For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Feb 22, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #17,807 of 20,233
Once again, I'm pulling vampire hours so I've got to start winding down before the sun comes up. That makes this a perfect time to show my ZMF Verite Closed some love. I'll be running them off the Schiit Lyr (70s Reflektor 6n23p tubes) with the Modi Multibit 2 decoding the optical output from a Wiim Mini.

Up next in the queue is a perfect album for closing your eyes and letting your mind wander: Apocalyptica's Live in Helsinki Saint John's Church. Since this was released in November I have listened to it a handful of times on various transducers. I have to say, they got incredible sound quality for this being recorded live in a large church setting with high ceilings and a lot of reverberation and reflection to deal with. I think it's amazing what we can do with live sound recordings these days and as a guy who loves a good live album, I'm totally diggin' it. The VCs make cellos (and pretty much all strings really) sound so luscious without being excessively warm so they're really the perfect pair of closed backs to listen to this with. I highly recommend both the album and the VCs. 😉😎

91+jeCFMxlL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
Nice

Feb 22, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #17,808 of 20,233
Hidisz MP145 + Hiby R8 II

https://tidal.com/album/327515895

1000025435.jpg

Feb 22, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #17,809 of 20,233
IMG_6654.jpeg
Bat For Lashes - Lost Girls

Really great 80’s synth pop revival album. Her new single was quite different from this, came across this morning but this album hits the right vibes today.

Szalayi / RU7 / Qobuz

Feb 22, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #17,811 of 20,233
Sony IER-Z1R
Spring is breaking out and Chord released a firmware update for Poly this morning making this a mandatory update and IER day.
Good job by Chord as the update was fast and problem free. The Poly/Mojo 2 combination is vastly improved from a stability & ease of use perspective since the Mojo 2 hit the market.
Love the phenomenal build quality of the Z1R but they lack low end... so I move deeper into my rat nest of gear. First, Sony XBA-05, later will be the XBA-H3. All dusted off and ready for spring time portability.
Bob Marley One Love soundtrack serves up the reminder that newer, costlier kit, doesn't always result in the happiness that hanging onto to the old stuff delivers.

IEMs.jpg

Feb 22, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #17,812 of 20,233
Sony IER-Z1R
Spring is breaking out and Chord released a firmware update for Poly this morning making this a mandatory update and IER day.
Good job by Chord as the update was fast and problem free. The Poly/Mojo 2 combination is vastly improved from a stability & ease of use perspective since the Mojo 2 hit the market.
Love the phenomenal build quality of the Z1R but they lack low end... so I move deeper into my rat nest of gear. First, Sony XBA-05, later will be the XBA-H3. All dusted off and ready for spring time portability.
Bob Marley One Love soundtrack serves up the reminder that newer, costlier kit, doesn't always result in the happiness that hanging onto to the old stuff delivers.

IEMs.jpg
Lack of low end on the Z1R could be the tips you are using

Feb 22, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #17,814 of 20,233
IMG_6656.jpeg

Versus the Mirror - Home

A unique posthardcore/screamo album that doesn’t utilize distorted guitars at all, and was recorded on vintage gear. They deserved to get much larger than they did, I actually saw Portugal. The Man open for this band when I was like 15 lol. Wild!

Szalayi / RU7 / local FLAC files

Feb 22, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #17,815 of 20,233
IMG_6656.jpeg

Versus the Mirror - Home

A unique posthardcore/screamo album that doesn’t utilize distorted guitars at all, and was recorded on vintage gear. They deserved to get much larger than they did, I actually saw Portugal. The Man open for this band when I was like 15 lol. Wild!

Szalayi / RU7 / local FLAC files

Oooh! Sounds intriguing. I'm gonna have to check this one out later on. Thanks for the rec!

Feb 22, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #17,818 of 20,233
Oooh! Sounds intriguing. I'm gonna have to check this one out later on. Thanks for the rec!
The vocals are a little samey but I love the flow, and he was very entertaining on stage so I can excuse it a little lol. Boy Gets What He Wants and Smoke It To The Rope are the jams.

Feb 22, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #17,819 of 20,233

Users who are viewing this thread

Back