperate DAC in the LOD? May i get some insight from the maker as i was browsing forza audioworks i thought of coming here!

May 27, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #1,902 of 4,778
Nice setup. How would you compare the sound of Stock vs Noir Hybrid out of WM1A?
In my experience, WM1A generally tends to a have neutral character. Did you experience any sound coloration after adding hybrid cables to the setup?
The original HD800 cable is a silver coated copper too. The sound itself did not change, the control that the player has over the headphone gets better, and the impulse response seems to improve.

May 28, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #1,903 of 4,778

Yes, this one looks like ours alright :ksc75smile:

May 28, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #1,905 of 4,778

Users who are viewing this thread

Back