Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #198 of 4,765
  I own it. I own the upgraded Noir Hybrid one. Really dig the looks and compared to the Audioquest Cinnamon it has less bass but better clarity and details. IMO ofcourse

Do you have the regular USB cable or the twin head version? From what I understand, using a double head design adds some challenge. 

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #204 of 4,765
I received today cable for my HD600 color series. RCA interconnect also color series and short jack copper series for my portable rig. Good contact with Matthew, and even though there were christmas quickly sent my package.. Build quality is excellent for this price so I can only recommend Forza Audioworks! :) 

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #205 of 4,765
I bought FAW Copper Series Twin USB like half a year ago, it is working like a charm, plus it is very aesthetically pleasing. About a month ago I placed an order for their FAW Copper Series Twin USB for Audiophileo/M2Tech (separate data and power lines), but after about 2 days I was approached by Matt that if I waited a bit, he could upgrade it to mk2 version. It took a bit longer, due to holidays and everything but I received my package few days ago. Matt is really nice guy, we exchanged few messages and he was always helpful. On top of that, he makes a fine cables and I will surely buy more from him in future (if everything goes according to plan I will be buying LCD-XC in the summer and want FAW top of the line cable for it).
Btw, that eco-friendly package is very interesting (and gives me a feeling that I am receiving something rather special), after I opened it I had a little mess on my bed :D

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #206 of 4,765
Just curious whether anyone has communicated w/ FAW over the last week or so.  I placed an order for FAW Noir HP cable and a OCC silver ICL cable on January 3.  I was expecting shipment after a couple weeks based on a response to a wait time question I asked here.  Late last week, I got a message from FAW asking if I'd like to upgrade my cable order to their Hybrid cable (for an additional 34 Eur, ~$47USD).  I agreed, paid via PayPal & FAW confirmed receipt.  Since then, nothing.  I'm not exactly worried, just curious since this is my first time dealing w/ FAW.

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #207 of 4,765
Just curious whether anyone has communicated w/ FAW over the last week or so.  I placed an order for FAW Noir HP cable and a OCC silver ICL cable on January 3.  I was expecting shipment after a couple weeks based on a response to a wait time question I asked here.  Late last week, I got a message from FAW asking if I'd like to upgrade my cable order to their Hybrid cable (for an additional 34 Eur, ~$47USD).  I agreed, paid via PayPal & FAW confirmed receipt.  Since then, nothing.  I'm not exactly worried, just curious since this is my first time dealing w/ FAW.

Hi

I know Matthew has been on vacation up until January 17th. Maybe send him another email. And hopefully he is checking this thread. I too will be placing an order for a hybrid FitEar cable.

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #208 of 4,765
Before I go into details of the Forza Audioworks hybrid custom IEM cable review, I would just like to start with the overall experience in dealing with Matthew at Forza. Over the last year I have ordered three LODs, a custom IEM copper cable and had him do an iMod (called fMod for Forza) of my 5th generation iPod. And not only have the prices been incredibly reasonable, as is the overall workmanship and quality, but the customer service experience is number one. He responds in a prompt manner and is always willing to accommodate the needs of his customers, and this coming from a somewhat demanding customer at times.

Let me preface my overall impressions with the following: First of all I used a pair of Rooth LS8 custom IEMs along with my 6th gen iPod paired with my ALO national amp. My musical preferences used for testing were mainly rock and roll, punk and some folk. You may have different preferences, but I do not think this will impact your overall enjoyment of this cable in the least.

Okay, now on to the review. Let me first start with the specifics – the cable is made of a hybrid OCC semi-Litz wire, with purity of 7N (99,99999%) and insulation of PE, braided 4 wires of AWG26 diameter. The OCC copper strands are covered with enamel, which means no green oxide will cover the cable over time reducing SQ. The OCC silver strands are not in Litz configuration in order to widen the overall soundstage, adding sparkle to highs, but avoiding thinness and harshness typical to Litz silver wires. The overall package comes in an eco-friendly packaging and manufactured with great care to reduce the environmental impact something that is very important to Matthew.

My impressions – First of all, this cable is very light and maintains its consistent shape with continued use, although I have not spent that many hours with it. But I will say that this cable is a significant improvement over any of my stock cables as well as my custom copper and silver cables. The areas I found this noticeable were in the treble region, which are more extended with cleaner mids, more details and generally a warmer bass feel and overall more open sound with a distinctive sense of instrument separation. Now I tend to prefer a warmer sound overall (comes down to one’s personal preference) and really from the first listen this was my experience. And the instrument separation and details were spectacular, especially in the areas of drum and bass, which are what my ears are drawn to initially.

Also each cable comes with a one year warranty card.

I would say that overall for the attention to detail, build quality, clarity of sound and the price point for a hybrid cable, there are very few companies out there that can compete with Forza Audioworks. Of course there are hybrid cables available, but you are going to pay a significantly higher price. I’d say Matthew has a winner with his hybrid series!

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #210 of 4,765
Copper and hybrid IEM cable owners, is there memory wire? Any issues with wearing the cable over the ear?

No problems wearing it over the ear at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back