For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Mar 1, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #11,176 of 21,404
Tazzy is short for the Sony TA-ZH1ES. Sony is a joke when it comes to names...great DAC, horrible name, so a lot of owners, we just call it the taz or tazzy. Stack is just that and the amp I mentioned in concert.

Thanks for the explanation!

Mar 1, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #11,177 of 21,404
JRiver Media Center (PC) > SMSL SU9 > SMSL SH9 > Denon AH-D7200

smokinhearts&brokenguns.jpg

Smokin' Hearts & Broken Guns by Shaman's Harvest - This is the band's 5th studio album and was released in 2014. One of the highlights of this band are the powerful vocals which makes it all the more impressive, that singer Nathan Hunt, was receiving treatment for throat cancer during the recording of the album. They are labelled as alternative metal, which I can't see myself, they have a heavy rock side yes but they also have a side that dips into Americana but what can't be denied is that they have a very distinctive sound. There are some great songs on the album, including a killer version of Dirty Diana but my personal favourite is Hero.
Back to the SMSL stack tonight and chose the Denons to caress my ears with sweet mids and bass. :darthsmile:

Mar 1, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #11,178 of 21,404
This morning I have the 64Audio A12t plugged into my Cayin N8ii.

I bought Karcius' Live in France album like a week or two ago when someone rec'd them on this thread. I'm drawing a blank as to who, but thanks again for turning me on to these guys. Anyways, this is the last of their discography that I haven't gotten my ears on yet. Looking at the track list, I'm pretty stoked to hear how this goes. I have the hi-res version from Qobuz queued up and ready to roll.

To those who are about to rock, I salute you! 🤘😎

a0586521479_65.jpeg

Mar 1, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #11,180 of 21,404
Loving the recent Gorillaz album. It shows more invention than many bands do over the course of a career.

lcd-x < mojo2 < fiio m11

cover.jpg

Mar 1, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #11,181 of 21,404
After reflashing my DI-20 I'm hearing things in songs I never heard before despite listening to them hundreds of times. Rocking out to an old Doobie Bros album. Superb!

Tidal -> Node 2i -> coax -> DI-20 -> coax -> RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> RCA -> V280 -> balanced -> HE6SE V2 -> skull (unbalanced)

This is one of their most unknown and underrated records. Their musicianship and out-of-the-box writing is remarkable. I listen to this now after almost 50 years and can't believe what they were doing. I Cheat The Hangman/Précis is amazing in its variety. I mean Conte and Pete Candoli on trumpets with stinging solos! How about Slat Key Soquel Rag? But so much music back then was like that and we just sort of took it for granted.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #11,183 of 21,404
This is one of their most unknown and underrated records. Their musicianship and out-of-the-box writing is remarkable. I listen to this now after almost 50 years and can't believe what they were doing. I Cheat The Hangman is amazing in its variety. I mean Conte and Pete Candoli on trumpets with stinging solos! How about Slat Key Soquel Rag? But so much music back then was like that and we just sort of took it for granted.
Yes, I find all of their early albums incredible. The recordings were superb even by today's standards. I think I have all their albums through 1980 on vinyl, CD, and most of those on SACD also.

Look at the lineup, some great names here including even Curtis Mayfield! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stampede_(The_Doobie_Brothers_album)

If you haven't heard the self-titled first studio album, check out the musicianship and recording on that. Great stuff!

Mar 1, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #11,184 of 21,404

Mar 1, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #11,185 of 21,404
Loving the recent Gorillaz album. It shows more invention than many bands do over the course of a career.

lcd-x < mojo2 < fiio m11

cover.jpg
Joining in with A90 Discrete + T1 Gen 2 (Dekoni Elite Velour Pads for extra warmth) :beerchug: Cheers

Mar 1, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #11,186 of 21,404
So my new HD660S arrived a little earlier, and oh my ...

I really like my Monolith M1570, but these new Sennheisers are just so approachable. There may be a new sheriff in town. I've got some listening to do.

Screenshot_20230301-182406-725.png

Mar 1, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #11,187 of 21,404
Drop+DCA Aeon Closed X >> Schiit Magni 3+ >> Modi Multibit 2 >> Laptop/Qobuz

Currently listening to Isobar's third album creatively entitled Isobar III. Bet you can't guess what their first two were called? 😉 Anyways, just low key, but fun music to kick back to. They have a loy of different stylistic influences and use tons of different sounds and textures so it can be cool to let your ears just explore whats going on as it happens. The production on their albums does a good job highlighting this particular aspect of their music.

a2518141174_10.jpg

Mar 1, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #11,188 of 21,404
Ripples<mojo2<fiio m11

Always liked Macy Gray and this is the binaural version of the album.

Will listen to regular version later for comparison.

download.jpeg

Mar 1, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #11,189 of 21,404
Drop+DCA Aeon Closed X >> Schiit Magni 3+ >> Modi Multibit 2 >> Laptop/Qobuz

Currently listening to Isobar's third album creatively entitled Isobar III. Bet you can't guess what their first two were called? 😉 Anyways, just low key, but fun music to kick back to. They have a loy of different stylistic influences and use tons of different sounds and textures so it can be cool to let your ears just explore whats going on as it happens. The production on their albums does a good job highlighting this particular aspect of their music.

a2518141174_10.jpg
… it could have been IIIsobar … 😜

Mar 1, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #11,190 of 21,404

Users who are viewing this thread

Back