Formula 1 - Championship
Oct 21, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #61 of 67
Williams' Nico Rosberg and BMW-Sauber's Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld are under investigation for having fuel temperatures outside the acceptable temperature zone. If they're disqualified, that would make Lewis Hamilton the 2007 world champion.

Personally, I'd be gutted if they took this away from Kimi. He deserved to win more than any person out there. He made less mistakes than anybody else, and had more wins than anybody else. There was talk of Hamilton's title being tainted by the spy saga if he were to win the championship this year. I didn't really think it would be tainted then, but if he were to win because of this technicality, it would without a doubt be tainted. How can you take pride in winning something you shouldn't have won?

Hopefully there will be no action taken. I mean, the stewards did give Lewis a break even though he and his team violated the tire rules in the first Friday practice session. It would only be fair to give BMW and Williams a break (maybe just a fine or something).

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #64 of 67
The race stewards decided to take no action. After all, it'd be a shame if both championships were decided by beaurocracy. Kimi can party like a champ tonight. There's nothing left that can take it away now! Forza Kimi!

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #66 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats to Kimi! The stewards did the right thing though, what do they get maybe a handful of laps at higher efficiency with cooler fuel? Pretty irrelevant really.

Hopefully, but it looks like McLaren aren't ready to let this go. I really need to study and sleep for my stats exam tomorrow, but I can't stop checking for updates on this crap. I'm watching Wind Tunnel now to see what Peter Windsor has to say about it.

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #67 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by wes.coleman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefully, but it looks like McLaren aren't ready to let this go. I really need to study and sleep for my stats exam tomorrow, but I can't stop checking for updates on this crap. I'm watching Wind Tunnel now to see what Peter Windsor has to say about it.

Considering that Peter Windsor has fawned over little Lewis like a school girl all season, I can pretty much guess that he is rooting for an appeal to succeed. If Hamilton had driven well today I might agree, but he showed that even though he has been very good this year, he is not yet past the rookie mistake phase, or getting his head screwed by Alonso and others.

A_Sr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back