Formula 1 - Championship
Oct 19, 2007 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

omegaman

Headphoneus Supremus
Well its all down to the last race after a fantastic season. Will Hamilton hold on ? will Alonso snatch it ? or will Kimi sneak in the back door and take the prize ?

What are your thoughts ??????

I think Alonso and Hamilton will end up taking each other off and kimi will take it. I hope not I would love to see Hamilton win but there is no love lost in the Mclaren garage at the minute.

Oct 19, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #2 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope not I would love to see Hamilton win but there is no love lost in the Mclaren garage at the minute.

You mean Farrari garage right? Oh wait....
I hope Hamilton wins personally.

Oct 19, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 67
Hamilton is such a wuss..hate it when people start talking about him in the same context as Senna(the british press, BBC's Andrew Benson).
It shows poor character on Hamilton's part when he tries to manufacture news and sway public opinion by announcing that he would go visit Senna's grave as a tribute. What a phony he is.

This whole season has been a farce. If any of the McLaren drivers 'win' the title then it surely is a tainted one.
I am rooting for Kimi all the way.

Oct 19, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #4 of 67
I think about the whole cheating situation in the same way I think about the Patriots cheating thing, they were the ones that got caught. Not to say that it was right in either case but I wonder how many teams do it.

Oct 19, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hamilton is such a wuss..hate it when people start talking about him in the same context as Senna(the british press, BBC's Andrew Benson).
It shows poor character on Hamilton's part when he tries to manufacture news and sway public opinion by announcing that he would go visit Senna's grave as a tribute. What a phony he is.

This whole season has been a farce. If any of the McLaren drivers 'win' the title then it surely is a tainted one.
I am rooting for Kimi all the way.

Have to agree Hamilton is a long way from becoming a legend like Senna, Maybe 10 years down the line, We will have to see.

For me Senna was the greatest driver in my lifetime. People will go on about Shumacher but for me Senna was the man !!!!!!

Oct 19, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #7 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have to agree Hamilton is a long way from becoming a legend like Senna, Maybe 10 years down the line, We will have to see.

For me Senna was the greatest driver in my lifetime. People will go on about Shumacher but for me Senna was the man !!!!!!

Don't get me wrong.
Senna is a great great driver and a sportsman who played mind games on all his opponents. I was fortunate enough to start watching F1 in 1993 and see a few of his races.

But, he knew then that Schumacher would eventually beat him. He knew schumacher was going to go on to become a world champion eventually. The great thing about Senna is the fierce professionalism that he carried with him everywhere he went.
One thing he was not, was being able to build a team around him, build a car(he did help develop the NSX though) from the ground up. On the other hand Schumacher brought back Ferrari from the mid field(when Alesi and Berger were driving) and won them multiple championships. I am convinced that Ferrari domination would have continued if FIA had not brought in all those rule changes over the past few years(from 2002).

Simply put, one cannot compare the two men. I would be inclined to go ahead and say that both Senna and Schumi pale in comparison to Fangio. BUt such a comparison is not fair for either of the men.
They each are great sporting personalities with equal determination to win at all costs(both displayed this by knocking each other's oppositions out of the race to win the title).
Both had very private lives. Both were philanthropists(Schumi donated 10mil$ to the Tsunami victims, many times more than what most countries donated)

Ultimately, both are my top sporting idols along with Fangio, Giles, Jim Clark, Prost and Lauda.

Well, i have rattled on for a fair bit now with all the reminiscing. Time to see what's going on in Practice 2.
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #9 of 67
I hope Kimi can win the championship. He's come so close twice before. Maybe Hamilton will be penalized for using two sets of extreme wets in the first Friday practice session. They're investigating it right now.

Oct 19, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #10 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get me wrong.
Senna is a great great driver and a sportsman who played mind games on all his opponents. I was fortunate enough to start watching F1 in 1993 and see a few of his races.

But, he knew then that Schumacher would eventually beat him. He knew schumacher was going to go on to become a world champion eventually. The great thing about Senna is the fierce professionalism that he carried with him everywhere he went.
One thing he was not, was being able to build a team around him, build a car(he did help develop the NSX though) from the ground up. On the other hand Schumacher brought back Ferrari from the mid field(when Alesi and Berger were driving) and won them multiple championships. I am convinced that Ferrari domination would have continued if FIA had not brought in all those rule changes over the past few years(from 2002).

Simply put, one cannot compare the two men. I would be inclined to go ahead and say that both Senna and Schumi pale in comparison to Fangio. BUt such a comparison is not fair for either of the men.
They each are great sporting personalities with equal determination to win at all costs(both displayed this by knocking each other's oppositions out of the race to win the title).
Both had very private lives. Both were philanthropists(Schumi donated 10mil$ to the Tsunami victims, many times more than what most countries donated)

Ultimately, both are my top sporting idols along with Fangio, Giles, Jim Clark, Prost and Lauda.

Well, i have rattled on for a fair bit now with all the reminiscing. Time to see what's going on in Practice 2.
biggrin.gif

I wouldn't call it ratteling on , Its an interesing read. I agree with you in some of your points. Especially Fangio, that is why I wanted to put " in my lifetime " in my post.

I would have loved to see Senna and Shumacher race when they were both at there best, and sometimes I even think to myself that I prefer Senna because we will never know what he could have done.

I personally think the racing was better when Senna was around, We had Prost and Mansell on the scene all pushing each other and every race seemed to have lots of action.

Recently most of the overtaking is done in the pitlane, I still love the sport and I may be looking back with rose tinted glasses, but that was how I remember it.

Anyway I have rattled on now, If Hamilton gets docked for the tyres it will make it very interesting.

Oct 20, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #14 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by OptionTrader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hamilton escaped yet another penalty... What a surprise!

To be fair, Button and Sato also broke the same rule, and from what I understand, neither of them were punished either. McLaren, Honda, and Super Aguri were all penalized in the same way, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back