For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Mar 11, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #18,451 of 20,884
Now playing Sean Shibe-Profesion

now this guy can really play acoustic guitar probably some guitar virtuoso.

Akg K371-Ferrum Oor/Hypsos-Hugo2-DMP-A6

Mar 11, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #18,452 of 20,884
1710129236907.png

1710129440776.png

Tidal-->Roon-->Questyle CMA18 Portable-->Fir Audio Xenon 6
Outkast - Player's Ball (Remix Instrumental)
Kehlani Featuring Masego - Hate The Club
@Questyle I think I'm in Love!!! - Spaced Out Ethereal and melodious.

Mar 11, 2024 at 1:08 AM Post #18,453 of 20,884
@JAnonymous5150 added the Sublime album in a playlist to listen to down the line. Never heard it but scored high in my go to allmusic.com guide and i think they are usually spot on in there judgement. Should be interesting to see how I like them.

Also you reminded me of the modest mouse existence. I had the lonesome crowded west, moon and antarctica and good news for people who like bad news on cd around 2006. Now i haven't listened to them in about 10 years or so so i added them to my playlist of classic albums on Qobuz. Float on song was a hit it felt

T Rex totally classic indeed should add that to to classic album playlist to.

@Hypops Oneothrix point never is great indeed have been enjoying many great albums from them. The latest you mentioned i did listen to not to long ago.

Now enjoying and playing The Fauns-How lost. Nice synth pop. Seductive.

Akg K371-Ferrum Oor/Hypsos-Hugo2 DMP-A6

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 1:19 AM Post #18,454 of 20,884
@JAnonymous5150 added the Sublime album in a playlist to listen to down the line. Never heard it but scored high in my go to allmusic.com guide and i think they are usually spot on in there judgement. Should be interesting to see how I like them.

Also you reminded me of the modest mouse existence. I had the lonesome crowded west, moon and antarctica and good news for people who like bad news on cd around 2006. Now i haven't listened to them in about 10 years or so so i added them to my playlist of classic albums on Qobuz. Float on song was a hit it felt

T Rex totally classic indeed should add that to to classic album playlist to.

@Hypops Oneothrix point never is great indeed have been enjoying many great albums from them. The latest you mentioned i did listen to not to long ago.

Now enjoying and playing The Fauns-How lost. Nice synth pop. Seductive.

Akg K371-Ferrum Oor/Hypsos-Hugo2 DMP-A6

Sublime is a staple here in SoCal. Let me know what you think of them. Every indie fan should have some Modest Mouse in their collection. I had never heard of them until one of my fraternity brothers got us tickets to see them at the Greek Theater in Berkeley, CA for our birthday (we were born on the same day). The show was sick and I've been a fan ever since.

I'm glad I could help! Sounds like you're in for some fun. Happy listening! 👍😎

Mar 11, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #18,455 of 20,884
Time to do some more packing so I've switched back to IEMs. I'm going with my ThieAudio Prestige (OG) running off the Cayin N8ii for right now. I know the OG Prestige are a bit polarizing, but I actually enjoy them quite a bit. They remind me of a more refined TA Excalibur with their pretty unapologetic v-shaped tuning.

On deck in the queue is Paul Banks' 2012 solo effort, Banks (creative title, no?). Paul is the lead vocalist and primary songwriter for Interpol, one of my favorite bands. His solo material definitely has some shared sonic DNA with the Interpol stuff as far as the overall feel goes, but it's not as stripped down and experiments quite a bit more with sonic dissonance, acoustic guitar modalities, string accompaniments, and other sources that you won't find on Interpol albums. If I had to choose, I still prefer his work with Interpol, but thankfully I don't because I like his solo work too. I thought this was a solid solo comeback after his break concentrating on Interpol and his other project, Muzz.🤘😎

1200x1200bf-60-1.jpg

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #18,456 of 20,884
Koss KPH40 + Simgot DEW4X

Listened alot to Riverside some years back, didn't know about their 2023 album. Not their best release but good nonetheless.

