For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Aug 23, 2022 at 1:41 AM Post #6,183 of 21,375
JRiver MC (PC) SMSL SU9 > SMSL SH9 > Beyerdynamic DT1990 pro

feeleuphoria.jpg

Feel Euphoria by Spock's Beard - still on my playthrough, currently on 7/13 and the first post Neal Morse album. Drummer, Nick D'Virgilio took over the vocals, which are still excellent. The compositions though are very different and don't have that EPIC feel of those written by NM.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 1:49 AM Post #6,184 of 21,375
Grado Hemp <-- Hagerman Tuba (Philips EL84 Silver Flashing) <-- Rockna Wavelight <-- Aurender N100

R-20231599-1631639101-6518.jpg
@David222 one of albums that you just want to listen and never stop on Rockna WL IMHO no matter which filter you select. I prefer Minimum or Linear but both Hybird and NOS have their unique charm too. Congrats on great selection. I also think that mastering is brilliant on this album.

Aug 23, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #6,186 of 21,375
@David222 one of albums that you just want to listen and never stop on Rockna WL IMHO no matter which filter you select. I prefer Minimum or Linear but both Hybird and NOS have their unique charm too. Congrats on great selection. I also think that mastering is brilliant on this album.
I love this album, beautiful folk music.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #6,190 of 21,375
JRiver MC (PC) SMSL SU9 > SMSL SH9 > Beyerdynamic DT1990 pro

Feel Euphoria by Spock's Beard - still on my playthrough, currently on 7/14 and the first post Neal Morse album. Drummer, Nick D'Virgilio took over the vocals, which are still excellent. The compositions though are very different and don't have that EPIC feel of those written by NM.
You are correct about being very different. It's good but not great. The title song rocks though. 🎼

Aug 23, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #6,191 of 21,375
You are correct about being very different. It's good but not great. The title song rocks though. 🎼
I find the Nick D'Virgilio led phase to be by far the weakest of the three, the songs for the most part are quite ordinary, there's a huge uptick back to the glories of the Neal Morse years when Ted Leonard takes over.

Aug 23, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #6,194 of 21,375

Yes, agree! I am just starting to play around with the filters -- so far been mostly back/forth with Linear vs. Hybrid. Will have to check minimum as well. So much to tinker with :wink:

Aug 23, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #6,195 of 21,375
Thanks I'm tuned in to some classical now too...

The Well Tempered Clavier : Johann Sebestian Bach, Lang Lang
Beautiful. That album contains just a "snippet" of Lang Lang playing J.S. Bach. His 2020 release of the Goldberg Variations on Deutsche Grammophon, recorded both in studio and live, is very worthwhile as well. Just got my ZMF Auteur back after update to Classic and plan to give this a listen:
Cover Art (AMG).jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back