Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Apr 22, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #932 of 3,854
That seemed like a quick race.

It was
beyersmile.png

Apr 22, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #933 of 3,854
Loved the team radio in that race. And I was glad to see Alonso back up on the podium. Feel bad for Kamui though.

My favourite part of the weekend was this:

My favorite moment of the weekend...

Pastor Maldonado crashing into pitlane wall in Free Practice 2.

"I Crash!" Yes you do... lol

just some friendly razzing...

Go McLaren? :confused:
:beerchug:

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #935 of 3,854
  I think Vettel once again showed himself as the pig he is.

Why? He is a racer in a racers mind nobody can ever go as fast as he can and you don´t want to give spots up because you aren´t racing to finish last. Every other racer in the F1 circuit is the same Vettel is just a bit more honest about it because he felt so safe with his team :)

He didn´t crash Riccardo out when he saw he was getting beaten that would be the piggy thing to do. He fought back all he could without risking anything but it was not much.

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #936 of 3,854

My favorite moment of the weekend...

Pastor Maldonado crashing into pitlane wall in Free Practice 2.

"I Crash!" Yes you do... lol
:beerchug:

Not only did Sky keep showing his inlapcrash in FP3 and Qualy, but also had to keep showing his own mechanics laughing at him. :D Love it!

But you have to admit it was pretty funny when Seb started complaining about Kamui unlapping himself.

May 1, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #938 of 3,854
May 1, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #940 of 3,854
But a few of non-driver have died (race marshals). Sadly no one seem to care about it..

May 2, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #943 of 3,854
  But a few of non-driver have died (race marshals). Sadly no one seem to care about it..

We just care about winners sad but true. 

May 2, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #944 of 3,854

We just care about winners sad but true. 

I find this slightly disingenuous. The drivers & teams all made special mention of the track worker who died in Montreal. De Villota likely died of complications resulting from her testing accident, but it was more than year after the actual accident occurred. The truth is people die everyday and they don't all get memorials and 20 year anniversary celebrations.

However, Senna was among the best in the world at what he did and he died at the peak of his career. After fighting, almost successfully, against vastly superior machinery for a few years, he finally managed to put himself into that machinery and then a few races later died, in a bizarre accident, on bizarre weekend filled with bizarre accidents and tragedy. F1 fans, including team owners and current drivers, are still filled with the sense of What If? If Senna hadn't died, Schumacher would almost certainly not have 7 titles to his name. Would Senna have more than three? How much further would he have been able to dominate a sport for which he had an inherent talent?

By the way, I was just this afternoon watching the 1994 qualifying - I was mapping rock formations in the mountains of Montana that weekend and have never watched the race or qualy before. Barichello's qualy crash is unbelievable. I am truly shocked that there weren't three fatalities that weekend. The way the marshall just shoves his car back onto it's wheels, and the way his head flops violently from side-side ... I am amazed he wasn't dead outright, or paralyzed for life.

May 2, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #945 of 3,854
By the way, I was just this afternoon watching the 1994 qualifying - I was mapping rock formations in the mountains of Montana that weekend and have never watched the race or qualy before. Barichello's qualy crash is unbelievable. I am truly shocked that there weren't three fatalities that weekend. The way the marshall just shoves his car back onto it's wheels, and the way his head flops violently from side-side ... I am amazed he wasn't dead outright, or paralyzed for life.

What's even more amazing is that Barichello seem to not care about the crash and drove the rest of his career quicker than ever. He doesn't seem to have any kind of trauma from the accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back