For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Jul 20, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #5,461 of 20,711
JRiver MC (PC) > SMSL SU9 > SMSL SH9 > Grado SR325X :heart_eyes:

theplaceyourein.jpg

The Place You're In by Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Had to be the Grados as it's too damned hot in my apartment to wear any over-ears :L3000:

Jul 20, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #5,463 of 20,711
Screenshot_20220720-081758_Amazon Music.jpg
Fabulous Album, No Doubt. Might I say a Classic?
The wife and I played in a band in the South Beach Miami club scene in the 90's. We performed several of the songs off Tragic Kingdom. This album brings back some memories I'll forever treasure. The Bassist is quite good.
K340 Electrostat - Dynamic System < Luxman R-113 < Loxjie D30 < Amazon Music HD.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #5,464 of 20,711
Sorry man, there are a lot of greybeards on here. We never forget anything except to pay the phone bill :wink:

The album cover made me feel like I'm gonna... I'm gonna.... aagfhagfhagfha :D

Hysterical! And right on the money as usual!
I’m mostly with @gimmeheadroom on this one, except he said it much more nicely than I ever would. Lots of great headphones, not so much interesting music on this thread. I mean, Tapestry was (is) a great album, so is Physical Graffiti, but we were done with them 40 years ago. Certainly don’t need megabuck headphone systems to hear them now. It’s like my DeadHead friends who know nothing but Grateful Dead. Sure, I love my Dead, but put on a Thelonius Monk album once in a while, for Pete’s sake - broaden your horizons! Everyone knows Boston was corporate, artless junk when it came out in 1975; it doesn’t deserve high end treatment now!!

Whatever, just being curmudgeonly. I apologize. To each his/her/their own. Listen to whatever gets your boat afloating’. No judgment from me. So it goes…

YMMV, Just my $.02, etc., etc., etc.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #5,465 of 20,711
I’m mostly with @gimmeheadroom on this one, except he said it much more nicely than I ever would. Lots of great headphones, not so much interesting music on this thread. I mean, Tapestry was (is) a great album, so is Physical Graffiti, but we were done with them 40 years ago. Certainly don’t need megabuck headphone systems to hear them now. It’s like my DeadHead friends who know nothing but Grateful Dead. Sure, I love my Dead, but put on a Thelonius Monk album once in a while, for Pete’s sake - broaden your horizons! Everyone knows Boston was corporate, artless junk when it came out in 1975; it doesn’t deserve high end treatment now!!

Whatever, just being curmudgeonly. I apologize. To each his/her/their own. Listen to whatever gets your boat afloating’. No judgment from me. So it goes…

Blasphemy! I happened to like Boston's first two albums (and "Walk On"). Tom Stolz fought against the corporate machine, even re-recording the first album in his basement.

Jul 20, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #5,466 of 20,711
Blasphemy! I happened to like Boston's first two albums (and "Walk On"). Tom Stolz fought against the corporate machine, even re-recording the first album in his basement.
I’m not saying it wasn’t a fun album (the first one; g-d knows, and you know I suppose, what there is to like about the second one 😜), just not breaking any new musical ground. My opinion. Not the gospel, and I am NOT Caesar’s wife. If you like it - spin away. Don’t listen to my old man’s rant.

In any event, I violated the cardinal rule - I really do not mean to question anyone else’s taste in music. Rather, my intent is to get people to listen to music they might not be as familiar with but might enjoy. I expressed it rather poorly and for that I apologize. I’m on my way this morning to get my elderly father discharged to hospice after 10 days in the hospital, so I’m crankier than usual, and also, therefore, giving myself a pass. This one time.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #5,467 of 20,711
I’m not saying it wasn’t a fun album (the first one; g-d knows, and you know I suppose, what there is to like about the second one 😮), just not breaking any new musical ground. My opinion. Not the gospel, and I am NOT Caesar’s wife. If you like it - spin away. Don’t listen to my old man’s rant.
…just Caesar’s apparition…😳:
77DD2DEB-EC54-49C1-B168-6C0F2A5171A7.jpeg

Jul 20, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #5,468 of 20,711
Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #5,469 of 20,711
…IT* doesn’t deserve high end treatment now (or at any time) !!
* IT equals: Captain & Tenille, Ray Coniff Orchestra, Paul Anka, Brasil 66/77/88, Bobby Goldsboro (the crappiest song of all: Honey [1968]),….

Fellow thread-fiers, feel free to add to this list of undeservings 😉.

Jul 20, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #5,470 of 20,711
* IT equals: Captain & Tenille, Ray Coniff Orchestra, Paul Anka, Brasil 66/77/88, Bobby Goldsboro (the crappiest song of all: Honey [1968]),….

Fellow thread-fiers, feel free to add to this list of undeservings 😉.
I have to remember to read this thread on an empty stomach. You guys are really pushin' it! :D

Jul 20, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #5,471 of 20,711
You quoted me before I finished rewriting/editing my apology, but thank you for approaching my bad manners with your usual good humor, @jonathan c.✌🏼

I call B.S. on the bad manners comment. We're all friends here, you have nothing to apologize for.

I wish I could say the same for @jonathan c post regarding Captain & Tenille, etc. :p

My reaction was the title to this track

1658328864820.png

And now, payback time:

1658328979100.png

Jul 20, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #5,474 of 20,711

No offense but $.02 dosen't buy much with today's inflation rate. 😃
My thoughts 🤔
Music is alot like food. Some like it spicey and some not. Some can eat pizza everyday and be content.
Not everyone has access to an infinite library of music.
People listen to music for all different reasons here.
I for one enjoy listening to some of the great classic rock albums from the past. I listen to what makes me happy. That's what it is all about.
First off. As you get older your memories fade and I find that music from my younger years brings back some special moments and feelings that otherwise would be lost without them. Music is More Than a Feeling it keeps my Peace Of Mind for a Long Time. 😉
Secondly, The old stuff that we are familiar with is a great way to evaluate a new set of Headphones. Maybe the only way. 😉
My third comment would be
Screenshot_20220720-114554_Amazon Music.jpg
ROCKS forever!

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #5,475 of 20,711
The recording is quite good and the music is solid. Very nice album, I have it on SACD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back