Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #2,371 of 4,760
Apr 23, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #2,373 of 4,760
You underestimate me Sir. I would have nothing less than gold in my curtain cords. Or dare I wish for platinum ...

Go platinum and tell me how it sounds like. I need to expand my portfolio soon(ish). It's either this or star metal, one of the two...

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Apr 29, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #2,374 of 4,760
Do we get 4pin to 6.3 adapter free if we buy Noir Hybrid with 4 pin termination?
Read somewhere in review that adapter comes free

Apr 30, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #2,377 of 4,760
good to know as I just received the adapter and I am planning to buy Hybrid cable for my Empyrean and then i read somewhere that you get adapter for free when you buy hybrid cables and I thought did i just buy an item that I would have got for free anyways.

Also I am surprised to notice that even these adapters are changing the sound signature. I was not expecting it. I wouldn't say if the change is better or worse as I think these 0.5m adapters need burn in but I will definitely post my impression in a week or so once proper burn in is done.

Apr 30, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #2,378 of 4,760
good to know as I just received the adapter and I am planning to buy Hybrid cable for my Empyrean and then i read somewhere that you get adapter for free when you buy hybrid cables and I thought did i just buy an item that I would have got for free anyways.

Also I am surprised to notice that even these adapters are changing the sound signature. I was not expecting it. I wouldn't say if the change is better or worse as I think these 0.5m adapters need burn in but I will definitely post my impression in a week or so once proper burn in is done.
You sure it's the adapter and not the fact that you're going from balanced to single ended output?

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #2,379 of 4,760
You sure it's the adapter and not the fact that you're going from balanced to single ended output?
ya i know it sounds crazy but i have a cheap adapter with me and when i switched from it I felt the difference.
It may be that my older adapter was not good since all my stock cables are 4 pin so difficult to say if there is any change compared to stock cable.

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #2,380 of 4,760
ya i know it sounds crazy but i have a cheap adapter with me and when i switched from it I felt the difference.
It may be that my older adapter was not good since all my stock cables are 4 pin so difficult to say if there is any change compared to stock cable.

Not crazy at all if the adapter is poorly soldered or simply made of different (worse quality) cable than the headphone cable itself - a perfect example of bottleneck effect.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en

Users who are viewing this thread

Back