Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jul 28, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #421 of 4,764
Received my hybrid series cable and extension today. For the LCD-X
First of all, i've got to say that the service level received from Matthew greatly exceeds anything ive experienced earlier.
I changed my order a number of times during the process, the last change was when the cable was almost ready for shipping but to my surprise when i received the package changes had been made. The look/feel of the cable is great and compared to the stock cable it's just so small and light.
As for sound impressions, well i have a severe cold so that will have to wait.

Anyway,  a few pictures

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #422 of 4,764
HALLO to HEAD-FI,
Which I am reading since a long time, but this is my first response due to buying a Forza Claire Hybrid Cable for my AKG 812.
Maybe some words to my equipment I am listening with. Source is a PC with JRiver and JPlay witch is feeding an AYRE QB 9 DSD. From there the signal goes either to a modified STAX SRM007, either to a HIGH-AMP Hybrid or , for dynamic headphones to a CAVALLI Liquid Fire. My headphones are Stax SR007, HD 800 and the AKG812.

I didn't buy the Forza because I was inconntened with the sound of the AKG. Just wanted a shorter cable and a nicer connector. I like its direct, clear "studiosound".
So what did I get and what changed: First, service was perfect, thanks Mathew. The cable arrived in time in a nice package and looks valuable. Heavy Furutech connector.
And the sound? Music gets warmer, rounder and more body. In the beginning I was scared of missing details, but no, everything is still there. After a while I changed back to the original cable and I understand now, that some people find the AKGs sound too bright.
This cable will stay! Certainly worth the money!
Thanks to Forza
And enjoy the music
P.s.: excuse my English, writing from Vienna/Austria

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #423 of 4,764
Received my hybrid series cable and extension today. For the LCD-X
First of all, i've got to say that the service level received from Matthew greatly exceeds anything ive experienced earlier.
I changed my order a number of times during the process, the last change was when the cable was almost ready for shipping but to my surprise when i received the package changes had been made. The look/feel of the cable is great and compared to the stock cable it's just so small and light.
As for sound impressions, well i have a severe cold so that will have to wait.

Anyway,  a few pictures

I only have hybrid series iem cable and yet to get full size cable. Does hybrid make a difference with your Audeze in terms of comfort and weight of the headphone during use?

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #424 of 4,764
Total package (headphone and cable) is not much difference since the headphone is the major weight.
However comfort wise with regards to moving around with the headphone is better, it's a lot less "sticky" compared to the stock cable and with that is easier to move with.
Even sitting at the desk it's better due to small size of the cable. Might be even better for portable use, i never bring my lcd-x outside..

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #425 of 4,764
received hybrid headphone cable and adapters for my LCD XC yesterday.
What I can say ?
Work of Art.
Happy to deal with Matthew.
Fast Shipment(only 7 days from Poland to Northern part of Thailand by register mail)

Aug 8, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #427 of 4,764
Ok so time for a looooong over due post to show my appreciation to Matt and Forza Audioworks and the awesome cables and custom builds he has made for me over the past year. When it comes to customer service, reliability, build quality, communication and pricing, everything said previously in this thread is absolutely true! By far the best customer service I have ever experienced! If you have a question, shoot Mateusz an e-mail and he'll take care of you!

As a disclaimer to this post: I will not be talking about how the cables sound or the different signatures/nuances they provide etc. I'm not experienced enough to comment on these things. I buy cables for ergonomics, functionality and appearance, and for me, FAW excels at these areas (+ all the cables actually work!
biggrin.gif
 )  Just FYI. (basically eyecandy!)

For me it all started pretty small when roughly a year ago, I was looking for a small and sleek looking interconnect for my, back then, recently acquired portable rig, an RWAK100+Vorzamp duo (still my go-to portable rig today). I've posted pics of that rig earlier in this thread, but below a side by side comparison between the rig back then and the rig today. As you can see I nowadays use a custom built jumper, made by Matt naturally
wink.gif

S
ince I got the jumper, my rig has been complete and I have not been infected by upgradeitis (yet!).

At the time of the copper series IC purchase I also bought a Clair IC, mainly because it was/is gorgeous! I didn't actually have any use for it at the time 
biggrin.gif
 Nowadays I'm using it with my phone and Headstage Arrow 3G when I want to listen to Spotify on the go. Even though the Claire is a thick 8 conductor IC, it's surprisingly flexible (as is all the FAW cables I own might I add).

A couple of single ended adapters. Flexible, durable, beautiful!

