Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Oct 19, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #871 of 4,765
   I've gone ahead and ordered Noir Hybric HPC from Matt.

I have a Noir Hybrid for my LCD-2F. It's awesome and a big step up from the standard cable... much better detail, openness and tonality... almost like different headphones. Plus the cable looks exquisite.

Oct 19, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #872 of 4,765

I have a Noir Hybrid for my LCD-2F. It's awesome and a big step up from the standard cable... much better detail, openness and tonality... almost like different headphones. Plus the cable looks exquisite.

That was my thought too. The stock Audeze cables feel a bit budget compared to the premium construction of the 'phones themselves - very slender and rather at odds.  Really looking forward to receiving the FAW cable!

Cheers,

Dave

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #873 of 4,765

That was my thought too. The stock Audeze cables feel a bit budget compared to the premium construction of the 'phones themselves - very slender and rather at odds.  Really looking forward to receiving the FAW cable!

Cheers,

Dave

I'm in the same boat. My stock LCD-2 cable is falling apart, I can see copper on two of the cables because of splits and knicks in the shielding that have become worse over time. I ordered my cable on Oct 2 and it should be here within the next couple of days I hope. Can't wait to post some impressions.

Oct 22, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #874 of 4,765

Just received my FAW Hybrid IEM cable terminated in 2.5mm, 1 adapter 2.5mm to RSA/ALO, 1 adapter 2.5mm to 3.5mm and a Claire Hybrid ICL interconnect.

Matthew from Forza made a amazing and beautiful job. Handcraft and build quality are outstanding!!
When I plugged the cable, I could immediately hear how much clearer and detailed the sound was. Everything in its right place. Great imaging and great sound texture. And very important, to my taste, without loosing the warmth of the cooper signature. I like cooper cables, but this hybrid version is the "cherry on top"!
I use Noble 3 iems. I know...entry level, V shape signature...but I really like these iems! And with this new "wonder" cable from Forza Audio I fell I took the Noble to a new level of clarity. It´s just sweet!
The shipping, and I live in Portugal, was super fast. Took 6 days for the mail man to ring my door.

Thank you Matthew for your serious craftmanshipp and great costumer interaction!

Oct 23, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #875 of 4,765
I just got my Noir Hybrid cable for my LCD-2 today! Only took 10 days to get to Oregon from Warsaw, way faster than I was anticipating.

First, the sound of this thing... Wow. Audeze is really holding back their headphones with such a crappy cable. Everything sounds more balanced and open. I thought instrument separation and air was great before, but this cable really unlocked the inner detail of instruments. I think the one thing I didn't like about my headphones before was the slight veil that gets put on top of very quiet instruments and delicate details. The warm tonality typically washes some of that detail out. That is totally gone. There is no more hint of tubbyness. A deep bass line can be present right beside quiet horns and piano with no loss of detail, while the bass line still maintains that thick and fat sound that the LCD-2 is so loved for, it just doesn't edge everything else out.

Second, appearance, the pictures definitely do it justice, it's just as beautiful as was promised. It looks like the kind of headphone cable Darth Vader would own. I couldn't possibly love the look of it any more.

Well, now I feel like a real cable dork. I'm glad I don't plan on spending money on any other kinds of cables. My Blue Jeans interconnects sound the same or better than anything else I've heard.

Oct 25, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #876 of 4,765
photo from my old cable, it was excellent and sounded superb, I used it with headphones westone um pro30!

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #877 of 4,765
I've ordered at forza on 27/10/2015 and payed directly after placing the order, still got no feedback regarding my order yet and have asked several times about the status of the order. I've no problem if something is not on stock. but i've a problem for just accepting payment and not responding after all.
so be careful with your orders at forza

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #878 of 4,765
I will resend my email sent to you few days ago. Lately due to some unknown reasons rep of IP of FAW servers went down and sometimes especially gmail and aol addresses are marking my emails as spam or simply blocking them. Everything should be good as soon as we move FAW to another server, but you as for now Ill send you another email from different mailbox - just to be sure it arrived. Sorry for that.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Nov 5, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #879 of 4,765
Personally, I think you have nothing to worry about. I have dealt with Matt 5 times now and he has been extremely helpful and informative concerning each of my orders.
It is true he sometimes takes a few days before answering emails, but I'm sure he is busy building the incredible cables Forza is known for.
What I mean is, Matt is a very trustful guy who is really passionate about his work. He will answer your mails eventually. Give him some time. You will not regret it :wink:

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #880 of 4,765
I had the same issue of thinking that I wasn't getting responses, but they went to my spam folder for no good reason. Matt was always super nice and prompt and I couldn't be happier with the cable I got.

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #881 of 4,765
delivered yesterday morning :) (order placed last thursday):

a LOD for my Fostex HP-P1

and a USB adapter I'll use between a USB Regen and an Audiophilleo
(original stock adapter too in the picture for comparison)

thank you so much Matt :)

Nov 6, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #882 of 4,765
got an email from matt soon after posting here, so my problem was related to server issues , so I think everything will go fine from here and as planned as first asking for status, I will upgrade my order with an headphone cable to save on shipping. Will give feedback here when my order has reached me.

Nov 7, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #884 of 4,765
Nov 10, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #885 of 4,765
Hi Matt,

Sent you an email a few days ago, sent you two cables for you to work on. Wanted to make sure you received them.

Allen from Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back