Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Sep 10, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #841 of 4,755
I've been burning in a new Forza Claire .5m RCA interconnect cable for the past few days.

I use this cable to connect the RCA output of the iFi iDAC2 to a Sugden Headmaster pre/head amp.

This cable is an excellent value, fantastic transparency, dynamic punch, and stereo soundstage imaging.

Huge value for the money in my opinion, 7N OCC conductors in PE insulation, with 1877 Phono OCC RCAs.

Truly high-end performance without the price tag. Thanks Matt!

Sep 22, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #844 of 4,755
Just ordered a Color Series and Copper Interconnect, the copper series looked good but I couldn't justify the money on just cables.

Sep 22, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #845 of 4,755

Recently purchased a Noir MK2 for my Sennheiser HD700's. Improvement all round over the stock cable and really well made.

EDIT: forgot to add I also got a custom made twin usb cable to hook up my ifi iUSBPower to the iDSD - 2x USB A Male to 1x USB A Female. Much cheaper than the ifi Gemini cable (although not as tank-like!)

Sep 22, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #846 of 4,755

Recently purchased a Noir MK2 for my Sennheiser HD700's. Improvement all round over the stock cable and really well made.

EDIT: forgot to add I also got a custom made twin usb cable to hook up my ifi iUSBPower to the iDSD - 2x USB A Male to 1x USB A Female. Much cheaper than the ifi Gemini cable (although not as tank-like!)

I wished the logo wasn't so brash on the USB heads, cheapens the look.

Sep 28, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #849 of 4,755
  I just created an account on the FAW site.  I've see FAW mentioned favorably so much, that I finally decided to take a look.  I already have an interconnect in my shopping cart, and I also want to purchase a FAW Noir HPC for my Shure SRH1540.....I just need to figure out if the SRH1440/1840 cables he has pre-configured in the ordering options uses the same MMCX connectors as my 1540's.  I'm hoping I can get this order placed today.  I like supporting solid vendors like FAW.

EDIT:  Well dang, talk about service.  I posted my situation above, check my emails a few minutes ago, and there's a message from Matthew confirming the connectors are the same.  Order is placed!  Expensive shipping via EMS, but these look to be quality cables, and I can't wait to receive them.  Thanks Matthew!

Hi feverfive! I know this post is more than a year old, but could you possibly post pictures of the SRH1540 cable you ordered from Forza? I'm interested in seeing which MMCX connectors Matthew uses :wink:

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #851 of 4,755
The cable is actually quite light, and supremely flexible (which is my preference - I hate stiff cables).  If I can take the headphones off my head for a moment I'll weight the cable
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #852 of 4,755
  The cable is actually quite light, and supremely flexible (which is my preference - I hate stiff cables).  If I can take the headphones off my head for a moment I'll weight the cable
biggrin.gif

Nah it's fine you don't have to weigh it XD I was just wondering if it feels heavy or not.

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #853 of 4,755
I own a Noir Cable for my LCD-2 and I have to agree, it is remarkably light! This cable looks fat and bulky on pictures, but when you have it in your hands, that's when you notice it is the perfect combination of robustness and flexibility, all in a very light package!

Oct 1, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #854 of 4,755
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have looked on the website and can't see any reference to the choice in cable colours. How does one select it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back