Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #2,326 of 4,764
Question to ZMF Atticus/Eikon owners: Claire Hybrid HPC or Noir Hybrid HPC?
Thanks for recommendation

I use the Claire Hybrid HPC on my Atticus, Eikon and LCD-2f. Today when the LCD-3 lands, I'll be using on that too. :)

I got the Noir HPC Mk2 for my HD800.

It's been almost 2 years now and I've been through several headphones but the cables have remained because they are great in looks, function and sound.

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #2,327 of 4,764
I use the Claire Hybrid HPC on my Atticus, Eikon and LCD-2f. Today when the LCD-3 lands, I'll be using on that too. :)

I got the Noir HPC Mk2 for my HD800.

It's been almost 2 years now and I've been through several headphones but the cables have remained because they are great in looks, function and sound.
Thanks. I bought the Claire Hybrid HPC. Shipped at 30.3. so I hope I get it this week!

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #2,328 of 4,764
Here the Claire Hybrid HPC in action with the Eikon.

20180120_183012.jpg

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #2,329 of 4,764
FAW Impressions (old): Noir HPC Mk2 @ Audeze LCD-2.2F Rosewood <3

audezelcd-2.2frosewoo3aund.jpg

Awaiting my second FAW cable, a Noir Hybrid HPC for the Hifiman Arya.

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #2,331 of 4,764
The new headband is a improvement, for sure. There is no more preasure on the top of your head. They are better then the old ones.

But somehow I like the weight of the Audeze‘s. They are build and feel like a tank, compared to that the Hifiman feels a bit cheap and crappy.

Do you have any eta on my new cable.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #2,334 of 4,764
I recently received my new cable from Forza and I am really impressed. Matt did an awesome job of communication and it shipped quickly, arriving in 4 days from Poland.

The cable itself is well built, has a nice light feel too it. Not too thick and has a good fabric feel to it .the connectors and split all look classy with the Forza logo on them. The cable doesn't flop around or twist when laying on a desk. I would say this is the best cable I have ever gotten custom made.

Sound quality is excellent.

I think it looks good with my ZMF Classic. Thank you Matt for the amazing cable.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #2,335 of 4,764
I already had a Noir Hybrid HPC cable that I use with my 6 Sennsheisers from the 6 series and I received another one to use with my HD820 and HD800S last week, along with a few short adapter cables I need. The build quality of those braided Noir Hybrid HPC cables is second to none in my opinion and I had quite a few cable brands in the past.

But I ordered 4 more cheaper cables as well to use with my K7xx, GSP600, HD599/598CS and HD700 along with a few adapters. The cable I chose for them is the Copper Series HPC Mk2 but since I hate rubber cables and also don't like the look of transparent cables Matt agreed to make them sleeved in black cotton as well but just straight and not braided to keep the cost down as the phones I use them with aren't the best and not that expensive either.
I must say the build quality is on par with the Noir Hybrid and feel very luxurious (although the braided Noir is still the maxx!), really a job well done by Matt.
I never even thought it would be possible to make a cable for the GSP600 gaming headphone with it's stupid connector but Matt did it anyway.
This is true custom work folks, often not possible from "custom cable makers".

For me it's simple: since I need 4,5m cables for my phones and want them all sleeved in soft cotton and seen the quality and price of the Forza cables I will order Forza cables for all my future phones, the stock cables just stay in the box.

I'll try to post some pics later when I have a bit more time.

Apr 4, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #2,337 of 4,764
I had an issue and Matt helped me, so it's all fine

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #2,339 of 4,764
Apr 4, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #2,340 of 4,764
Actually they are crap, I brought 1 year ago a rca to jack cable, the gold on jack is almost gone and I didn't get any answer to my email from them..

In fairness He doesn't make those, he offers 'Branded' Components which are reputable and assembles his product around them, hint...he's the wiring bit. In comparison my ViaBlue plugs on both my Forza Cables are still shiny and golden even after a year of use. Maybe his component supplier screwed up their QC on this item or possibly your Wife resents the money you waste on your ridiculous head-fi hobby and is scraping and pawning every asset you have.

He's an ethical business man who, as attested by this very thread produces a superb product (though he could broaden his range a little imo), but, alas, I do have to agree with you that his communication skills are, to be polite, a little inconsistent and sometimes bloody appalling.

:0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back