Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Aug 2, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #1,216 of 4,764
  you walk on the street with this cable? it is soft?

It is very soft and flexible, very hand friendly and comfortable (much more than I thought on the general pics of this cable), but the only cons to me is that it is a big cable (and the CNC is big also), so I think it has been more designed for home use only.

About walking in the street, I would more recommand the claire HPC mk2, that I really enjoyed before getting the noir hybrid hpc.

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #1,218 of 4,764
  *double post bug*

bad mistake! you're grounded!
wink_face.gif

Aug 6, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #1,219 of 4,764
Just got the Color HPC for my Hifiman HE-500. looks and feels and sounds really great. The Price was also ok.
Finally i can enjoy my HE-500 again.

Aug 7, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #1,220 of 4,764
  I have received my Noir Hybrid HPC for my Oppo pm 3 quite a while ago and having been comparing between the stock cable & with the noir.

At first it was quite difficult to tell the difference but going through my music and some couple of days later, the bass is more detailed, having a slight more impact & with the treble just extending just a bit more compared to the stock cable. Vocals i found to be slightly a bit better on the stock cable, female & male vocals just have more air to them compared to the Noir which has less air with male vocals but manages to have some air to the female vocals.

The thing i noticed with the Noir cable is that they have a much bigger bass body that hits slightly harder which in turns can take away from the vocals of the oppo pm 3, with the stock cable the bass is not really dominate which allows you to listen to the vocals which i prefer because of the added air to them.

Having just got the Pm-3 (&Ha-2 amp) I was really considering the Forza Clair but the cost is a stretch for me.
So, I'm kinda glad to read your comment.   Maybe I should reconsider.
A tighter low end/bass response is an appealing idea though. Hmm.

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #1,221 of 4,764
Can anyone in Canada comment on travel time with regular shipping? Im coming up on 3 weeks with no updates on the Polish site since leaving and no tracking from Canada Post yet.

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #1,222 of 4,764
  Can anyone in Canada comment on travel time with regular shipping? Im coming up on 3 weeks with no updates on the Polish site since leaving and no tracking from Canada Post yet.

I'm not in Canada, but I do now that Canadian inbound customs can be very, very slow. Perhaps its held up there....

Aug 11, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #1,223 of 4,764

I'm in Oregon and it took at least 3 weeks to get to me, I think the last one was a little over 4 weeks, so yeah it depends on customs mostly.

Also you never get updates from the Polish tracking service after it leaves Poland. You'd have to spring for Fed Ex shipping or something like that to get door to door tracking.

Aug 11, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #1,224 of 4,764
Appreciate all the info folks. I'll try to be patient. Not very often I order things from over seas so I wasn't quite sure. Thanks again!

Aug 12, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #1,227 of 4,764
Has anybody bought any cables with the 3.5mm right angle Switchcraft plug? I'd like to know what the dimensions of the plug are as I have a case on my phone that might make the fit a little difficult.

I have the hybrid series IEM with L shaped Switchcraft plug the for my JH13fq. I have a Nexus 6P and if I use the case with a small/normal hole the plug won't fit. I also have a case with a more open design where the plug fits. I often use my IFi micro iDSD with the Nexus and the L shaped plug makes it's a smoother setup for mobile use.

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #1,229 of 4,764
Got my mmcx copper series cable in, and i just want to say that i love it. I'm not a big believer in using cables to tune the sound, so I'll leave that be. Great ergonomics though. Cable sleeve has a really lovely soft, supple feel, it's the right thickness, and i love the look of bare copper. Theres 0 microphonics, and i love the right angle mmcx plugs. Customer service has been great too.

Would definitely do business again when i get my new noble ciems.

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #1,230 of 4,764
I got round to doing an a-b comparison of Claire Hybrid (copper and silver) with the LCD-2 stock cable. Just no contest. The stock cable sounds muffled and for want of a better word, a bit 'rickety'. The Forza gives a far more solid feel overall with tighter, deeper bass and a more agreeable, more extended treble .
The difference in sound quality isn't night and dayand I possibly wouldn't have liked it if it was. But it's certainly there and though subtle at first, it pans out to be substantial.
Forza Forza!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back