Mar 11, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #18,457 of 20,884
Amazon Music Unlimited >> SMSL SU9 >> Schiit Asgard 3 >> Grado RS-1x

onagoldenshore.jpg

On A Golden Shore (2024) by The Hanging Stars - Released last Friday, this is their fifth album and I'm rather enjoying it. Their music is described as cosmic country and psychedelic folk, both of which fit quite well. Lots of twangy, jangly guitar and pedal steel in evidence and it all sounds very good through the Grados and never pushes them outside their comfort zone, it's almost like a trip back to the late 60's and early 70's with big hints of The Byrds and Flying Burrito Brothers. :darthsmile:

Mar 11, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #18,460 of 20,884
I went to catch a few waves at daybreak this morning. The waves were pretty mediocre, but it was fun to be back in the water and feeling invigorated. I'm actually at a friend's house now because he wanted to demo some gear from my collection so I'm on the Audeze LCD-4s running off his new Schiit Midgard with a Musician Draco decoding the USB out from my iBasso DX220.

Thanks to the recommendation of @YtseJamer I'm listening to InnerSpace's album entitled Rise. I'm only a couple tracks in so I don't have any real commentary or analysis, but I can say that I'm diggin' this album to the point that I'm going to purchase it and the other InnerSpace albums available on their Bandcamp page. This one's definitely worth a spin for any of my prog fans out there. 🤘😎

Good stuff! 👌 Thanks for the recommendation. 😊 The RS-1.5X buttons, are on duty for this one. 🎼🎧

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #18,461 of 20,884
Mind if I ask how you like the VSX? The concept is an interesting one, but how's the execution? Is the modeling well done?

I don't remember how these came to my attention, but I've never crossed paths with a user before so please excuse my curiosity. 👍😎
This a little long, feel free to PM me with any question in specific because i could talk about this forever.

Vsx is awesome if you are familiar with sitting in front high end monitoring(like genelecs or more expensive) studio monitors and you like the listening environment of a treated studio. It has correct height, depth, width, speaker sound and room sound for multiple different rooms. They are direct responses taken of the actual speakers in the actual studios.

As far as how well the modeling is done. It sounds real. Period. It sounds like speakers in front of me.

I am in touch with someone who works at one of the studios they modeled, and in an unassociated conversation, he mentioned he was working when Slate was there doing room responses. In his opinion, the Vsx of the room sounds dead on. For reference, he is refering to a room he has worked in for years and this came up after i already owned the product. Definitely not sales bs.

Also, i run it systemwide on a plugin slot of my monitor controller, but it can be run systemwide on anything with included software for windows or mac.

If you are a musician, someone who makes music, or just need to reference how something sounds in a lot of environments, these save time. Vsx also has several cars, boombox, iphone, several nightclubs, a dynaudio audiophile home setup, and modeling of all the headphones you'd have in a traditional music working environment. So instead of printing a mix and listening in all these places, you click a button.

It's not for everyone, but i took the chance because Slate has kick ass customer service and a pretty solid guarantee. They also continually improve their modeling and add rooms, and for the platinum version of vsx...these updates are free forever. They are like 500 bucks.

I still keep and use my Lcd-x as a final check/microscope of what something sounds like. Vsx seems to be what im using 80 precent of the time when working or listening for fun.

I don't jump around to different rooms as the room modeling is accurate enough where it's disorienting. Its best to take about 5 to 10 second pause in between switching rooms when auditioning them. I tend to listen on one room as a refrence, a second room for checks, the suv to check bass ahead or behind of kick thump, the boombox and the iphone for realworld checks. Vsx has 5 quick load buttons you can assign.

Fewer to no revisions at work and the only reason why I've never reviewed or discussed them here...even i am uncomfortable at how real these sound at reproducing something that i was trying to experience by buying a lot of different really expensive headphones, that for 500 bucks vsx just poops on. I don't think people who have invested like 5k on a top dog headphone want to hear that a 500 dollar one does it bettter.

