Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
May 29, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #2,551 of 3,854
  No idea what to say about that GP.... Probably the best Monaco GP of the past 10 years, but still...

Pretty pivotal race. Championship just tightened up,  a case of the team making the least screw ups winning moreso than win out of pure merit.  Somebody really needs to get Perez into a contending car.

May 29, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #2,552 of 3,854
Red Bull gives you disasters.

Who was responsible for Ricciardo's abyssmal pitstop debacle...?
eek.gif

May 29, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #2,553 of 3,854
  Red Bull gives you disasters.

Who was responsible for Ricciardo's abyssmal pitstop debacle...?
eek.gif

Or Red Bull Clips Your Wings....

Marko is only saying it was a "human error" on the teams part. I assume that human is being flogged as we speak.

I wonder if Merc knows how lucky they were here?

Ferrari, yet another underperformance all the way round. I can see new management showing up for Canada.

I wonder if Vijay will deal off Force India now that it is showing some value?

Sauber, the death spiral now trickling onto the track.

Alonso. How times have changed. 2 time WDC ecstatic to finish 5th
confused_face_2.gif

All things said, looking at the math here, the number of races means that out of the top 5, the WDC is anyones game now this year. 1 DNF from Flossy while the usual suspects score in their accustomed spots and it will be a mighty tight race.
  Here's to Merc having more technical troubles. Bless bad fuel pumps and overheating brakes for keeping the season interesting.
If Max gains some consistancy and Williams gets it a little more together this could become an incredibly interesting championship in about 3 more races. Love to see Renault get there but that chassis is such a brick, a rocket motor wouldn't help them.

May 29, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #2,555 of 3,854
No no no not Fubari :frowning2:

Incredible to see that at Red Bull. Ferrari  on their number two car I would not been as surprised. Will be interesting to see if they can actually keep the pressure on Mercedes on regular tracks seeing they actually had quite some pace advantage here. . Lewis Hamilton should get a 5 second penalty for what he did to try and keep his spot though. 

But yeah superb race you seldom ever get them here. Unless it rains. Seriously add sprinklers to the track!

Sauber what a sad affair. Hope they can fix their economics so they really can race again. Nasr had apparently refused teamorders even from Monisha for 10 laps :p 

May 29, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #2,556 of 3,854
In a perfect world it would be Nico to the Scud and Ric to Merc. Then again, be a shame to see him Alonso his career on the cusp of DeadBull dominance. Makes you wonder. On that note the mystery meat in the sandwich here is Mac. They will need two drivers in the near future and look to be making gains (not the kind the aluminum eating Denis claims, but gains nonetheless) That could be a good move for the Aussie as it may well ensure Number one status at the team

I think it could well be both Nasr and Palmers last year in the majors. The two of them are the benchmark for underperformers. Nasr could well be racing in a Nastruck by Montreal.

Dunno about penalizing Hammer. I'd have given him a 30 second penalty just for hanging out with Bieber, but the on track move. 50/50 on that as realistically he did not gain track position but did close down Ric in Flossy's style. I'd like to hear what Ric says about it in a weeks time.

May 29, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #2,557 of 3,854
Key is he went off track then not leaving room while reentering the track. Not a major offense but had he crashed Ricciardio he would for sure get the penalty.

Nasr and Palmer do really sit in the wrong cars to their defense. Hard to impress when you sit in the worst chassis.

May 29, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #2,558 of 3,854
Well, according to Alain Prost RBR could actually be this year's surprise title contender.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/prost-red-bull-could-be-surprise-f1-title-contenders-741660/ 

May 29, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #2,560 of 3,854
http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/formula-one/daniel-ricciardo-must-swallow-his-pride-for-his-next-move-in-formula-1/news-story/b3f5b9a20f819b71c524b547a2bc8454

Theres some pretty straight analysis here. I for one am rather intrigued by having a driver actually able to put the boots to DeadBull for once. This may actually give the team management the boot in the arse it needs to "mature" them
biggrin.gif

I say he waits the year and then starts talking with Mac seriously. As Allen mentions the rules change will make a huge difference and I suspect that is the glue Ronbo has been sniffing in making his wild claims of unseating Merc. It's hard to give up Priority 1 status even if you are not yet winning races. These incidents may well give Ric the leverage at the Bull he needs to maintain his own priorities. I figure his management (and Mark Webber:)) will be all over that.

From the DeadBull mgmt side of things you have Marko who is no doubt pushing for a Verstappen led team. Horner who knows the kid is not ready. Max himself who is arrogant but knows and seems to freely admit it's a training exercise and Dieter who is looking at owning two teams in chaos right now. I can well see some management "exercises" coming into play. Push to shove even the arrogant aholes there must well know they only have 1 driver on staff who is CAPABLE of putting together a WDC, an no others with that ability in the paddock even having drunken ideas about going to RBR. Dan is the man, and if he does in fact have performance guarantees in his contract (as most top level drivers do now) the team will be having a good long think right about now.

May 31, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #2,561 of 3,854
  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2016/05/29/monaco-grand-prix-screwed-daniel-ricciardo-lets-rip-at-red-bull/

Ferrari need to start talking to him.

Oh heavens not Ferrari....have you even watched a race this season? :p
  Lewis Hamilton should get a 5 second penalty for what he did to try and keep his spot though.

I'd agree with that - but they'd never penalize him because it would be the third time. Or do I misunderstand how penalties work? Me personally, I would agree a penalty would fit - they've handed them out for such moves before, especially considering how Lewis whines like a baby when they pull moves like that on him. Doubly so because the conditions made it dangerous. But will they? Of course not. Too much money at stake. Plus, Ricciardo is too good a driver to win that way.

