Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Mar 19, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #2,296 of 3,854
The new qualifying format did nothing to the pecking order it seems. Didn´t quite work as intended maybe banning the soft tires and allowing refueling in pit lane and not garage would be enough to keep the cars running. Solution is not going back to the old format it´s to predictable.

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #2,297 of 3,854
Speaking about the "sound", I drove to South Melbourne today, probably less than 1km from the track, 3rd praccy.
I could hear there was something going on, but these V6s are quiet ... nothing like the old days when you could hear the engines from the other side of the city. 

Which is probably a good thing for anyone living in the area. For that goosebumpy reaction though, not so good.

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #2,298 of 3,854
Hopefully there will be less tinnitus among the teams and drivers :)

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #2,301 of 3,854
I wonder if they ever simulated these qualifying sessions in the computer simulations? It would be so easy  to do and make the format better tweaked from the get go.

Mar 19, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #2,303 of 3,854
  Hopefully there will be less tinnitus among the teams and drivers :)

Maybe the person who pushed for quieter engines in F1 is an audiophile 
etysmile.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #2,305 of 3,854

What a crash by Alonso, climbed out and walk away unscathed thinking just another day at the office.

Bad first day back at the office for Ferrari! Seems like they screwed up their tyre strategy as well as blowing an engine. Good to see Alonso walk away yeah.

Mar 20, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #2,306 of 3,854
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Really good day for Ferrari I would say. Due to better clutch work they got a one two at the start and with everything keep going their way could steal a win but they where toast after the red flag. Pretty obvious Ferrari as always only have one driver and a support driver there is no surprise Kimi is "unlucky".  
Ferrari could gone for meds but I believe they just didn´t have any decent pace on that tire so they did the best they could sticking with softs. It didn´t really cost them anything.

Frustrating to see Sauber. They don´t really have any money to improve either.

Mar 20, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #2,307 of 3,854
Hmm, normal service is resumed 
biggrin.gif
 I guess it's a question of perspective. From mine, it was a key decision. Ferrari had track position and handed the initiative to Merc when they failed to switch to mediums during the red flag. I suppose it's a good day in that they seem to have better pace than last season, which bodes well for future races.

That Vettel / Raikkonen theory sounds slightly conspiratorial to me. Truly shocking. 
eek.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #2,308 of 3,854
I thought Palmer's debut was impressive, outperformed team mate Magnussen all weekend didn't crack when pressured by the TRs and didn't do anything stupid when finally overtaken. Pity there weren't any points left for him.

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #2,310 of 3,854
Exactly what do the early race leaders have to do to land a win?

IMO Vettel had that race, lost it to the red flag. Was 40s clear of Hamilton, and about 15s clear of Rosberg when the red flag hits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back