Anyhoo...happy to discuss it further in PM as i can already feel angry audiophiles gathering the torches n pitchforks!

Mar 11, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #18,462 of 20,884
This a little long, feel free to PM me with any question in specific because i could talk about this forever.

Vsx is awesome if you are familiar with sitting in front high end monitoring(like genelecs or more expensive) studio monitors and you like the listening environment of a treated studio. It has correct height, depth, width, speaker sound and room sound for multiple different rooms. They are direct responses taken of the actual speakers in the actual studios.

As far as how well the modeling is done. It sounds real. Period. It sounds like speakers in front of me.

I am in touch with someone who works at one of the studios they modeled, and in an unassociated conversation, he mentioned he was working when Slate was there doing room responses. In his opinion, the Vsx of the room sounds dead on. For reference, he is refering to a room he has worked in for years and this came up after i already owned the product. Definitely not sales bs.

Also, i run it systemwide on a plugin slot of my monitor controller, but it can be run systemwide on anything with included software for windows or mac.

If you are a musician, someone who makes music, or just need to reference how something sounds in a lot of environments, these save time. Vsx also has several cars, boombox, iphone, several nightclubs, a dynaudio audiophile home setup, and modeling of all the headphones you'd have in a traditional music working environment. So instead of printing a mix and listening in all these places, you click a button.

It's not for everyone, but i took the chance because Slate has kick ass customer service and a pretty solid guarantee. They also continually improve their modeling and add rooms, and for the platinum version of vsx...these updates are free forever. They are like 500 bucks.

I still keep and use my Lcd-x as a final check/microscope of what something sounds like. Vsx seems to be what im using 80 precent of the time when working or listening for fun.

I don't jump around to different rooms as the room modeling is accurate enough where it's disorienting. Its best to take about 5 to 10 second pause in between switching rooms when auditioning them. I tend to listen on one room as a refrence, a second room for checks, the suv to check bass ahead or behind of kick thump, the boombox and the iphone for realworld checks. Vsx has 5 quick load buttons you can assign.

Fewer to no revisions at work and the only reason why I've never reviewed or discussed them here...even i am uncomfortable at how real these sound at reproducing something that i was trying to experience by buying a lot of different really expensive headphones, that for 500 bucks vsx just poops on. I don't think people who have invested like 5k on a top dog headphone want to hear that a 500 dollar one does it bettter.

Anyhoo...happy to discuss it further in PM as i can already feel angry audiophiles gathering the torches n pitchforks!

Interesting. Thanks for the rundown, bro! 👍🤘😎

Mar 11, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #18,464 of 20,884
Back to Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro after having rotated Neumann NDH-30/Sennheiser HD660S2 for a couple of months, DT1990 Pro do sound more "impressive" than both sound is not as wide as from a planar but boy is it punchy. The Beyers are the lively ones ...

Running on SMSL SH-6 which does the job admirably despite being cheap and chinese :)

Screenshot 2024-03-11 183601.png

Mar 11, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #18,465 of 20,884
Finishing packing up the last few things before I head out tonight so, of course, I'm having a little sesh while I do. I'm running the 64Audio A18t CIEMs from the Cayin N8ii in tube mode. The 64Audio IEMs take to the tube mode quite nicely if you match the Apex Module to the situation. With the m12 module in the A18t and the NuTubes running on the N8ii you get a really nice euphonic effect that's a pleasure to listen to.

On deck in the queue is Syncatto's release from February, Fiction. These guys are very much in the same vein as artists like Polyphia, The Omnific, etcetera and they're definitely amongst the best at that sound. I was stoked when I heard that they were gonna be putting out a new album late-ish last year and the anticipation built from there. Sometimes that can lead to a big letdown if the album doesn't justify the buildup, but Fiction didn't disappoint. The production quality is great and the musicianship, particularly the execution of the technical side of playing, is on point. I highly recommend any fans of good music give this one a spin! 🤘😎

P.S. If you like what you hear, you should also check out the rest of their catalog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back