Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Feb 23, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #2,266 of 3,854
Interesting format. Will probably not change much but give an illusion it can :p

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #2,268 of 3,854
[COLOR=0000aa]The F1 Commission agreed to the introduction of a Driver of the Day award, to be implemented by the Commercial Rights Holder in conjunction with Formula 1 broadcasters, with the intention of driving greater fan engagement.

"Viewers will be encouraged to vote online for their "Driver of the Day" throughout a grand prix, with the winner to be announced as part of the race broadcast immediately following the conclusion of the race, when the driver will be presented with their prize."
[/COLOR]

I hope next year we can vote off drivers and team principles (or perhaps better, commercial rights holders and FIA presidents) throughout the season. A sort of a Dancing with the Stars in an Exorbitantly Priced Car type of thing.

:rolleyes:

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #2,270 of 3,854
The F1 Commission agreed to the introduction of a Driver of the Day award, to be implemented by the Commercial Rights Holder in conjunction with Formula 1 broadcasters, with the intention of driving greater fan engagement.

"Viewers will be encouraged to vote online for their "Driver of the Day" throughout a grand prix, with the winner to be announced as part of the race broadcast immediately following the conclusion of the race, when the driver will be presented with their prize."

I hope next year we can vote off drivers and team principles (or perhaps better, commercial rights holders and FIA presidents) throughout the season. A sort of a Dancing with the Stars in an Exorbitantly Priced Car type of thing.

rolleyes.gif

The thing is people the world over have already done that by turning off their TV's and avoiding the tracks.  Trying to make F1 more like wrestling is not going to do the trick. They need to look back at what was going on when the sport was growing in audience.

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #2,271 of 3,854
Mar 3, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #2,272 of 3,854
  http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10189756/ferrari-test-new-halo-device-in-winter-testing-at-barcelona

The shape of things to come?  I have to say I really am not thrilled with the concept here. One would think F1 could come up with a more elegant solution.

F1 is becoming so overly concerned with safety that its losing the excitement.  

Actually, that applies to all motorsports in general. Gone are the days where people would literally serve as barriers (Group B) and come the days of closed cockpits and halo's in F1.

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #2,273 of 3,854
  F1 is becoming so overly concerned with safety that its losing the excitement.  

Actually, that applies to all motorsports in general. Gone are the days where people would literally serve as barriers (Group B) and come the days of closed cockpits and halo's in F1.

F1 used to be a gladiator game. It´s a big reason the sport was popular like it or not people like the danger. Next step would be to run super slick and ultra fast good looking drones that would be safe see how popular it would be. Then they will realize how much people actually want people that put their lives on the line.

I know it´s supposed to be an open wheel series but a proper canopy would look cooler and meaner like the Prototypes in WEC :)

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #2,277 of 3,854
yeah winglets was pretty cool. But all aero is of evil though as a driver I love it. So easy to drive :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back