For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Nov 11, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #8,567 of 20,545
Nov 11, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #8,568 of 20,545
Nov 11, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #8,569 of 20,545
JRiver Media Center (PC) > Schiit Modi Multibit > Schiit Vali 2 > Sennheiser HD650

bloodharmony.jpg

Blood Harmony by Larkin Poe - New album day for the Lovell sisters and I'm liking what I'm hearing. It's not up to Venom and Faith standards but it's still quite tasty, it's got a couple of poppy throwaways but there is some serious music in there too. My favourite so far (3 play throughs) is the final track, Lips As Cold As Diamond, it's a throwback to their blues roots and is extremely sparse and atmospheric and one I know I'll never grow tired of listening to. The Senns and my mini schiit stack got the nod as this is a tone overdose from Rebecca's powerful vocals and Meghan's singing lap steel guitar. :L3000:

Nov 11, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #8,570 of 20,545

Sennheiser HD600 < Violectric HPA V90 < Topping D50s < Foobar 2000

Nov 11, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #8,571 of 20,545
Right now, with my preferred Rage's album- XIII-:

After it, I'll go to listen to their cooperation with the Prague Symphonic Orchestra, Lingua Mortis:

When I lived with my parents, my father heard this song from my room and asked me to lend him the album to use this particular song for a presentation of a project (he managed a museum) :slight_smile:

Nov 11, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #8,572 of 20,545
When does the jam sesh start?!?! I call the sticks! 🤘😎
If we’d had you on the drum kit, we might not have broken up for good in 2011 - but that’s a whole ‘Behind the Music’ story for another time and place.
By "we" I was trying to reference that subset of discerning music aficionados who are Bruce fans :)

"Bruce Tramps" if you like

"We" love Brooooooce :)
Yes, discernment is a Fanboy’s defining characteristic. 😂
I love a covers album, from Bowie's Pin Ups to McCartney's Russian album.

There is something special when talented musicians share their passions. (it's not karaoke, I repeat, it's not karaoke... oh nevermind )
Me too. May I suggest that you try the Holly Cole album Temptation - 100% Tom Waits covers, in jazz trio format, sung in Holly’s smoky temptress voice instead of Tom’s trademark sandpaper on gravel. Her jazz trio/quartet arrangements make plain some of the previously hidden beauty of the originals, and the SQ is just about as good as it gets.

Enjoy!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #8,573 of 20,545
Cannot abide Tom Waits. Charlatan wannabe poser who mistakes gravelly voice for authenticity. Best thing he ever did was his bit part in Short Cuts & then it was meh.

But thanks for the suggestion. Will check it out.

😁😁😁

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #8,575 of 20,545
Cannot abide Tom Waits. Charlatan wannabe poser who mistakes gravelly voice for authenticity. Best thing he ever did was his bit part in Short Cuts & then it was meh.

But thanks for the suggestion. Will check it out.

😁😁😁
A Bruce Springsteen fan calling Tom Waits a charlatan wannabe. Now THAT’s funny. Even your boy Bruce would strenuously disagree with you on that one. But, you went there. I’ll let your post speak for itself.

Nov 11, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #8,576 of 20,545
3 people in the whole world who dislike Bruce, all on the same forum!

Don't tell me the odds. :)
I don't dislike him at all. I just Loathe most of his music. 🤪 I'm sure there are plenty more people on this forum who feel the same way. Remember, this is just one thread. Maybe this subject deserves it's own poll. 🤔

Nov 11, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #8,577 of 20,545
3 people in the whole world who dislike Bruce, all on the same forum!

Don't tell me the odds. :)
You don’t hang around with a lot of musicians, do you?

I think you may be confusing popularity with quality or, worse yet, thinking popularity signifies quality, especially in music. It’s usually quite the opposite.

Go listen to Bruce’s cover of Jersey Girl and enjoy yourself.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #8,578 of 20,545
A Bruce Springsteen fan calling Tom Waits a charlatan wannabe. Now THAT’s funny. Even your boy Bruce would strenuously disagree with you on that one. But, you went there. I’ll let your post speak for itself.
Yes, it was meant to be funny

and yet true

Nov 11, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #8,579 of 20,545
Nov 11, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #8,580 of 20,545
You don’t hang around with a lot of musicians, do you?
Nope. Don't hang out with a lot of bakers either, but I know a good egg custard when I taste one.

I bet Bruce makes a wonderful egg custard. Not like Tom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back