In a perfect world it would be Nico to the Scud and Ric to Merc. Then again, be a shame to see him Alonso his career on the cusp of DeadBull dominance. Makes you wonder. On that note the mystery meat in the sandwich here is Mac. They will need two drivers in the near future and look to be making gains (not the kind the aluminum eating Denis claims, but gains nonetheless) That could be a good move for the Aussie as it may well ensure Number one status at the team

I think it could well be both Nasr and Palmers last year in the majors. The two of them are the benchmark for underperformers. Nasr could well be racing in a Nastruck by Montreal.

Dunno about penalizing Hammer. I'd have given him a 30 second penalty just for hanging out with Bieber, but the on track move. 50/50 on that as realistically he did not gain track position but did close down Ric in Flossy's style. I'd like to hear what Ric says about it in a weeks time.

Well, if we're being straight up here, Hamilton would be fined, penalized, and disqualified for ten years for hanging with the Biebs.

I can see understand Ricciardo being tremendously upset. He took well in Spain, and it was the same thing that cost him the same thing - a team mistake that cost the driver the race. When it happens on ANY track the second time in a row, he has a right to be fuming. Monaco, of all places. The whole "Ricciardo needs to swallow his pride blah blah blah" is just some nitwit writer who hates Ricciardo; when you get pissed off because your team requires you to box and you do so only to find out they haven't even pulled your boots off the shelf yet isn't being proud... I don't know how someone with two or more brain cells could jump to such a conclusion. I mean, imagine it from his standpoint: He puts his foot down, doesn't put a tire wrong, his team dumps his race while everyone proclaims his new teammate 'The Next Senna' for winning that very same race (on chance, no less), and then it happens again - in the crown jewel of F1, in the wet, with Hamilton back on form. I'd be going Pompeii on my team as well.

And I especially love how Hamilton, while gracious to Rosberg, seems to act like he beat Daniel fair and square lol :D

May 31, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #2,562 of 3,854

Oh heavens not Ferrari....have you even watched a race this season? :p
I'd agree with that - but they'd never penalize him because it would be the third time. Or do I misunderstand how penalties work?

Well, if we're being straight up here, Hamilton would be fined, penalized, and disqualified for ten years for hanging with the Biebs.

I can see understand Ricciardo being tremendously upset. He took well in Spain, and it was the same thing that cost him the same thing - a team mistake that cost the driver the race. When it happens on ANY track the second time in a row, he has a right to be fuming. Monaco, of all places. The whole "Ricciardo needs to swallow his pride blah blah blah" is just some nitwit writer who hates Ricciardo; when you get pissed off because your team requires you to box and you do so only to find out they haven't even pulled your boots off the shelf yet isn't being proud... I don't know how someone with two or more brain cells could jump to such a conclusion. I mean, imagine it from his standpoint: He puts his foot down, doesn't put a tire wrong, his team dumps his race while everyone proclaims his new teammate 'The Next Senna' for winning that very same race (on chance, no less), and then it happens again - in the crown jewel of F1, in the wet, with Hamilton back on form. I'd be going Pompeii on my team as well.

And I especially love how Hamilton, while gracious to Rosberg, seems to act like he beat Daniel fair and square lol :D

Not to be the apologist here, but Ham did beat Ric fair and square. Equal terms to what happened to him last year so understandably the sympathy on the podium.  I think Ric would have probably jumped in the med if Lew had started on about how he won due to RB's incredible F/U.
I think Ric swallowed his pride long ago when he was beating his Uber Team mate back when for 1/100th the cost:wink:
It has been a strange year for bad luck hitting the top drivers. Pained though I am for Rics loss there it does add another element to the overall championship. Heavens help RB if they do not get it together in Montreal.

May 31, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #2,563 of 3,854
Hamilton did certainly not beat him fair. He cutted on the undercut lap by a calculated "misstake" I guess they was on the radio about Red Bull not being ready and then the second cut. That is not how you win fair and square lol. Max Verstappen won fair and square on a better strategy. Being slower but he didn´t cut or blocked Kimi. I guess next year Lewis deserves to be ass rammed if old merits has to be taken into consideration lol 

May 31, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #2,564 of 3,854
  Hamilton did certainly not beat him fair. He cutted on the undercut lap by a calculated "misstake" I guess they was on the radio about Red Bull not being ready and then the second cut. That is not how you win fair and square lol. Max Verstappen won fair and square on a better strategy. Being slower but he didn´t cut or blocked Kimi. I guess next year Lewis deserves to be ass rammed if old merits has to be taken into consideration lol 

Well really you cannot hold one person culpable for the incompetence of another teams pit crew.  On the chicane issue, I really have to wonder what the outcome would have been if he'd gotten heavy on the brakes there with Ric closing at a good rate of knots. There is not a whole lot of room on the outside there to go round.

As the saying goes, thats racing, events rarely play out exactly as a driver wishes.

May 31, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #2,565 of 3,854

Well really you cannot hold one person culpable for the incompetence of another teams pit crew.  On the chicane issue, I really have to wonder what the outcome would have been if he'd gotten heavy on the brakes there with Ric closing at a good rate of knots. There is not a whole lot of room on the outside there to go round.

As the saying goes, thats racing, events rarely play out exactly as a driver wishes.

Why not. Is not Hamilton responsible for his own actions? It has nothing to do with the pit crew. Ricciardo was much better during braking and he had it all under control obviously and didn´t cut the corner. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back