A few months ago, I decided I was going to get myself a pair of Audeze's (didn't know it would end up being the 3's at the time) after auditioning them at a hifi-meet here in Stockholm. I decided I was going to run them of a stereo speaker using speaker taps (had at the time fallen in love with and acquired the Elekit 22 hybrid amp and wanted to try it with headphones). As I had promised my wife to be (nowadays my wife) that I would not get a pair of Audeze's before our wedding I decided to Recable my beloved DT770/80's so it could be run balanced off the speaker taps of the Elekit. Naturally, I once again contacted Mateusz and from there it was all smooth sailing. I decided on a Noir Hybrid HPC FAW with dual XLR (Audeze) connectors at the headphone end and dual 3 pin XLR at the amp end. The reason behind this was that when I actually get the Audeze's I could use the same cable for both headphones and the stock Audeze cables would work with the DT770's (which is how I run them today).

Build quality on the DT's is superb and they look gorgeous!

And finally I also got a couple of speaker tap (bananas) to 3 pin XLR female adapters.

All in all, my journey with FAW has been an amazing one! You've not heard the last of me Matt! Thank you! 
beerchug.gif

I'll be back!

/Emil

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #429 of 4,764
  Ok so time for a looooong over due post to show my appreciation to Matt and Forza Audioworks and the awesome cables and custom builds he has made for me over the past year. When it comes to customer service, reliability, build quality, communication and pricing, everything said previously in this thread is absolutely true! By far the best customer service I have ever experienced! If you have a question, shoot Mateusz an e-mail and he'll take care of you!

As a disclaimer to this post: I will not be talking about how the cables sound or the different signatures/nuances they provide etc. I'm not experienced enough to comment on these things. I buy cables for ergonomics, functionality and appearance, and for me, FAW excels at these areas (+ all the cables actually work!
biggrin.gif
 )  Just FYI. (basically eyecandy!)

For me it all started pretty small when roughly a year ago, I was looking for a small and sleek looking interconnect for my, back then, recently acquired portable rig, an RWAK100+Vorzamp duo (still my go-to portable rig today). I've posted pics of that rig earlier in this thread, but below a side by side comparison between the rig back then and the rig today. As you can see I nowadays use a custom built jumper, made by Matt naturally
wink.gif

S
ince I got the jumper, my rig has been complete and I have not been infected by upgradeitis (yet!).

At the time of the copper series IC purchase I also bought a Clair IC, mainly because it was/is gorgeous! I didn't actually have any use for it at the time 
biggrin.gif
 Nowadays I'm using it with my phone and Headstage Arrow 3G when I want to listen to Spotify on the go. Even though the Claire is a thick 8 conductor IC, it's surprisingly flexible (as is all the FAW cables I own might I add).

A couple of single ended adapters. Flexible, durable, beautiful!

A few months ago, I decided I was going to get myself a pair of Audeze's (didn't know it would end up being the 3's at the time) after auditioning them at a hifi-meet here in Stockholm. I decided I was going to run them of a stereo speaker using speaker taps (had at the time fallen in love with and acquired the Elekit 22 hybrid amp and wanted to try it with headphones). As I had promised my wife to be (nowadays my wife) that I would not get a pair of Audeze's before our wedding I decided to Recable my beloved DT770/80's so it could be run balanced off the speaker taps of the Elekit. Naturally, I once again contacted Mateusz and from there it was all smooth sailing. I decided on a Noir Hybrid HPC FAW with dual XLR (Audeze) connectors at the headphone end and dual 3 pin XLR at the amp end. The reason behind this was that when I actually get the Audeze's I could use the same cable for both headphones and the stock Audeze cables would work with the DT770's (which is how I run them today).

Build quality on the DT's is superb and they look gorgeous!

And finally I also got a couple of speaker tap (bananas) to 3 pin XLR female adapters.

All in all, my journey with FAW has been an amazing one! You've not heard the last of me Matt! Thank you! 
beerchug.gif

I'll be back!

/Emil

Nice pics man. And an enjoyable read too. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #431 of 4,764
Does anyone here have the HL Silver (or Litz) cable and the Forza Audioworks Hybrid IEM cable?  If so, can you PM me?  Thanks in advance.

Aug 19, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #432 of 4,764
Arrrr the wait is killing me....should have my hybrid hopefully this week...has been sent out last Wednesday. ..

Aug 20, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #434 of 4,764
Received my Noir HPC Mk2 Custom cable with 3,5mm jack for my Sennheiser HD800 today. Shipping time was fast. The cable looks very nice indeed and seems to be high quality. Sound is great. I am not sure, however, wether the difference is that big in contrast to the stock cable. I am talking about nuances here. My impression is nevertheless that the sound of the Noir HPC Mk2is a bit clearer. Because I have orderered a shorter cable (4 feet) the loudness seems to be a bit higher than the stock cable.
It would take some time for an in depth testing. However, I immediately loved this cable and put the stock cable aside. It enables me to connect a portable device (AK 100 Mk II) to the Sennheiser without amp and the sound is amazing. Yes, an amp is not needed for this combination. I don't regret a second having bought that cable. That's just my first impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back