For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Jan 31, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #10,501 of 21,430
Wow, I haven't seen or heard En Vogue in a loooooong time. I remember being a youngster and my older sister playing one of their albums and particularly one song (can't remember which off the top of my head) over and over again. I got my first pair of closed back shortly thereafter because my K501s couldn't block it out no matter how high I turned it up lol! 😂

Thanks for the trip dowb memory lane. I might just have to listen to them next. 👍
Depending on the year... If it was 97 ...It's on the Set It Off Soundtrack. Don't Let Go (Love)...Really and truly their entire Discography is Fire!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #10,502 of 21,430
1675145315953.png

Tidal-->Roon-->TEAC UD-505-->Empire Ears Legend Evo
Loose Ends - You Can't Stop The Rain

I will love this song until the end of all time.

Jan 31, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #10,503 of 21,430
Depending on the year... If it was 97 ...It's on the Set It Off Soundtrack. Don't Let Go (Love)...

I'm amazed that you nailed it! That's crazy! The time frame was right so I pulled it up on Qobuz and that was the song. I have to ask, how did you know?!?! 😳😂

Jan 31, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #10,504 of 21,430
I'm amazed that you nailed it! That's crazy! The time frame was right so I pulled it up on Qobuz and that was the song. I have to ask, how did you know?!?! 😳😂
That song was the jam that year. But It's also the last song/album (EV3) they did as a quartet. After that they went their separate ways and there was that whole Lucy Pearl thing that never quite took off....That is Criminal in itself. Just imagine a band that is the best parts of A Tribe Called Quest, En Vogue, and Tony! Toni! Tone! releasing 1 album and never working together again.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #10,505 of 21,430
Moved to the Drop+DCA Aeon Closed X and I have them plugged into the same OG Lyr/MMB2 stack being fed by Qobuz and my laptop.

After my brief En Vogue intermission ended (lol 😂) I went back to my regular queue and fired up some Mother's Cake. Specifically, their 2012 album, Creation's Finest. A fun album full of cool riffs, punchy kick drums, and funky basslines, this album is definitely one that I highly recommend you fellas and ladies (can't forget the Jadas among us) check out.

a2078843675_65.jpeg

Jan 31, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #10,506 of 21,430
That song was the jam that year. But It's also the last song/album (EV3) they did as a quartet. After that they went their separate ways and there was that whole Lucy Pearl thing that never quite took off....That is Criminal in itself. Just imagine a band that is the best parts of A Tribe Called Quest, En Vogue, and Tony! Toni! Tone! releasing 1 album and never working together again.

That sounds worth a lookup too. Thanks for the rec!

Jan 31, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #10,507 of 21,430
That's one to play while listening to your Expanse/GS-X Mini. Something about that combination and R&B is righteous.

Jan 31, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #10,509 of 21,430
That's one to play while listening to your Expanse/GS-X Mini. Something about that combination and R&B is righteous.

Aww, don't remind me how much I miss them. The custom flight/road cases I ordered for the Expanse, Stealth, and my GS-X Mini/Gustard R26 got delayed and weren't ready when I had to leave, so I'm workin' without the big guns. I still have some good gear with me, but I'll save it in a playlist to listen to when I make it back to my best gear.

P.S. I'm still marvelling at you nailing that song. I hadn't heard it since I was like 11 or 12 back then, I referenced it vaguely, and you just pull the correct song out of nowhere. It was like watching one of those TV psychics hustle the audience lol! 😂😎

Jan 31, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #10,510 of 21,430
Aww, don't remind me how much I miss them. The custom flight/road cases I ordered for the Expanse, Stealth, and my GS-X Mini/Gustard R26 got delayed and weren't ready when I had to leave, so I'm workin' without the big guns. I still have some good gear with me, but I'll save it in a playlist to listen to when I make it back to my best gear.

P.S. I'm still marvelling at you nailing that song. I hadn't heard it since I was like 11 or 12 back then, I referenced it vaguely, and you just pull the correct song out of nowhere. It was like watching one of those TV psychics hustle the audience lol! 😂😎
🤣🤣 Man it's a strange gift to have a slightly eidetic memory and a deep reverence for music. Music haunts me.. I'll think about Random songs heard once years ago.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #10,511 of 21,430
🤣🤣 Man it's a strange gift to have a slightly eidetic memory and a deep reverence for music. Music haunts me.. I'll think about Random songs heard years ago once.

Dude, I just looked at the link in your sponsor tag and I'm definitely gonna have to make it by your store next time I'm in Vegas. I think I may have even seen it when trying to find the In-n-Out, but that could also just be a confused memory. Either way, it looks like you've got a cool business and I love supporting hifi and headphone shops with physical "brick and mortar" locations. Such a great resource for the community to have. Keep fighting the good fight, man!

Jan 31, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #10,513 of 21,430
Audeze MM-500<--Neotech UPOCC 4x 22 AWG solid core copper cable<--DakiOm F273 Feedback Stabilizer<--Schiit LYR 3|LISST<--Neotech UPOCC RCA interconnects<--Tritium Tri-Phazer 2.0<--Cardas XLR-to-RCA adapter<--Gustard X18 [NOS]<--Uptone USPCB|W4S Recovery|USB Disruptor<--AQ Jitterbug|iFi iSilencer+<--Lenovo G-50|qobuz:

1675126519717.png
@pataburd I see you are listening with MM-500. Can you elaborate a bit about how they sound especially with this kind of albums please? A line about difference between Focal Clears would be nice too :wink: Thanks in advance.

Jan 31, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #10,514 of 21,430
JRiver Media Center (PC) > SMSL SU9 > SMSL SH9 > Denon AH-D7200

onemorefromtheroad.jpg

One More From The Road by Lynyrd Skynyrd - Classic live Skynyrd from Atlanta, Georgia in 1976. I wore out the original vinyl double album, it must have stayed on my deck for months. This is the 1996 CD release and it's got them all, Sweet Home Alabama, Free Bird, Saturday Night Special, Tuesday's gone, etc, but my favourite is a great performance of Simple Man. It broke my heart when the plane crashed and put an end to the band, at least temporarily, such a waste of life and huge talent. It was years before I could listen to the resurrected Skynyrd, with Johnny Van Zandt, Ronnie's brother, on vocals, it just didn't feel right, even though it was 14 years later and the world had moved on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back