Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Aug 25, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #1,216 of 3,854
I'm not sure he crashed on purpose, rather that Nico could have backed off and avoided the incident but chose not to, and placed the onus on Lewis to move.

Aug 25, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #1,217 of 3,854

It may be that he sees his choice as either a) Nico is willing to hit Lewis to make a point, or b) Nico is incompetent and hit Lewis by accident, and prefers the former. 

Interesting spin on things.  Never really even though of that.  Trying to save face in a strange way.  We all have our pride in certain ways.

But no effing way, mate.  Tarnish his name with a, I did it on purpose to teach him a lesson.  What lesson was taught?  I'm not moving an inch, so come at me bro?  Eff me?  I'll eff you back.  That makes a lot more sense than, ooops I screwed up a bit so I better say I did it on purpose.  Yeah, cause they don't make mistakes ever...

Personally, I feel like Nico is just trying to win at all costs cause he's riding the high of being in his position right now.  He feels holier than thou.

Side note: not a Nico fan.

Aug 25, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #1,218 of 3,854
  Interesting spin on things.  Never really even though of that.  Trying to save face in a strange way.  We all have our pride in certain ways.

But no effing way, mate.  Tarnish his name with a, I did it on purpose to teach him a lesson.  What lesson was taught?  I'm not moving an inch, so come at me bro?  Eff me?  I'll eff you back.  That makes a lot more sense than, ooops I screwed up a bit so I better say I did it on purpose.  Yeah, cause they don't make mistakes ever...

Personally, I feel like Nico is just trying to win at all costs cause he's riding the high of being in his position right now.  He feels holier than thou.

Side note: not a Nico fan.

You're probably right, and I admit I don't see what point was being served by any supposed lesson. If Lewis had been racing dirty or trying to crowd him off track I could see it, but unless he's still really bent about Bahrain he's got nothing to complain about. I think either he did it by accident, or he did it on purpose to seal his championship; probably the former, as I don't really think he has it in him. But then I didn't think so at Monaco either, and and you know what they say...

Aug 25, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #1,219 of 3,854
He admitted to doing it on purpose, Hamilton went public with it and the team principles confirmed it. There is no guesswork here at all folks. The little princess had a hissy and took his teammate out of the race. On lap 2 for godsake.

What you don't seem to be getting is that when you go into the slums the whole grid starts to turn against you. You become the wildcard that no one wants around. It takes a boatload of pennance to recover from that and in the meantime you might just find that  it becomes a whole lot harder to work your way through the pack after a pit stop.

Sons of 80's champions seem to think they are invincible for some reason. Going to be a very interesting second half to the season.

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #1,220 of 3,854
  He admitted to doing it on purpose, Hamilton went public with it and the team principles confirmed it. There is no guesswork here at all folks. The little princess had a hissy and took his teammate out of the race. On lap 2 for godsake.

What you don't seem to be getting is that when you go into the slums the whole grid starts to turn against you. You become the wildcard that no one wants around. It takes a boatload of pennance to recover from that and in the meantime you might just find that  it becomes a whole lot harder to work your way through the pack after a pit stop.

Sons of 80's champions seem to think they are invincible for some reason. Going to be a very interesting second half to the season.

They confirmed what Lewis said was broadly accurate but it was misinterpreted

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/28925460

"Wolff insisted the meaning of Rosberg's comments during a private team meeting after the race had been misinterpreted.
Hamilton claimed that Rosberg said he had caused the incident "on purpose", adding: "He said he could have avoided it. He basically said: 'I did it to prove a point'."

Wolff explained: "They agreed to disagree in a very heated discussion amongst ourselves, but it wasn't deliberately crashing. That is nonsense."

"It was deliberately taking into account that if Lewis moves then it could end up in a crash."

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #1,221 of 3,854
"The FIA will now have to decide whether to investigate what was actually said in the meeting and whether Rosberg's decision not to take avoiding action effectively caused a collision, which is an offence under the F1 sporting regulations."

I read that as now Merc, in their best interest for Constructor's points is more or less trying sweep it under the rug. Bogus. Nico did what he did.

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #1,222 of 3,854
So McLaren have just posted this on their facebook page, Which F1 Driver Are You?

I got JB

Which McLaren Driver are you?

Wow, you’re a smooth one – and you make everything in life just seem effortless. Thing is, how much longer do you want to stay behind the wheel – a second career as a triathlete surely beckons?

Aug 27, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #1,224 of 3,854
Seems like I only got Button because I chose MP4-26 as my car. If I change that to any other choices, I'd get Prost (except for M23, in which case I'd get Fittipaldi).

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #1,227 of 3,854
Pointless poll you can easilly see which question is for which driver. Except for the model names I never remember those :)

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #1,228 of 3,854
So McLaren have just posted this on their facebook page...Wow, you’re a smooth one – and you make everything in life just seem effortless. Thing is, how much longer do you want to stay behind the wheel – a second career as a triathlete surely beckons?

The point is that McLaren is depicting Button as driver on his way out. (they are the ones who wrote that yes?)

It'd be a shame if Jenson's career ends this way, after giving five years to a massively under performing team.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #1,229 of 3,854

So McLaren have just posted this on their facebook page...Wow, you’re a smooth one – and you make everything in life just seem effortless. Thing is, how much longer do you want to stay behind the wheel – a second career as a triathlete surely beckons?  

The point is that McLaren is depicting Button as driver on his way out. (they are the ones who wrote that yes?)

It'd be a shame if Jenson's career ends this way, after giving five years to a massively under performing team.

Yeah the poll result for Button seem to suggest that they are going to dump JB. They actually have an unbelievably quick car in 2012, but its unreliability added by the unreliability of the pit crew threw Hamilton's chance for the title.

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #1,230 of 3,854
  So McLaren have just posted this on their facebook page, Which F1 Driver Are You?

I got my personal favorite, le Professeur. I'm not going to take it enough times to figure out how it's weighted, but I think the car is important. I tried to avoid guessing the answer outcomes
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back